Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probably accidentally leaving half the story referencing Mephisto after they swap it out in a hurry because they were saving him for the second expack

An emergency rewrite definitely happened during Season 1 to 2-- that Mephisto expac got canned in a hurry.

Looking forward to the future MeToo leaks on how that went down.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Absolutely. We knew that from day one.

I really am looking forward to the PTR. Every single thing they did is what I wanted, minus adding a damn loot filter. The biggest being the removal of junk affixes, and then the codex changes.

I automatically write off any iso arpg without a loot filter now. Imo it's a core requirement for the genre.

Not that I'd play this shit even if it had one.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
D4 is stiller a good filler game if you are in between seasons of POE e.g. Same goes imho for D3 nowadays, always worth playing a char and doing 4/4 of the season journey. I hope the Season 4 loot changes make D4 a little bit more lofty and enjoyable and the last epoch guys should also please time their seasons accordingly. Good times to be an ARPG enjoyer, really.

Goatface

1712083639516.png

heard it was a 98gb download. clicked on raxx, he is testing everything and arguing with chat as some were upset he was testing stuff. lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
D4 is stiller a good filler game if you are in between seasons of POE e.g. Same goes imho for D3 nowadays, always worth playing a char and doing 4/4 of the season journey. I hope the Season 4 loot changes make D4 a little bit more lofty and enjoyable and the last epoch guys should also please time their seasons accordingly. Good times to be an ARPG enjoyer, really.
Shouldn't LE fill that role now? Or playing some other game? Or touching grass? Or taking a nap?

I think I'd rather get some work done around the house than play D4.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
One thing they got right...The game is FINALLY zoomed out properly.

I also don't remember ray tracing being there. Looks good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I definitely hope one day I want to come back to it, had fun for a good while, but it really seems like they mess up way more then they get right. Time and time again, too.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
PTR. Two sets of 920 gear. Insta level 100 by asking an NPC. Full paragon and tree points. All Glyph's 21 etc etc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Welp. They nailed the loot. There have been ZERO drops out of the 25 or so I have received that have bad stats.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So. I don't believe I am saying this, but they have legit fixed this game. The game is finally in a 1.0 state. Take a hard dose of salt coming from someone that didn't think D4 was bad. Just meh.

Loot? Fixed. EVERY single drop has relevant stats toward your class. It might not be THE stat you need for a particular build, but no stats are garbage now. 8/10 here. Still need a loot filter.

The Pit = Greater Rifts like we knew. I only saw three variations of dungeons though. I am at level 31ish? 9/10

I did not test leveling. But the chat is filled with peeps saying it feels good. Not sure if it's peeps that were comparing it to season two, skipped three, and are coming back and noticing the changes. I don't know.

Helltides! Holy shit did they increase the mob density! Also it looks like they took the season two's Blood Harvest and rolled it into the Helltides, and then some. It's the most fun I have had in D4 so far. I just like destroying waves of mobs once your threat reaches high enough. 9/10!

Codex of Power. Yeah. THIS right here saved their game IMO. It fixes Loot. Bag space. Bank space. Salvaging etc. Once you get that great slotted item. No need to even look at gear that falls unless you see the loot has a max stat on it. Just salvage everything and be done. Upgrade on an aspect? Game will let you know you upgraded that aspect. 10/10

Not sure if some changes are PTR buffs fixes, or prior season...but Barbarian may have lost a bugged HOTA, but everything else is MUCH better as far as the three builds I have tried. Especially Upheaval.

I am going to say this. I think D4 is now in a better state than Last Epoch. (One thing of note. Comparing Last Epoch to D4 combat wise. You realize soon as you do a dungeon or whatever, how much more impactful the combat feels over LE. It just feels satisfying).

Overall, you folk that are on the fence, give it a shot. If I am way off on my summary let me know. Curious what people think of the changes. I will definitely be doing the next season.

• 11Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 11 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When are they aiming to releasing this to live? Only logged on for 5 minutes but like the slightly zoomed out camera. Have not yet tried anything besides running around.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
May 14th provided they don't delay it again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Is the content still essentially the same with the added new GR or whatever? With how fast leveling was it got boring pretty quick.

Without a nice chunk of new content I just dont see the added chore of crafting rng and greater affix rng as enough to want to reinstall :(. Definitely keeping an eye on things, though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
When are they aiming to releasing this to live? Only logged on for 5 minutes but like the slightly zoomed out camera. Have not yet tried anything besides running around.
Get your horse. Hit the guy that levels you to 100. Hit The PIT/Helltides.