Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So. I don't believe I am saying this, but they have legit fixed this game. The game is finally in a 1.0 state. Take a hard dose of salt coming from someone that didn't think D4 was bad. Just meh.

Loot? Fixed. EVERY single drop has relevant stats toward your class. It might not be THE stat you need for a particular build, but no stats are garbage now. 8/10 here. Still need a loot filter.

The Pit = Greater Rifts like we knew. I only saw three variations of dungeons though. I am at level 31ish? 9/10

I did not test leveling. But the chat is filled with peeps saying it feels good. Not sure if it's peeps that were comparing it to season two, skipped three, and are coming back and noticing the changes. I don't know.

Helltides! Holy shit did they increase the mob density! Also it looks like they took the season two's Blood Harvest and rolled it into the Helltides, and then some. It's the most fun I have had in D4 so far. I just like destroying waves of mobs once your threat reaches high enough. 9/10!

Codex of Power. Yeah. THIS right here saved their game IMO. It fixes Loot. Bag space. Bank space. Salvaging etc. Once you get that great slotted item. No need to even look at gear that falls unless you see the loot has a max stat on it. Just salvage everything and be done. Upgrade on an aspect? Game will let you know you upgraded that aspect. 10/10

Not sure if some changes are PTR buffs fixes, or prior season...but Barbarian may have lost a bugged HOTA, but everything else is MUCH better as far as the three builds I have tried. Especially Upheaval.

I am going to say this. I think D4 is now in a better state than Last Epoch. (One thing of note. Comparing Last Epoch to D4 combat wise. You realize soon as you do a dungeon or whatever, how much more impactful the combat feels over LE. It just feels satisfying).

Overall, you folk that are on the fence, give it a shot. If I am way off on my summary let me know. Curious what people think of the changes. I will definitely be doing the next season.
That pissed me off about Hell Tides so much when I was playing. Im just wandering around, killing the few enemies that were about. Might get lucky and run into a big group, but theyre wiped out so quick that.. Im back to looking for more. Like isnt this a "HELL" "TIDE" fucking send in the fucking waves of shit to kill me. I'd rather it be so god damn brutal that I need to step out of the area, rather than whatever the fuck they were thinking of before. Cant stand playing a game and this GIF being my reaction to to ANYTHING:
what-huh.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
LOL clicked on Raxx stream it was listed as D4. He's playing minecraft. Makes sense. I guess servers are done, minecraft might be more interesting.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This game looks washed out. Some areas aren't even all beige and look like decent art, but still washed out. Pale like the game is sick. D3 was sometimes a bit too saturated and neon, but this is worse. And decently calibrated OLED so not shitty TV.

Am having enough fun that it's been worth free, at least. So many dumb design choices and little things that are annoying.

Like in an open world with a shit ton of boring side quest why bother have a 20 quest log limit? Bleh.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This game looks washed out. Some areas aren't even all beige and look like decent art, but still washed out. Pale like the game is sick. D3 was sometimes a bit too saturated and neon, but this is worse. And decently calibrated OLED so not shitty TV.

Am having enough fun that it's been worth free, at least. So many dumb design choices and little things that are annoying.

Like in an open world with a shit ton of boring side quest why bother have a 20 quest log limit? Bleh.

Never forget how much these retard spent just trying to not make a fucking game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They must have pissed Raxx the fuck off between the one-two punch of Immortal and D4 for him not to check the changes out on stream.

He was polishing Blizzard boots for the better part of a year straight-- even after Ching chong told him lead devs have no control over monetization.

If Raxx doesn't check S4 out that's pretty damning.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would like a game to fit in that is not Vampire Survivors like PoE is.

But then again thats basically Last Epoch now I guess. Just wish LE had more stuff to do, got bored real fast just like in D4 due to nothing to aim for besides farming better gear to do what exactly?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They must have pissed Raxx the fuck off between the one-two punch of Immortal and D4 for him not to check the changes out on stream.

He was polishing Blizzard boots for the better part of a year straight-- even after Ching chong told him lead devs have no control over monetization.

He spent the last 3 days on ptr.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Him and all the regular D4 streamers love the changes. Raxx has been on the PTR since it went live.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Nothing beats a pet build, where you run in circles, without even a movement skill. Highlights great gameplay there.
Yeah they need to add a lot more choices in endgame content to bring me back, though I do think the itemization looks way better now, still nothing to really test a build.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I would like a game to fit in that is not Vampire Survivors like PoE is.

But then again thats basically Last Epoch now I guess. Just wish LE had more stuff to do, got bored real fast just like in D4 due to nothing to aim for besides farming better gear to do what exactly?
Isn't that iso arpg in a nutshell? Farm gear to more efficiently farm more gear / try other builds.

My main D4 issue is none of the classes appeal to me. They all seem boring. I like Last Epoch (and before kids/family, PoE) because there are tons of different classes/builds to try.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rogue had some advanced build-crafting over the seasons. The other classes seemed a lot more basic mechanic wise in terms of available builds and how those builds play.

Rogue felt the deepest in S1.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm a fan of melee rogue style combat and not ranged. Sadly the most effective builds for leveling and finishing the campaign so far has been built wround flurry hitting 360 and being stationary. So, just standing in place. Which is boring and dumb so I don't do it and instead have cobbled together movement based builds because it's more fun.

Thought about trying necro or sorcerer, but barely hanging on grinding through the shitty story campaign.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm a fan of melee rogue style combat and not ranged. Sadly the most effective builds for leveling and finishing the campaign so far has been built wround flurry hitting 360 and being stationary. So, just standing in place. Which is boring and dumb so I don't do it and instead have cobbled together movement based builds because it's more fun.

Thought about trying necro or sorcerer, but barely hanging on grinding through the shitty story campaign.
The season I played rogue I thought the Twisting Blades builds were pretty fun, they should really figure out how to build more "sub-builds" around it, but it was a different playstyle. I found it fun but definitely not for everyone.