Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should probably read at least the last few pages lol. My entire argument is that the game is way to watered down skill wise. I don't think we need a PoE clone, but this game definitely needs a little bit more choice.

I haven't played it yet, but isnt it just act 1 and level 25? Kind of weird to make such a statement when you have seen what 1/3 of the game? Unless that at that level everything is already unlocked?

And again, I disagree. I dont mind simple. I can play Poe for complex if I want, otherwise I can just log in, have my 5 to 6 skills and kill shit. Diablo has always been simple with very small skill pool that you actually use. And there's always been a meta of what builds are the best and down from there. Generally in most RPG games(either MMO, ARPG , or just plain RPG) there is always a few builds that just dominate, then some middle of the road, then bottom of the barrel. Patches are about the only thing that changes what is what. I've yet to see a dev team able to every balance the huge variety of builds these games can have, to have any of them equal. God forbid if there is pvp involved.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I haven't played it yet, but isnt it just act 1 and level 25? Kind of weird to make such a statement when you have seen what 1/3 of the game? Unless that at that level everything is already unlocked?

And again, I disagree. I dont mind simple. I can play Poe for complex if I want, otherwise I can just log in, have my 5 to 6 skills and kill shit. Diablo has always been simple with very small skill pool that you actually use.
You pretty much have everything unlocked outside of Paragon levels which we know nothing about at 25... Given core abilities reside in the primary leveling tree, I would be shocked if Paragon added other major ability changes, but here's to hoping.

That being said many of you seem to think that build diversity has to be like 50 buttons. How many skills are there in classic WoW for each class? Was Classic WoW not an awesome game? Would it have been better with less skills/talents? Yeah some skills are rarely used, but you should be able to bind them if you want to or if there's a conditional use.... (Teleport rank 1 for instance being bound despite only being used periodically).

• 1Truth!
  • 1Picard

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You pretty much have everything unlocked outside of Paragon levels which we know nothing about at 25... Given core abilities reside in the primary leveling tree, I would be shocked if Paragon added other major ability changes, but here's to hoping.

That being said many of you seem to think that build diversity has to be like 50 buttons. How many skills are there in classic WoW for each class? Was Classic WoW not an awesome game? Would it have been better with less skills/talents? Yeah some skills are rarely used, but you should be able to bind them if you want to or if there's a conditional use.... (Teleport rank 1 for instance being bound despite only being used periodically).

That's a pretty drastic change from normal, everything unlocked by 25? The level cap is 100 on release from what I reading, so to have everything unlocked by 25 is crazy.

Key bindings in classic WoW were out of control, there was a ton, especially for some specs. And it would have been better with less. Especially when you were coming from a game like EQ. They toned it down later, combining alot of stuff into drop down menus and what not, but it still has a decent amount, but that's normal for an MMO.

Less is definitely good when it comes to ARPGs in my opinion.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I stopped watching as soon as the video he was reacting too said "Forced to buy". People need to exercise some self control and responsibility.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Do you know why people go back to POE over and over? Because they innovate every goddamn quarter. Sometimes it is great, sometimes it is absolute shit; but it is ALWAYS new and different. This game cannot even shake the feeling that it isn't that much different from a game released 11 fucking years ago. Not a single bit of innovation in 11 years.
Sorry but running around like you're on a crack and meth bender 1 shotting entire screens of mobs using 1 maybe 2 skills is not good or innovative gameplay.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
In Diablo 2 we usually used 2 abilities on left/right cluck then maybe an aura or summon extra.

6 abilties aeems fine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sorry but running around like you're on a crack and meth bender 1 shotting entire screens of mobs using 1 maybe 2 skills is not good or innovative gameplay.

There is no need to innovate on the biggest reason that entire genre is popular and, most importantly, fun

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I is a reboot necessarily required?

I dunno, all the people in here screaming about how amazing and innovative PoE is sure seem to think a reboot is required for d4 and that reboot better contain 4000 mechanics and features that have never even been dreamt of in the ARPG genre, so why would they not feel the same way about PoE 2?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
POE's innovation is in making the inherent grindy nature of ARPG end game into something compelling to continue sinking hundreds of hours into. Diablo 2 was able to do this as well.

POE Maps is the most innovative thing they have ever done. Fight me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Right because there isn't a fucking huge gap between POE and D4. This is like saying Heroes of the Storm would be WAY TO COMPLEX if they added items so it's better the way it is! We see how well that worked out. Game lacks any sort of complexity. D2 in the fucking 90's had more skill choices than this linear system.

Edit
This is the same dumb fuck logic that got talents removed in WoW as well. Apparently less choices = more better now because we don't want to have to think.

I can guarantee you and everyone 100% it is designed this way for a “reason”. Purposely constrained variables to sell it to the masses as less complex. That’s only a smoke bomb and a hand mirror. The real reason is the low talent waste of space cucks working on this game are too fucking stupid to balance a game around any type of multi-variable sub class architecture. So to avoid the HUGE deficit of knowledge and foresight needed to do something my fucking dog could do in 1999 and balance it continually, they bring their stupid to you so you won’t confuse them come balance time if you have two synergistic skills in a build.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I stopped watching as soon as the video he was reacting too said "Forced to buy". People need to exercise some self control and responsibility.
I stopped watching before I clicked it. Why anyone takes any of that retards takes seriously is beyond me. The dude is bad at video games, doesn’t research his takes before he rambles about them, states objectively wrong things due to his nonresearch. Seriously the guy is a moron who made it rich off other morons clicking his shit videos.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't watch much of him but from the bits i've seen it feels more to me like he uses lots of sarcasm and plays into a bunch of stuff just for content and not necessarily because he believes it personally.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I love how all these Blizzard nut huggers are accusing some in here of being POE fanboies when it was our criticism of how bland and shallow D4 looks that made them start wailing and gnashing their teeth about how that is just "polish for the masses."

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I love how all these Blizzard nut huggers are accusing some in here of being POE fanboies when it was our criticism of how bland and shallow D4 looks that made them start wailing and gnashing their teeth about how that is just "polish for the masses."
My game is better than your game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't watch much of him but from the bits i've seen it feels more to me like he uses lots of sarcasm and plays into a bunch of stuff just for content and not necessarily because he believes it personally.
A recent example is that Wo Long game. He plays for a bit, skips the tutorial that tells him how to beat a boss. Tries button mashing through it and getting upset (He sucks at those types of games even when he pays attention). Declares the game unplayable.

To me, that’s pretty fucking shitty of him. He has a large audience for some reason and a lot of influence. When you reach that level you can ruin a companies sales due to your incompetence.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh ya, that's a dick move for sure. I just don't think he's a retard so much as he's just a douche milking twitch for what twitch wants. Twitch chat is like the most retarded of retards and he's pretty good at giving them what they want (and so are a bunch of other big streamers).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A recent example is that Wo Long game. He plays for a bit, skips the tutorial that tells him how to beat a boss. Tries button mashing through it and getting upset (He sucks at those types of games even when he pays attention). Declares the game unplayable.

To me, that’s pretty fucking shitty of him. He has a large audience for some reason and a lot of influence. When you reach that level you can ruin a companies sales due to your incompetence.
The guys a sperg. His audience are spergs.

He might be on the lesser side of evil that is the broad shit show of the Twitch spectrum but he's still in the same clown car as everyone else.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
When it comes to class/skill, POE and the Diablo franchise offer completely different approach. POE is more "open world", where Diablo is more "linear".

Now, is it fair to say Skyrim is a better game than Mass Effect or vice versa? I don't think so...