Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
When it comes to class/skill, POE and the Diablo franchise offer completely different approach. POE is more "open world", where Diablo is more "linear".

I disagree since your point is invalidated by them opening this door in the first place.

And regardless of Linear/Open world comparisons in the game itself, let's use a different one that is more suiting.

Skyrim and Mass Effect 2: It's a silly debate - both games are great.

Skyrim and Mass Effect Andromeda- Insert 45,340 meme's right (--->Here<---).

Now, what was the ONE thing that changed at Bioware (Which is also encroaching Bethesda) between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda... - And I'll give you a hint.

1679407305066.png

Any questions?

And I'll answer the first glaring one. It isn't their sexuality, it isn't who they bang at night, it isn't who they "Fall in love" with, it isn't even the bullshit politics they stand for.

It's a corporate over-manuever of Diversity Hires to reach some sort of affirmative action style perceived level set on this demographic instead of the talent behind it.

And I could even get behind giving these folks a shot if they just sat down, shut the fuck up, and learned and be thankful for the opportunity. Instead, they never cared about that. They just want a platform for more eye rolling attention. And we are seeing those results spread now across the entire tech world.

Why is this important and what does it have to do with Diablo 4? The gravy train ride is over for these worthless fucks - and for once in my life I am hoping this MS acquisition goes through because they were all on the fucking chopping block along with the rest of the trash in the tech industry.

You haven't seen jack shit with how poor this game will be. The implosion will be felt more than the Last of us 2 or Andromeda, and more than likely Starfield.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I was saying class/skill in POE is more open world, Diablo is more linear.

NOT THE GAME

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was saying class/skill in POE is more open world, Diablo is more linear.

NOT THE GAME

I am not tracking. Are you saying POE has more class diversity and sub class builds available as a result of all the choices and Diablo historically gave you much less to work with? If that is the case, yes very true. It's also why it was so popular. (PoE)

The thing is I never tracked PoE balance issues. Blizzard now does it for a reason other than simplicity. They do it because they do not have the talent to track and balance all the possibilities under the vein of simplicity. Although I would love to see what would happen with the live team over in Irvine if they were forced to get off their ass and think things through. Their tiny little brains would implode which would then quickly derail into some sort of "Working conditions suck here" scapegoat, draw up some bullshit working condition need for a union, all so they can sit on their ass and even be more useless than they already are.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can't even talk about vidya games on this forum anymore without the thread getting ruined by people rehearsing being mad about the same shit every day. It's all so fucking tiresome.

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 14 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are 1000 other companies that openly say they welcome the alphabet soup. A 1000 more that passively say "Fuck white people, suck cock!" in theirs. Im just over it and the idea that I can make a fucking change against the machine. You cant fucking shop at a grocery store without buying something from a company that is parading that shit around constantly. If you live in the US, you just arent going to escape this fucking shit. What fucking "grinds my gears" is when I see the same people shitting up a Blizzard game thread with that woke shit and then I see them playing a game from another company that has just as much woke, cringey ass shit in that one, if not MORE. You cant fucking buy food, shop for clothes, or hell, shop for fucking tools at your local hardware store without the majority of those brands waving the fucking tranny flag around.

I keep my house solid, and my family at large is every bit a WASP unit. Some fucking corporate entity gouging out every last fucking dollar from the mass amount of woke retards in this country doesnt surprise me and it sure as fuck isnt going to corrupt me. Anyone that thinks Bobby actually gives two fucks about an ugly fucking faggot with tits is fucking dumb.

OUTSIDE OF THAT - Diablo 4 did add dodge this time around. Which in itself is an ability, just not in the traditional sense until you have a legendary that interacts with it or select the passive that does. For example, the Rogue has a Legendary that gives you two charges of Dodge with another legendary that throws out blades when you dodge. Sorcerer has the teleport passive which turns dodge into a short cool down teleport option as your dodge. Which then inherently takes on all the passives and the damage that you have set up for Teleport.

There are certain builds that are far better than others, but we're really pissing in the wind here when we're comparing how strong they are at level 25. Especially when we didnt have the full gambit of Legendaries to pull from, or the dungeon only aspects.

As far as POE goes - Ive tried it at least half a dozen fucking times. Always because someone on here is saying up and down how great it is. The most recent time I got the furthest in it. Its just so god damn boring and convoluted. There is an absolute fuck ton of just straight garbage to look through in that game. Items that could be a fucking jack pot item but if you're not well studied within the game, you might melt that shit down. There is just far too much going on in Path of Exiles and you cant just go along with the flow in that game because you will run into a fucking brick wall.

In reality - we all just want something fucking new and I already know Im going to see most of you playing the fucking game eventually.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I am not tracking. Are you saying POE has more class diversity and sub class builds available as a result of all the choices and Diablo historically gave you much less to work with? If that is the case, yes very true. It's also why it was so popular. (PoE)

The thing is I never tracked PoE balance issues. Blizzard now does it for a reason other than simplicity. They do it because they do not have the talent to track and balance all the possibilities under the vein of simplicity. Although I would love to see what would happen with the live team over in Irvine if they were forced to get off their ass and think things through. Their tiny little brains would implode which would then quickly derail into some sort of "Working conditions suck here" scapegoat, draw up some bullshit working condition need for a union, all so they can sit on their ass and even be more useless than they already are.
What's funny is you're probably complete shit at video games and need things to be dumbed down even more than what you think Blizzard does.

With that said I can absolutely say that PoE is unquestionably the most overrated game of all time. I've played it and it's simply hot garbage. It's a fucking Jackson Pollock painting. Just shit thrown around randomly and incoherently and it's somehow considered a work of art because a bunch of retards who love the smell of their own farts want to sit on a high horse of self proclaimed sophistication, say it is.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida

Tell that to harvest, aura stackers, reach of the council, vaal pact, molten strike, etc. Hell the biggest meme in PoE is if they release a new MTX for a skill it is going to be nerfed soon so you have to buy the next new MTX. Don't get me started on how one of the classes is a total waste of time (Scion).

PoE doesn't balance anything because their solution is make something that is obviously brokenly overpowered then nerf it into oblivion so you dont even pick up the item off the ground anymore. Whats the best map clearing build atm? Its Spark. What's the second best? who knows or cares everyone is going to play spark. What just got a new MTX? Spark. Such balance much wow.

Look I am not saying PoE sucks or D4 is the savior (I dont actually believe that anyways), but what they showed worked. And if the paragon board works and the endgame loop works and there are a few builds per class then it will be extremely popular

• 3Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What's funny is you're probably complete shit at video games and need things to be dumbed down even more than what you think Blizzard does.

You are usually right about me sucking at video games. I got old. I managed to pull off platinum on Elden Ring though. It's my claim to fame as I hobble my old ass to the liquor store for drunk gaming weekend once a month.

Doesn't change the fact you are about to suck a dick right around June 17th (Would be June 10th but server issues will delay the inevitable Aha moment) of what will most likely be the last gasp of breath out of Blizzard.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And if the paragon board works

Bingo. I was hoping someone would figure it out.

I'll clue you in. It's on it's 5th iteration of design with two and a half months to go, isn't tested, and the 5th redesign is about 15% complete. You think meeting for 5 months about how a door should interact with a player is Blizzard Bad, multiply that stupidity by 70. This in tandum with they barely scratched the surface with Act 6 and the epilogue - and crying babies about to be pushed into crunch caused by their own ineptitude.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida

I'll clue you in. It's on it's 5th iteration of design with two and a half months to go, isn't tested, and the 5th redesign is about 15% complete. You think meeting for 5 months about how a door should interact with a player is Blizzard Bad, multiply that stupidity by 70.

Then thats too bad, and why I dont preorder games anymore. But I am willing to give it a chance and watch a streamer give it a go (probably Steelmage since he isnt overly negative, nor a sperg, and can really tell when he hates something)

• 1Like

Daidraco

I'll clue you in. It's on it's 5th iteration of design with two and a half months to go, isn't tested, and the 5th redesign is about 15% complete. You think meeting for 5 months about how a door should interact with a player is Blizzard Bad, multiply that stupidity by 70. This in tandum with they barely scratched the surface with Act 6 and the epilogue - and crying babies about to be pushed into crunch caused by their own ineptitude.
Wait, were the guys that left Blizzard the crying babies or were they fired because of the crying babies? I feel like those two's creation is what we're seeing in the game right now. Not the people that have filled in the gaps since they left. I also cant remember who wanted to change the bitch that got raped story line or w/e.

Im curious.. But I really dont give a shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Then thats too bad, and why I dont preorder games anymore. But I am willing to give it a chance and watch a streamer give it a go (probably Steelmage since he isnt overly negative, nor a sperg, and can really tell when he hates something)

It sucks. It's not like I want to go around hoping a game will suck. I was a Diablo fan as much as anyone here. I didn't even mind Diablo 3 for all the playtime I got out of it. Diablo 1 in college (Townkill was hilarious) and obviously Diablo 2. So I totally get it. Especially with a dearth of things to play or lack of quality/good development - which is a direct result of Daidraco Daidraco 's post and why we should care.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Im def holding out on this one till I see the complete product. Showing us first 25 levels of 1/2 the classes, and already one feels like shit (barb) compared to the other 2 is already a red flag.

Weve all been duped by tons of games polishing up the first few levels of game to showcase it in betas and what have you, but then you get the finished product and the other 1/2 of the game is a skeleton if not downright broken and barren. Not saying that this will be the case here, but this is why I will wait.

D3 was the same shit if you remember back. People touting it as GOTY based on the limited beta, then the whole game hit and oh how quickly all that unraveled. Then it took another team a year to fix it.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wait, were the guys that left Blizzard the crying babies or were they fired because of the crying babies? I feel like those two's creation is what we're seeing in the game right now. Not the people that have filled in the gaps since they left. I also cant remember who wanted to change the bitch that got raped story line or w/e.

Im curious.. But I really dont give a shit.

The good people at Blizz left on their own accord. (Happens all the time, nothing new) but it was a direct result of the diversity hires and lack of talent which impeded their jobs to create fun, and just as importantly, get shit done. It's hitting the tech industry the hardest because tech can be complex and it takes a drive/skillset to learn. I cannot even imagine what this industry will look like in 10 years when the people that actually know what the fuck they are doing, retire. There is literally ZERO backfill for this talent as it doesn't exist. MusicForFish MusicForFish and I were just talking about this last night while running a few gambits. Christ look at what it is already doing.

You have what, 70 spokes on a bicycle wheel. When 60 of them suck, the other 10 give out and move to do what they enjoy somewhere else without the bullshit. In this case, the entire fucking machine broke down. Mind you, I am not talking about the scandal stuff. The fallout after wasn't even related to that. Notice how the folks that were picketing are still there - still doing nothing of worth or value to create a bunch of noise to distract everyone else to buy another 1 year of employment. I mean it's always been pretty bad from milestone perspectives in design because rather than actually work on development, the first year and a half out of pre-production is spent playing fucking ping pong or getting all giddy about not having to throw in a quarter to play dig dug for 4 hours a day resulting in the very crunch they created (And then have the audacity to bitch about) to begin with - but these people have brought a whole new level of ineptitude.

You'll see the end result 1-2 weeks after launch.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Im def holding out on this one till I see the complete product. Showing us first 25 levels of 1/2 the classes, and already one feels like shit (barb) compared to the other 2 is already a red flag.

Weve all been duped by tons of games polishing up the first few levels of game to showcase it in betas and what have you, but then you get the finished product and the other 1/2 of the game is a skeleton if not downright broken and barren. Not saying that this will be the case here, but this is why I will wait.

D3 was the same shit if you remember back. People touting it as GOTY based on the limited beta, then the whole game hit and oh how quickly all that unraveled. Then it took another team a year to fix it.
The D3 beta sucked, this did not.

• 3Solidarity

Daidraco

The good people at Blizz left on their own accord. (Happens all the time, nothing new) but it was a direct result of the diversity hires and lack of talent which impeded their jobs to create fun, and just as importantly, get shit done.

You have what, 70 spokes on a bicycle wheel. When 60 of them suck, the other 10 give out and move to do what they enjoy somewhere else without the bullshit. In this case, the entire fucking machine broke down. Mind you, I am not talking about the scandal stuff. The fallout after wasn't even related to that. Notice how the folks that were picketing are still there - still doing nothing of worth or value to create a bunch of noise to distract everyone else to buy another 1 year of employment. I mean it's always been pretty bad from milestone perspectives in design because rather than actually work on development, the first year and a half out of pre-production is spent playing fucking ping pong or not having to throw in a quarter to play dig dug for 4 hours a day resulting in the very crunch they created to begin with - but these people have brought a whole new level of ineptitude.

You'll see the end result 1-2 weeks after launch.
This is only some of what I was talking about, but it is related.

The Washington Post article.
Employees said the culture of the Diablo team was shaped at the top and that team leaders had trouble making decisions and standing by them throughout development. They described, in some cases, a siloed culture where it was hard to know what other people were experiencing.
“Diablo IV” initially began development over five years ago. Under the leadership of director Luis Barriga alongside lead designer Jesse McCree, employees described a sense of inertia as large parts of the game would be worked on and then revamped and decisions stalled out. A battle royale mode for the game was discarded early on. McCree and Barriga did not respond to a request for comment.
Some employees attribute delays to McCree, who they say had a tendency to micromanage and a scattered approach to development. McCree would grow intrigued by different aspects of the game and then lose interest and hand it off to other people without finishing what he started. Employees said once McCree was fired in the wake of the companywide lawsuit, after the initial shock to the team, they reverted some of the changes he had requested.

“You could tell that they [McCree and Barriga] weren’t very confident, there wasn’t a lot of vision for the game,” said a former Blizzard employee. “They were changing their minds a lot, sometimes without even giving things a fair shot, like over the weekend. This started to really slowly start to burn people out.”
Before the covid-19 pandemic, there was a weekly beer share on Fridays run by McCree for the team to socialize. But several former employees said only beer drinkers, and specifically those bringing the right kinds of beers, were comfortable attending.

Just by that beer paragraph on the end there, I could tell exactly what McCree and Barriga were dealing with. The very same people you're talking about that ultimately left the company after those two "moved on." Or perhaps the opposite, those that werent fucking faggots and aligned with McCree. Jesse McCree was part of the lawsuit, which puts him squarely in the "I have testosterone" field imo. The type of guys that would ultimately take a bad rap when the fucking Washington Post is asking the low-T boys how they did. Ive been at my fair share of projects where you're trying to implement or change something that will ultimately work better and after struggling trying to get some low IQ fucking retard to understand it for a fucking week, month, half a year, you finally just give up on the idea because it eats up too much fucking time. Time which ultimately should have only taken a fraction of the time they used.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

The whole "barb is shit" angle is massively overblown. Yes barb struggles a bit more than sorc for the first 15 levels but that's legit like 2 hours at most and probably only amounts to like 5-10 minutes of lost time overall. Once you get a little higher level and especially at 25 barb completely shits on everything just as hard if not harder than a sorc.

Barb can kill butcher (which is considered to be the hardest soloable boss in the game) more effortlessly than any other class pretty much. Like I said in an earlier post, barb being shit is almost entirely a skill issue. The only annoying part is dealing with ranged mobs but they eventually get ways to deal with this.

I mean there are definitely issues with the game on multiple fronts but it's honestly pretty solid and has the potential to be very good. Will that potential be fully realized? Most likely no but it's IMO easily worth a play thru especially if you like Diablo or ARPG's in general.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

The whole "barb is shit" angle is massively overblown. Yes barb struggles a bit more than sorc for the first 15 levels but that's legit like 2 hours at most and probably only amounts to like 5 minutes of lost time overall. Once you get a little higher level and especially at 25 barb completely shits on everything just as hard if not harder than a sorc.

Barb can kill butcher (which is considered to be the hardest soloable boss in the game) more effortlessly than any other class pretty much. Like I said in an earlier post, barb being shit is almost entirely a skill issue. The only annoying part is dealing with ranged mobs but they eventually get ways to deal with this.

I mean there are definitely issues with the game on multiple fronts but it's honestly pretty solid and has the potential to be very good. Will that potential be fully realized? Most likely no but it's IMO easily worth a play thru especially if you like D4 or ARPG's in general.
I saw your Barb build yesterday before you logged. You put some fucking chonky effort into his ass. Its likely the same issue that Sorcerer has with a Fire Build. You just start extremely weak until you get around to actually gearing them. I have a theory that the Barbarian has had a balance pass and used as a baseline for changes. Changes which the other classes ultimately need, so they push people to play them in spurts so they can get a lot of data quickly and decide how and what they want to change about them. Sort of like a placebo group vs the drugged group.

What I was subconsciously doing while playing was looking for ways in which theyre going to monetize the game. Where my real concern with it lies. The Wardrobe is going to be just God awful in retail, Im sure. You can see where you can save outfits and you already have a limited number there, so we can expect more to cost something. The colors on the bottom are definitely going to be some Warframe type shit where you buy color palettes. We'll probably lose most of the options and have them sold instead. Colors are a no brainer. The outfit spots could get sketchy.

Another side of it, is how P2W are the season passes going to be? I noticed the "Reset Dungeon" button was up front and center. Are we going to have limited dungeon runs? Are we going to get something that allows us to reset them more than once a day? What about the World Boss thats time gated? They drop the mat needed for a socket - are they going to sell that crafting mat to make sockets, too? Things that will ultimately make me think long and hard whether I should buy it or not.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just by that beer paragraph on the end there, I could tell exactly what McCree and Barriga were dealing with. The very same people you're talking about that ultimately left the company after those two "moved on." Or perhaps the opposite, those that werent fucking faggots and aligned with McCree. Jesse McCree was part of the lawsuit, which puts him squarely in the "I have testosterone" field imo. The type of guys that would ultimately take a bad rap when the fucking Washington Post is asking the low-T boys how they did. Ive been at my fair share of projects where you're trying to implement or change something that will ultimately work better and after struggling trying to get some low IQ fucking retard to understand it for a fucking week, month, half a year, you finally just give up on the idea because it eats up too much fucking time. Time which ultimately should have only taken a fraction of the time they used.

Bingo again.

And I get your other post too. I am not actively trying to shit up a game thread. Shit, I have been in love with video games since I picked up a pong paddle at my buddies house in 1978 wondering how cool it was to control something on the screen. I am sure you have those memories too. Then if you are like me you started programming text adventures in Basic on an Apple 2. Remember that stuff?

10 Print "You are in a dark cavern and you hear a grumbling noise from the corner. There is just enough light to flail your sword in the general direction. Do you 'fight' or do you 'flee'?"
20 Input A$
30 If A$="fight" goto 50
40 Goto 100
50 Print "You manage to hit something as it cowls in terror and flees opening up a new passageway the unindentified being was blocking"
100 Print "You tripped over a rock running away like a little bitch. The end"

And with the people of this forum, even retards like Lumi Lumi , every single one of us wants great games to play. Shit right now most of us would even settle for mediocre. But the very thing you just wrote is exactly why it's in a spiral to the point it actually may not recover this time. And the only hope I have is seeing some of the massive course corrections tech companies are at least trying to make. Unfortunately, the game industry will be last since it has been fully infiltrated with this bullshit mindset. And then where does that leave us? We'd have to go back outside? Fuck that shit :p I have to go on hiking trips with my wife enough during the summers. That's her deal. Mine is sitting myself down on a couch and getting lost in a fun world to take my mind off the very course trajectory they are now forcing in it.

Warcraft Orcs and Humans - Tides of Darkness and LAN parties - taking a break to play a quick 9 hour game of Axis and Allies with some pizza thrown in there - we are all at one point or another ready to buy anything that had the Blizzard name. Look at what the fuck happened.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How much do they need to monetize a game where most people are going to be paying 89.99 for it? lol.

I doubt there will be much outside of the season passes and some mounts and other garbage.

• 1Like