Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Do you think they thought of this as anything more than acquiring IP? I can't imagine anyone looking at the organization's non-stop problems over the last few years and thinking it's got everything sorted.

I look at it as an investor and it is a failure.

The video game industry has a complete lack of maturity, which creates chances.

This is not a chance.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I look at it as an investor and it is a failure.

The video game industry has a complete lack of maturity, which creates chances.

This is not a chance.
I'm inclined to agree and believe it is too little too late to buy at not a discount price. Had MS bought it say 8 years ago maybe salvage more.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You guys are acting like Blizzard is a financial failure when it's just a critical failure. It makes a lot of money.

Don't underestimate the shit normies will buy like FIFA and Call of Duty. Diablo being the watered down RPG could do just fine, hell most people here bought it and we got what we deserved.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You guys are acting like Blizzard is a financial failure when it's just a critical failure. It makes a lot of money.

Don't underestimate the shit normies will buy like FIFA and Call of Duty. Diablo being the watered down RPG could do just fine, hell most people here bought it and we got what we deserved.
It's all relative. They failed to develop a lot of their IPs constantly over the last decade.

I think they can make the money back, just like Disney with Star Wars. But it isn't judged by if it hit the black eventually, it's judged based on its potential value and how well that is realized.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Several of you were even all in on bashing it and Blizzard, yet still broke down and bought it.

Blizzard being shit and Microsoft getting a W aren't mutually exclusive

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Do you think they thought of this as anything more than acquiring IP? I can't imagine anyone looking at the organization's non-stop problems over the last few years and thinking it's got everything sorted.
I don't think they are buying it for the Blizzard portfolio at all.

Either way though, if it gets that studio disbanded, it's a great side benefit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't think they are buying it for the Blizzard portfolio at all.

For the year ended December 31, 2022, Activision Blizzard's net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $7.53 billion.

200.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
For the year ended December 31, 2022, Activision Blizzard's net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $7.53 billion.

View attachment 495281

Okay, don't do that...

Post the financial breakdown of that where Activision / King side of that is like 2/3rds the total.

1697340725744.png

I'm not saying pulling 2 billion rev is bad, but they aren't the REASON why MS is buying them if you follow what I'm sayin.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Okay, don't do that...

Post the financial breakdown of that where Activision / King side of that is like 2/3rds the total.

View attachment 495286

I'm not saying pulling 2 billion rev is bad, but they aren't the REASON why MS is buying them if you follow what I'm sayin.

Nope. I didn't even REMOTELY say that. But don't say they don't want the Blizzard portfolio. That makes no sense.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
But don't say they don't want the Blizzard portfolio. That makes no sense.

Oh ya, I agree 100% there. It's a smart package.

The rest of what you said I'll chalk up to me misunderstanding due to being a few beers into the night.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Microsoft is ruining itself.

Despite some good things, I believe they are the 1990s Nokia.
I see what you did there.gif

(For those who don't remember, Microsoft bought Nokia in 2013, before selling it back in 2016)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That doesn't change the fact that Blizzard is the small, retarded sibling of Activision Blizzard.
Sad thing is it used to be a giant with nothing but even bigger future. All fucking squandered by no talent ass clowns. Blizzard was nothing but a name of quality great games for decades, again all squandered.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As for the math fuckup what's the actual change? Were they supposed to use 100 instead of 1000 and it actually went from 140% to 144%? Or was 40% really only giving 4% the whole time?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As for the math fuckup what's the actual change? Were they supposed to use 100 instead of 1000 and it actually went from 140% to 144%? Or was 40% really only giving 4% the whole time?
The only fuck up was the presentation of the formula, as I am sure that Raxx guy and his forced/fake laughter knew.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Back when we were messing around with it in release season, I couldnt see a big difference in resists on gear. Having Poison resists on your gear didnt seem to really decrease how fast a poison pool would kick your ass. The next one was Paragon, and if you strip off all your Paragon resistances - poison puddle would almost one tap you at any reasonable NM level, with or without gear. Strong Elixir of Poison Resistance is 25% iirc, and without paragon resistances, and that on - it was a subtle improvement but not much.

Point is, its all fucked up. They may be calculated on the paragon pages correctly, but only additive 2.5% for a 25% elixir and probably the armor. Hell, I personally thought the armor shit wasnt being added to the calculation at all. If so, it was an additive addition of 0.25% for 25% resistance. Or, in some really fucked up dumb ass way - they were using additive values - but the max ceiling for resistances was 1000% instead of 100% with calculations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user