Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The whole "barb is shit" angle is massively overblown.
It's also stupid as fuck because like multiple people have said multiple times, that's how it is in every single ARPG ever. Try levelling a melee char in PoE and it's absolute dogshit and feels horrible compared to split shot or any other ranged/aoe skill.
I am not actively trying to shit up a game thread.
46y0ne.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's also stupid as fuck because like multiple people have said multiple times, that's how it is in every single ARPG ever. Try levelling a melee char in PoE and it's absolute dogshit and feels horrible compared to split shot or any other ranged/aoe skill.

46y0ne.png
Grim Dawn melee wrecks ranged.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Bingo again.

Dude you put way the fuck too much effort into hating Blizzard. It's crazy how they legit live rent free in your head. Kind of pathetic honestly how so many people are affected like this. You're legit a video game Karen. At the end of the day I couldn't possibly care any fucking less about the company behind a game and care only about the game itself. Diablo 4 is a solid game and anyone arguing otherwise is a delusional dumb fuck. The game has issues but it's more than serviceable and is undeniably fun to play and mess around with. If you don't want to play it or don't like it then cool but shut the actual fuck up about it already.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How much do they need to monetize a game where most people are going to be paying 89.99 for it? lol.

I doubt there will be much outside of the season passes and some mounts and other garbage.
Bobby is disappoint.
bobby-kotick-leaving-activision.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Utnayan Utnayan Tencent are partial owners of the companies that did Elden Ring. Tencent also owns most of Riot and Riot + league of legends is one of the most woke plagued games/companies i've ever seen. Are you going to revoke your praise of that game given these findings or do I need to keep digging for more?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Grim Dawn melee wrecks ranged.
Fair enough, Grim Dawn and TQ are the areas I'll agree with you that melee probably has the advantage (maybe last epoch i've only played sorc twice and acolyte for a little bit). I haven't put enough hours into them to really compare all the different builds myself. I think this is because those games are massively slower paced than Diablo games or PoE so you don't feel like shit having to kill mobs 1 at a time as you run between them.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

This is peak PoE gameplay. Sorry but anyone that thinks this is good is an actual fucking moron. Can anyone even tell what the actual fuck is going on in any of these videos? It's as if the objective of the game is to try and give yourself a seizure. You would think the lead developer of this dog shit game is Michael fucking Bay. Fuck all these retards in this thread that want Diablo 4 to turn into this trash.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fair enough, Grim Dawn and TQ are the areas I'll agree with you that melee probably has the advantage (maybe last epoch i've only played sorc twice and acolyte for a little bit). I haven't put enough hours into them to really compare all the different builds myself. I think this is because those games are massively slower paced than Diablo games or PoE so you don't feel like shit having to kill mobs 1 at a time as you run between them.
Last Epoch overall is fairly easy. I’ve found caster, ranged, melee, pets all viable. It’s more like just find the playstyle you like and go with it and you can make it work.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lmao as if anyone in this thread has ever farmed enough currency to make one of those builds in PoE

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Bingo. I was hoping someone would figure it out.

I'll clue you in. It's on it's 5th iteration of design with two and a half months to go, isn't tested, and the 5th redesign is about 15% complete. You think meeting for 5 months about how a door should interact with a player is Blizzard Bad, multiply that stupidity by 70. This in tandum with they barely scratched the surface with Act 6 and the epilogue - and crying babies about to be pushed into crunch caused by their own ineptitude.
I can vouch nothing has changed as for class balancing/rework, itemization or game play since the closed beta test. I noticed some minor UI changes, they added voices instead of text to speech for quest dialogues and textures to the environments. Unless they have a new build in store for us I’m kind of worried. Granted I will be playing it at launch but something is telling me the game will be shipped incomplete. We’re starting off with no set items or runewords and no telling how the paraboard (paragon board) is and if any changes were made. Two months is not enough time to fix the issues unless they go into full grind mode and I don’t see that happening. Hopefully within 6 months to a year everything should be fixed.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can vouch nothing has changed as for class balancing/rework, itemization or game play since the closed beta test. I noticed some minor UI changes, they added voices instead of text to speech for quest dialogues and textures to the environments. Unless they have a new build in store for us I’m kind of worried. Granted I will be playing it at launch but something is telling me the game will be shipped incomplete. We’re starting off with no set items or runewords and no telling how the paraboard (paragon board) is and if any changes were made. Two months is not enough time to fix the issues unless they go into full grind mode and I don’t see that happening. Hopefully within 6 months to a year everything should be fixed.
As is like the industry standard apparently. Played the shit out of New World and it was God awful at release. Theyve literally addressed every issue I had with the game and added more content and I cant be asked to login and check any of it out. This isnt me giving anyone a pass - Im just not going to be surprised that if its incomplete and it takes an expansion to get it right. The map is connected to a larger part of the world so heres to hoping that season passes drop content for the game each time instead of cosmetics alone.

As has been said, D3 did the same thing.

• 2Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
In my opinion and for me alone, I could give two shits who works where. What they do in their offtime, their beliefs, politics or w/e nonsense. When it comes to games all I care about "is it fun" and "Can I get enough hours out of said game to justify its cost(either box or sub or both). That's it. Maybe that makes me a bad guy or sticking my head in the ground to some, but its video games, my escape from those things, thus only 2 things matter. Given the shit every corporation does, not one person on this planet(except maybe a guy living in a tent in the forest his whole life) hasn't "contributed" to something "bad" and still do.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much do they need to monetize a game where most people are going to be paying 89.99 for it? lol.

I doubt there will be much outside of the season passes and some mounts and other garbage.
Screenshot_20230321_123601_Chrome.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These games live or die by their end game. I mean campaign story is nice and all but its usually one and done, by the second time your mashing keys to get rid of dialogue and skip cut scenes and hurry the fuck through it as fast as possible to hit that end game. That coveted end game is where either this game will live or die a fast death. And until we see a glimpse of any of that end game were all smoking some huge ass copium.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is peak PoE gameplay. Sorry but anyone that thinks this is good is an actual fucking moron. Can anyone even tell what the actual fuck is going on in any of these videos? It's as if the point of the game is to try and give yourself a seizure. You would think the lead developer of this dog shit game is Michael fucking Bay. Fuck all these retards in this thread that want Diablo 4 to turn into this trash.
You're an absolute retard and have shit reading comprehension. No wonder you couldn't hack it in POE.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You're an absolute retard and have shit reading comprehension. No wonder you couldn't hack it in POE.
Lol? The first time I ever played the game was when they introduced the syndicate mechanic and I cleared all of the content in the entire game without looking at a single guide for anything but ok dumb fuck.

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
These games live or die by their end game. I mean campaign story is nice and all but its usually one and done, by the second time your mashing keys to get rid of dialogue and skip cut scenes and hurry the fuck through it as fast as possible to hit that end game. That coveted end game is where either this game will live or die a fast death. And until we see a glimpse of any of that end game were all smoking some huge ass copium.

Worst comes to worst, its like d3. I log in for 1-2 weeks on interesting seasons and that's it. Each season gave probably ~20 hours before I was bored. So well worth the price I paid for the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan Utnayan Tencent are partial owners of the companies that did Elden Ring. Tencent also owns most of Riot and Riot + league of legends is one of the most woke plagued games/companies i've ever seen. Are you going to revoke your praise of that game given these findings or do I need to keep digging for more?

Share ownership and priority control are vastly different but being debating you is exactly like debating my wife who doesn't know jack shit about this, let me know when the quality of the product suffers and I'll shit on From Software just as much. I am not talking about where the dollars go. If blizzard made a good product I couldn't care less if somehow you landed $500 a month. The problem is with the product quality directly related to work ethic and societal decline as a result of those specific employees that caused it.

In other words, let me know when From is infested with man baby blue hairs and as a result of diversity hires, their product now sucks.

Do I agree with where the investments lie and where that goes? That is too macro a position to have because THAT is everywhere and quite honestly, doesn't effect me in my gaming hobby. What DOES effect me in my gaming hobby is seeing this invade product quality and as a result, seeing my hobby decline as a direct result of cucks that should have been told to shut the fuck up a decade ago - or better yet, got their ass nailed with the wooden spoon from one of their parents in upbringing.

Sterotype? Yep. But it's definitely fitting and doesn't take an Einstein to see the correlation between entertainment quality not only in games, in every facet of movies and TV shows as well since corporations started appeasing to these assholes. Good news? It * IS * turning around. Albeit slowly as revenues continue to decline.

I am talking about Apples being poisoned by the planter. You are talking about who controls the seeds monetarily. The two are completely exclusive to one another in their own form.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron