Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It gives off vibes like its going to be forgotten in a few months.

Say it with me....

"SEASON PASS"

They are gunna do what we all said would happen when DLC and Micro-transactions were added decades ago, withhold content for Paid Updates.

The game is a good game but, I dunno who said it a while ago, in 2-3 months we will see how deep their dick tickles us as they fuck us in the wallet.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Say it with me....

"SEASON PASS"

They are gunna do what we all said would happen when DLC and Micro-transactions were added decades ago, withhold content for Paid Updates.

The game is a good game but, I dunno who said it a while ago, in 2-3 months we will see how deep their dick tickles us as they fuck us in the wallet.

They only fuck you in the wallet if you let them. If I pay 70 bucks and get 20 hours out of this or more(which so far looks like I can easily) and then I never play again, so be it. It's on them, not me. Too many options around to play something you are not enjoying.

I am pretty sure mounts were only added so its something they can put in the store to charge $25 for a pretty one. Just means its ugly mount for me forever.

• 1Cringe

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Servers seem to be buckling. Serverside lag is tremendous.
Whose gonna tell Blizz devops teams their Jenkins scripts aren't deploying cause github rotated their ssh keys

Screenshot_20230324_164702_Chrome.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They only fuck you in the wallet if you let them. If I pay 70 bucks and get 20 hours out of this or more(which so far looks like I can easily) and then I never play again, so be it. It's on them, not me. Too many options around to play something you are not enjoying.

I am pretty sure mounts were only added so its something they can put in the store to charge $25 for a pretty one. Just means its ugly mount for me forever.
Yeah between the two weekends I easily have 25 hours++ and that's to lvl 25 and Act 1. I reckon you'll get 50+ easily for price of admission.

Some thoughts on classes (have all at 15-25 now). In terms of fun to me, Druid > Necro = Rogue > Sorc >> Barb. Barbarian is just so rote and mundane at this point in the leveling process. Not sure what to main yet, would really like access to all class quest unlocks but I reckon I'll roll Druid to start. Feels so good as melee+summons+poisons+leach.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So if you get disconnected, don't bother hitting the START button and expecting it to work, you have to exit and requeue? You'll never be able to log back in from a DC without a requeue?

That's what I gathered from last beta weekend.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait does this entire game just fully level scale like I'm seeing? Where every area is just always your level?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Wait does this entire game just fully level scale like I'm seeing? Where every area is just always your level?
Indeed

There is one area, that is a conquest, that is always level 30+ after you clear the conquest. There is also a single named to the far east that is 35, and drops 400+ power weapons that can be equipped by level 25 players, although most of his look is 28+.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Same system as Immortal save for the changes in difficulty tiers later, Nightmare et al.

• 1Double Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Isn't that like, entirely antithetical to the very idea of an ARPG/loot grinder lmao

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
316719 is a requeue. Sucks, I had one earlier.

At least it's a 20 minute queue now instead of the 40 minutes during the time of release earlier.

Seems Blizzard is keeping up as we draw closer to primetime. If they sustain a 15-20 minute queue through the night I'll be very impressed.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I can only pray they dont put in the item upgrade aspects of that game at all.
I'm waiting to see how much of that fuckery they put into the end game, given what lost ark and immoral I mean immortal did I would expect something there, even if you "paid for the game in full" already.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean the level scaling thing is probably just stuff 1-100, I assume after 100 you start to actually scale your power past breakpoints. Its basically adventure mode in D3 which wasn't a bad concept and a lot better then the leveling experience in POE.

Downloading now I should be able to properly shit on this game soon enough.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Druid is pretty fun. Werewolf is a nice melee DPS that is substantially less squishy than Barbarian. Earth is basically an Earthbender from Avatar and I'm absolutely okay with this..

• 1Faggotry

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean the level scaling thing is probably just stuff 1-100, I assume after 100 you start to actually scale your power past breakpoints. Its basically adventure mode in D3 which wasn't a bad concept and a lot better then the leveling experience in POE.

Downloading now I should be able to properly shit on this game soon enough.

I think the atmosphere and graphics, provided you can run on medium or high, will surprise you.

The streams didn't really do it justice. I was pissing on the game based on the streams myself.

Once you get your hands on it it's a different experience. The story definitely is pulling me in from a dark horror standpoint so far, hopefully that carries through.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I guess maybe I'm just not jaded enough? I never thought a million years they would do this to Diablo, even current year Blizzard.

Like it breaks the entire core of the game. I'm sitting here dicking with this and I can just reset the very first event in the game over and over and gain just as much xp/item progression as I would doing any of the dungeons, or content located "further" in to the game. There's no power fantasy possible in a system like this, and all your character progression is bordering on just being false? Like there's no goal to reach, or breakpoint I need to hit to clear difficult areas or mobs, because all areas and mobs are always equally powerful.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users