Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Had a D4 news update pop up on a discord I'm in, something about 30$ for a custom portal, have they lost their minds?????

Edit: copied the link.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Had a D4 news update pop up on a discord I'm in, something about 30$ for a custom portal, have they lost their minds?????

Edit: copied the link.

No fuckin way...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

patch broke echo of malphas and might have deleted duped duriel mats

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried starting a Rogue but just Alt+F4'ed after 5 minutes. Just let me chug fucking mana potions so I can use the skills I want. I said it before but the Build and Spend is retarded.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
D4 devs pretend they have a real game every time they make decisions to put out weak content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"Do you guys love playing a game the way you want to? I know I do! That's why we, as a company, pioneered not letting you actually do that. Because fuck you. Log in and do your chores and deal with our timegates and bottlenecks. And go fuck yourself and argue with each other over it. Millions of people will buy our garbage and defend it as being totally worth it for a few hours of fun. Even though our releases have been some of the buggiest pieces of shit in gaming history for decades."

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

"Do you guys love playing a game the way you want to? I know I do! That's why we, as a company, pioneered not letting you actually do that. Because fuck you. Log in and do your chores and deal with our timegates and bottlenecks. And go fuck yourself and argue with each other over it. Millions of people will buy our garbage and defend it as being totally worth it for a few hours of fun. Even though our releases have been some of the buggiest pieces of shit in gaming history for decades."
Does make me wonder how much longer they'll be able to milk everyone out of nostalgia and brand awareness. If they came out with a new Starcraft RTS/MMO/Something tomorrow, Im under no illusion that I wont get excited to be disappointed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does make me wonder how much longer they'll be able to milk everyone out of nostalgia and brand awareness. If they came out with a new Starcraft RTS/MMO/Something tomorrow, Im under no illusion that I wont get excited to be disappointed.

No doubt they have unfinished business with "Ghost".

SC2 e-sports failure and subsequent criticism of SC2 as a whole vs SC1 probably threw a wrench in future plans. They spent a lot of money trying to make SC2 the next big thing. The marketing was crazy. They tried to force SC2 to be a global phenom, rather than letting the consumers decide if it was that good. After spending untold millions on that venture, they retired development on the franchise and focused budgets on other IPs.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Microsoft says "hey what about that Starcraft thing?"

Then you know Microsoft is going for cash grabs if Starcraft suddenly goes into production.

Last edited:

Goatface

seems odd, with Lunar Awakening - Feb 6th to Feb 20th appears the Gauntlet will start on Feb 13th.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know what I really want in my North America company who makes games for the North America PC market…. Some random Ching Chong holiday bullshit.

We haven’t been the target demographic for Blizzard in a long long time.

Goatface

You know what I really want in my North America company who makes games for the North America PC market…. Some random Ching Chong holiday bullshit.

We haven’t been the target demographic for Blizzard in a long long time.
wonder what % of the player base is chinese. was watching a streamer say he thinks the leader boards will be around 80% chinese.

Daidraco

wonder what % of the player base is chinese. was watching a streamer say he thinks the leader boards will be around 80% chinese.
Not that I didnt enjoy playing maelfyn maelfyn 's game, Nevergrind, but even it was full of Chinese players. For all the rules and restrictions they have, theyre fucking global when it comes to games.