Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also I'm playing kbm, but jumped on my zwift and played 50 minutes with controller on pc and it plays great w/ controller. Definitely prefer kbm, but playable for sure

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
But yeah necro is hilariously stronger than everything I’ve tried up to now. Rolling a Druid now.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Wait does this entire game just fully level scale like I'm seeing? Where every area is just always your level?
Yes, sadly. Kripp has been the only one "raging" about how shit that is. Yea yeah, it'll stop leveling you down in power at 100, but it's pretty retarded overall.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Oh ya, the game apparently doesn't like my 2070. Everything was going smooth til I got to the first little dungeon, then my game started stuttering pretty bad, reached over and felt the top of my pc and it was pretty warm so I turned the graphic preset from high to medium, got better for a couple minutes then started doing it again so I switched it to low and finished out the dungeon and the cutscene event afterwards and that's where I had to end it so I dunno if it got better on low or not.

Might just be you. It's fine on my 2070.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Corpse explosion having zero casting cost and no cooldown whatsoever is so fucking dumb lol. So insanely broken.
I am hoping that there is a paragon skill or an item that allows exploded corpses to explode other corpses.

Only lvl18 on Necro, was playing on the PS5 for a bit. Cross save is active. Found a cool 1h legendary that buffed Decompose to hit 3 targets, with the Slow perk and +dmg to Slowed targets, its melts mobs pretty well for a Builder, plus it procs corpses to use with CE.

Cinge Cinge That skill lasts only 10sec, but with a cooldown of like 55s. Unless I read it wrong.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I guess maybe I'm just not jaded enough? I never thought a million years they would do this to Diablo, even current year Blizzard.

Like it breaks the entire core of the game. I'm sitting here dicking with this and I can just reset the very first event in the game over and over and gain just as much xp/item progression as I would doing any of the dungeons, or content located "further" in to the game. There's no power fantasy possible in a system like this, and all your character progression is bordering on just being false? Like there's no goal to reach, or breakpoint I need to hit to clear difficult areas or mobs, because all areas and mobs are always equally powerful.
Yeah you actually get noticeably weaker on level up. Kripp has been chain grinding levels in a dungeon. He went from one shotting rares with his cooldown dps skill to not even notching the hp bar on normal mobs after dumping all the level up skill points into the skill. And this is with generally getting the best chances for good gear (dungeons)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only stuttering I've seen is what I assume to be loading in stuff, since it only happens in towns or accessing a new region.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
There's a chance it was just server lag or something and not related to my pc, will find out for sure tomorrow with the updated drivers and a bit more playtime.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I am hoping that there is a paragon skill or an item that allows exploded corpses to explode other corpses.
There's literally no need for this at all other than to save you from having to press corpse explode a couple more times. As soon as I see a pack, I either throw blight or I just reap to spawn a corpse and then I spam corpse explode and everything just chain dies. Basically as soon as I CE one thing, it's like the 4th of fucking July on my screen and everything dies in half a second. It's actually retarded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Gonna try a druid.

i did necro, but mostly pet build. skellies, then mages, and all the passives for it. Super tanky, dont think I ever used more then 1 charge of health pot. I think the only area that was "slow" was the final boss of act 1, where entire area is filled with blood and you have to hide under the bubble to avoid the damage. All my pets just sat in that shit dying. And against a boss I only had the talent that was like 10% chance to spawn a corpse when hitting a boss.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Be warned that the main class mechanic/feature of Druid doesn't exist in this, so it's gonna be really, really bare bones without that. Some of the skills are sweet but there's no cohesion between any of it and I gave up without being able to access the class advancement stuff

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot to unpack in this post

How is it? The game was so badly balanced not even RMT made rhe "endgame" playable.

D4 will have shit servers for as long as it is popular, and will have massive rmt the first few months after launch.

Wtb godlike fungi of kings

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Boy it sure is...dark in this character select screen

tempsnip.png

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Supposidly Necro starts to slow down midgame and struggles a bit compared to many of the classes at endgame.

Didn’t get to play too much but beta so far seems fine. Out of all the 3 main games in the series so far it feels closest to the original to me, which for me is a good thing. It seems like a lot of people with the “this doesn’t feel like Diablo” complaint want it to be closer to D2 or D3 and never played the original.

BSoD immediately after helping some wench save her caravan. I should have let the whore be eaten.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They will rebalance shit over and over trying to make each class have its time in the sunshine.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait hold the fuck up.

My druid has melee splash on all his weapon attacks, even just the default attack - as in he can hit multiple enemies at once if they are close enough.

How in the fuck does barbarian not get this? I have to goddamn namelock individual enemies with every basic attack i get

• 1Rustled

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Supposidly Necro starts to slow down midgame and struggles a bit compared to many of the classes at endgame.

Who said this? Not denying its probably true, but is there an NDA source?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Wait hold the fuck up.

My druid has melee splash on all his weapon attacks, even just the default attack - as in he can hit multiple enemies at once if they are close enough.

How in the fuck does barbarian not get this? I have to goddamn namelock individual enemies with every basic attack i get
Ya I thought that shit was pretty fucking dumb too, especially when you're using a 2hander with those skills.