Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My guess is they had the whole team on act 1 lvl 1-25 for the last year and now they have 75% of the game to polish out and finish. I'd bet a delay is inevitable.
It's not unpossible, but I'm still extremely impressed with what I've seen compared to the ultra-tiny D3 beta.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Played a lot of my rogue this afternoon. Definitely my favorite of the three for this weekend. Not to say the other two aren’t good/fun but the rogue is just tits. Looking forward to necro and Druid next weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So I just thought I was having a good time with sorc until I got legendries that gave me some awesome kill on life, an extra cast of hydra and the enchant passive for blizzard cast on myself every 6 sec. Now I just cast double max hydras, max blizzard and max frost nova and watch stuff fall over with full life. ITS SO GOOD ON MY LIPS. I will have to save rogue for next weekend I guess.

My guess is they had the whole team on act 1 lvl 1-25 for the last year and now they have 75% of the game to polish out and finish. I'd bet a delay is inevitable.
Ehhhhh, no. I mean, nothing is impossible, we do live in a time when the Government bald faced lied to us but that is both stupid project management and corp. malfeasance. Not only that but people would know and leak it if that were the case.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So I just thought I was having a good time with sorc until I got legendries that gave me some awesome kill on life, an extra cast of hydra and the enchant passive for blizzard cast on myself every 6 sec. Now I just cast double max hydras, max blizzard and max frost nova and watch stuff fall over with full life. ITS SO GOOD ON MY LIPS. I will have to save rogue for next weekend I guess.

Ehhhhh, no. I mean, nothing is impossible, we do live in a time when the Government bald faced lied to us but that is both stupid project management and corp. malfeasance. Not only that but people would know and leak it if that were the case.
Fuck that. Next weekend is necromancer.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I played all three to 25 and Sorc was my favorite with Rogue a close second. Barbarian did get to a point where it was okay after about level 16 or so but even then it felt way too squishy for the role.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Fuck that. Next weekend is necromancer.
Oh no doubt. I will have more time next weekend but I want to at least try all 5 to see. I didnt think I would like Sorc as much as I did. Ended up tonight at almost 22, having played every side quest I could find. There were a couple of really good ones in the mix there; we'll see what the quality is of the writing when we get to launch: Is it Nu-Blizzard or any of the good stuff left?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I played all three to 25 and Sorc was my favorite with Rogue a close second. Barbarian did get to a point where it was okay after about level 16 or so but even then it felt way too squishy for the role.
I'm not sure if getting cucked out of the class quest for Barb was relevant or not. I went balls deep into bleeds and so I had the deeps to muddle through it, but it just felt like a slow ass meat bag that somehow still killed everything. Very odd experience on that class.
Rogue and Sorc were more interesting for sure. For me, other than seeing the story through- which, admittedly makes me retarded, because they will drop that ball, the rest of the game seems pretty meh. Blizz isn't going to make a game to my tastes anymore- so shrug. I spent wow gold on it, so no real loss for me. I'll still play through it on release. Also lol apparently the 21:9 crew can rise up on beta before they ruin all the fun like they did with d3.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Agree with a lot of what Asmon said. Oldschool uniques would have been nice.

They can still create that feeling without them, however, the beta won't show whether that's the case or not.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So after thinking all legendary items were account bound, we noticed tonight this wasn't the case, and it's really confusing.

A couple examples:
- Party of 3, we kill a boss. 1 legendary for each of us drop, only 1 of the 3 are not account bound
- I had a double drop from a chest or something... 1 was account bound the other wasn't.

Maybe only certain slots are tradeable? Just doesn't make sense.

Another issue we came across, seems like a bug, if you have 2 legendries with the same affix one grays out, permanently. You can even sell or salvage the other one, the other remains grayed out and doesn't seem to work anymore (didn't get to test the last part much).

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did not see that with the legendaries. It would grey out if I had that same ability equipped (and it would choose the stronger effect of the two) but if I didn't have either equipped they looked fine.

I do like that extracting a legendary power just gives you one material to slot that into something else. This contrasts with the aspects you unlock globally by doing side dungeons.

Also a big fan of the account-wide unlocks for the Lilith altars and the reputation skills point bonuses.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I went balls deep into bleeds and so I had the deeps to muddle through it, but it just felt like a slow ass meat bag that somehow still killed everything.

Barb felt fine to me early levels, but I did Lunging Strike and Upheaval. Seemed to clear as fast as anything else and I barely got hit because I was moving.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Capture.PNG

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users