Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
D2 in the fucking 90's had more skill choices than this linear system
Oh ok I get it now. You're either a complete fucking retard or you're trolling...ya has to be trolling. Almost had me going for a minute tho ngl.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
As soon as I opened the UI - wait what the fuck, are you trolling here?
Avoiding an argument about runes which I could argue effectively change playstyle a lot more than any of the power ups to Diablo 4 abilities the Sorc has 24 choices in Diablo 4 and 26 in Diablo 3...... Unless you consider 5% more barrier or something a real choice and not just filler bullshit?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gonna agree on the point that the skill system is a little weak, only weakpoint that I found during the beta. Obviously you can fill it out a bit more by level 100, but with only 6 skill slots (clearly chosen to make it easier to play with a controller) it's much too limiting. They should give the Ultimate skill it's own dedicated button, so you can at least free up another hotbar slot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Bro no offense but you're fucking delusional lol. 10x the choices? Ridiculous skill interactions? Sounds cool on paper but I'm pretty sure Pantheon would release before your version of D4. As it stands right now there are several viable builds for each class and even among those builds there are usually like 2 skills that are preference. Not sure what more you could want without going into autistic levels of overcomplexity like PoE.
And even then PoE doesn't have all that "crazy shit" he wants. Just another example of someone who doesn't actually play ARPGs coming in to say this game is going to suck.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
And even then PoE doesn't have all that "crazy shit" he wants. Just another example of someone who doesn't actually play ARPGs coming in to say this game is going to suck.
Wanting to be able to use more than 6 abilities, and have some sort of reason to not just pick Fire Skill, Fire Skill, Fire Skill, Fire Skill, and Fire Skill because the first skill you picked happened to be Fire is asking too much. This thread needs to be crossed with the politics thread and all will make sense lol.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Gonna agree on the point that the skill system is a little weak, only weakpoint that I found during the beta. Obviously you can fill it out a bit more by level 100, but with only 6 skill slots (clearly chosen to make it easier to play with a controller) it's much too limiting. They should give the Ultimate skill it's own dedicated button, so you can at least free up another hotbar slot.

How many skills does a game need? PoE, which is apparently the be all end all of amazingness and choice and build diversity, is a game where you use... 1 whole skill, maybe 2 if you're playing one of the few builds that uses 1 skill for single target and 1 for aoe clear. Throw on a movement skill and woo, we have 2 whole skills to use, 1 for travel and 1 for attacking. Then you can maybe throw in a war cry for some builds and have 3.

I do agree that it's most likely 6 because consoles but I also think that is plenty.

The skill tree looked like it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more to it from the little glimpses of it I saw but I also don't think it matters too much because at the end of the day, no matter how big of a tree you make, people will find the best places to put points, post it online, and then that's all anyone will do with their points anyways.
Wanting to be able to use more than 6 abilities, and have some sort of reason to not just pick Fire Skill, Fire Skill, Fire Skill, Fire Skill, and Fire Skill because the first skill you picked happened to be Fire is asking too much. This thread needs to be crossed with the politics thread and all will make sense lol.

Give one example of an ARPG where this is the case. It's not PoE, D3, D2, Last Epoch, Grim Dawn, I don't think any of the Torchlights but its been a while since I played one so maybe? Or are you just trying to further prove my point that you're another troll in here who doesn't even play the genre but just wants to say the game is going to suck?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
PoE
- Math out a tree that is mostly small incremental passives or COPY A GUIDE
- Slot auras that all benefit one skill
- If you did your math correctly or FOLLOWED A GUIDE you will now clear the entire screen with one button press

Holy shit what a great game lets meltdown every ARPG thread talking about it.

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 10 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are definitely some interesting builds to be made even as early as 25, but I have a feeling that most of these interactions people have found are unintended and will get nerfed into the ground like usual.

If anyone wants to try the sorc cooldown build next weekend, I think I refined it into a much better version than what was in that reddit post I linked a couple days ago. It's still just as unkillable (as in, you can face tank the world boss) but with some simple changes it does vastly more damage. For legendary effects you really just need the 2 Hydra effect on a ring or gloves, damage to frozen targets on a staff (staff gives 2x the bonus, making wand/dagger+focus basically useless), and slap the barrier when attacking elites effect on an amulet (for the 1.5x multiplier like staff gets). Items are pretty simple since you really have no need for defense, so just get stuff like Ice Blades and Hydra +skill on hat, Defense and Conjuration +skill on amulet, and Frost Armor/Frost Nova +skill on boots, then +close range/+crowd-controlled/+vulnerable dmg/+int everywhere else you can. There's a few other orange affixes that are really good too, like +% dmg to vulnerable when you have a barrier, stacking +% dmg while you stand still, and +dmg that scales based on how full your mana is (Hydra is pretty cheap, so it's almost always close to full).

Actually playing it is simple, drop 2 hydras then mash all the other buttons. Hydras and Ice Blades will just murder everything.

sorc.jpg

sorc_skilltree.jpg

(rest of the skill tree is just filler, aside from Unstable Current with no modifiers in the ultimate section)

• 1Like

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
PoE
- If you did your math correctly or FOLLOWED A GUIDE you will now clear the entire screen with one button press

There is a huge spectrum between D4 and POE.

You guys do realize you're your own worst enemies? You're advocating for less build choice because you perceive it as a burden, because you feel compelled to have the VERY BEST BUILD.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but it's parallel to life. Sure someone could come in and compel you to do the exact right thing for your life every single given day, but humans don't enjoy that all to much do they?

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
PoE

Do you know why people go back to POE over and over? Because they innovate every goddamn quarter. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is absolute shit; but it is ALWAYS new and different. This game cannot even shake the feeling that it isn't that much different from a game released 11 fucking years ago. Not a single bit of innovation in 11 years.

• 3Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm not advocating for less build choices. I just think PoE's overall design is highly flawed and less desirable than what I'm seeing in D4.

The whole one button active and a bunch of passives is just trash gameplay.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Magicka was the best skill system. Gonna fuck you up along with my entire party with this spell.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm not advocating for less build choices. I just think PoE's overall design is highly flawed and less desirable than what I'm seeing in D4.

The whole one button active and a bunch of passives is just trash gameplay.

You are going to have to defend at least a bit of this statement. I played a slam build that was three different warcries to enhance the slam in different ways and another warcry to shatter the spikes made by the slam. One button active? I fucking wish.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Do you know why people go back to POE over and over? Because they innovate every goddamn quarter. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is absolute shit; but it is ALWAYS new and different. This game cannot even shake the feeling that it isn't that much different from a game released 11 fucking years ago. Not a single bit of innovation in 11 years.

Lol. Drugs are bad.

• 1EyeRoll

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gameplay, in my arpg? What is this shit?

There's a reason argps are known for burnout. It ain't the gripping gameplay.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity