Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The punishment for running on high settings can be devastating. Like Lumi Lumi said earlier you probably don't want to bother trying with that.

I missed 50% of a pretty riveting in-game cutscene from hitching. It really ruined the experience. Keep it low or medium.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think the atmosphere and graphics, provided you can run on medium or high, will surprise you.

The streams didn't really do it justice. I was pissing on the game based on the streams myself.

Once you get your hands on it it's a different experience. The story definitely is pulling me in from a dark horror standpoint so far, hopefully that carries through.

Spoiler Alert:

At the end Lilith is Satan and referred to as a "They" pronoun.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Turned graphs to medium, hitching completely stopped.

The level scaling shit might be a deal breaker if i'm being honest. That's a pretty big no no for me, and i'm kinda sad cause i love what i'm seeing otherwise.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Leveling has never been a challenge in any ARPG so the scaling is whatever. You run around 1 shotting everything higher/lower/equal to your level if you gear/build correctly so what difference does it make?

Getting to 100 and then doing whatever end game loop is the only thing that will matter once the new game smell wears off.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I guess maybe I'm just not jaded enough? I never thought a million years they would do this to Diablo, even current year Blizzard.

Like it breaks the entire core of the game. I'm sitting here dicking with this and I can just reset the very first event in the game over and over and gain just as much xp/item progression as I would doing any of the dungeons, or content located "further" in to the game. There's no power fantasy possible in a system like this, and all your character progression is bordering on just being false? Like there's no goal to reach, or breakpoint I need to hit to clear difficult areas or mobs, because all areas and mobs are always equally powerful.

Pretty much how D3 was after RoS released. You didn't have to do any of the story do do any content, most of the "Content" was spamming seasons and rifting as much as you could.

If this game releases with the D3 business model, I'd be thrilled..

things that are questions to me still:

Are seasons going to ultra fuck those NOT subbed?

Are they going to vault content?

It all rolls into:

They only fuck you in the wallet if you let them. If I pay 70 bucks and get 20 hours out of this

If they were fully transparent I wouldn't have an issue. They gotta hide as much shit they wanna shove in til the end as possible so people have their orders in and can't / don't want to back out.

I am 100% okay with companies going "hey, this is our game, it's 50 USD, doesn't have online EVER and no mods, just this" okay cool, clearly stated. Stardew Valley did this, Terraria did this, minecraft did this...all massively more popular than anyone thought possible. Talking about transparency, not feature set.

The reason these big companies don't do this is they want to do market testing.

BIG data dump, watch pre-orders.

BIG monetization dump, watch pre-orders.

BIG pile of shit on their consumers chest, watch pre-orders.

back off off big pile of shit on their chest.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The level scaling shit might be a deal breaker if i'm being honest. That's a pretty big no no for me, and i'm kinda sad cause i love what i'm seeing otherwise.

Diablo 3 basically had the same thing iirc. When you entered a zone, all the mobs went to your current level. Now if it was a big map and in the intial leveling you could out level the mobs a lot, but soon as you zoned into a new level of that map, or a new area, all the mobs scaled to your level.

It really doesn't matter in an ARPG. You're not going back to farm low level mobs for a specific drop like you do in MMOs and you just want to power through the mobs. If this anything like previous diablos, once you reach end game and the gear, you plow through everything anyway.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe the level scaling caps? Grim Dawn had level scaling but it capped, so you could do the first act to like level 18 or something and it stopped scaling with you and greyed out.

If it doesn’t in D4, that’s pretty fucking lulzy

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

I agree that it kinda blows and I'm not a fan but at the same time it definitely makes leveling and gearing quicker cuz everything you're killing is always relevant. Also, some areas do not scale like for instance stronghold levels will have a minimum level so if you go to one at like 15 and it's a 25 level area the mobs will be 25 and a lot harder.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
A lot (all? not sure) of the open world named mobs are set level. Randomly running into named mob lvl 30 without paying attention is a great way to die quickly. I'm really enjoying this, sue me (disconnect/beta stress test bullshit aside).

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This story is good so far, but I really hope you dont have to do it on every character or leveling 2ndary characters is quicker.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Shield sexy af, me like

Capture.PNG

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Made a discord channel for Dibbles 4 for any fags playing it.. Might hop on in an hour if I can beat the queue boss. So far because I have to wait to play I rate this game fake and gay out of 5.

Utnayan Utnayan - I was told you were drunk and rambling? Is this true?

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Three disconnects today in the past 5hrs, not bad. Queue has been around 35m each time.

Female Necro is a tranny. Blizz needs to get over their horrendous fear of tiddies.

As for the Necro class. I think it'll only be fun for me when we see the Paragon stuff and Legendary effects. My best memory of Diablo was playing a D3:RoS Necro when bone armor could proc gem that cast smite or something... more often than intended. It was fun though! I don't see anyway to have curses become auras, or bone armor that you can keep going all the time.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Three disconnects today in the past 5hrs, not bad. Queue has been around 35m each time.

Female Necro is a tranny. Blizz needs to get over their horrendous fear of tiddies.

As for the Necro class. I think it'll only be fun for me when we see the Paragon stuff and Legendary effects. My best memory of Diablo was playing a D3:RoS Necro when bone armor could proc gem that cast smite or something... more often than intended. It was fun though! I don't see anyway to have curses become auras, or bone armor that you can keep going all the time.

I thought I saw something later in tree that gave you swirling bone armor around you and your golem? Maybe I read it wrong? But yeah I like lazy builds too, passive things you have going and then proc shit, or abilities you can just hold down and move(spin to win).

Not in game atm, had to stop to actually eat something today :p

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
The copium on reddit is great. Hilarious takes on how they're gonna fix the balance, dungeons, bosses. Because it only beta and act 1 and level 25. It's all gonna be fine. Morons. Blizzard aint gonna fix shit. The game is essentially done. Beta is just for game breaking stuff, money grab and testing server stability.

This guy gets it... no way a game this close is changing ANYTHING lmao...