Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Path of Exile.

D3 plays nicer which is disappointing.

d3 plays nicer once capped and in final gear. The leveling and gearing up to that point? Is just as painful and slow(combat wise, thankfully the pace of leveling is quick as fuck in that game and you are done in 1-3 hours). Will have to see how this one does once you are at the end game loops stage.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The same time this forum turned into a bunch of edgelords that can't stand to see other people have fun in something they dislike. You hate it, move the fuck on already for those who enjoyed it. Grow the fuck up.

When playing a beta for yourself, having fun and deciding to buy said game for what it is atm(with no delusions on what it might become after), some how turns into "copium"(the new buzzword), or some fanboy circle jerk.
I actually like the game.

Stop being so sensitive. You're turning into a reddit poster. The great thing about this forum is we can come here to shit on things objectively. Blizzard lost a lot of good will, a lot of people remain skeptical and rightfully so. I'm not going to let a few good hours kill my skepticism for this shit company. Even if you got rid of all the blue hairs they're still corpo #1 game company.

So please, keep posting what you like about the game. Keep having fun. But don't whine when people come here shitting on the game for whatever reason they have. Or at least don't whine and expect to not get made fun of.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hell I remember buying Final Fantasy 3 for SNES in Canada in 1993 and it was like $90 CDN
Yep. Walked into WalMart in high school and was happily surprised to see FF3 was there. $79.99 before tax which was a shit load of money to me as a high schooler in the 90’s. In today’s money that’s like $150+. I don’t get the complaints about $70 games these days either.

Edit: to not derail; beta was fun. Barb sucked and was boring so I restarted at level 10 and went necro. So much more fun. Game is pretty and feels like Diablo, but for whatever reason it isn’t grabbing me. Guess I’m just getting old or something

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don’t get the complaints about $70 games these days either.

It's about the opportunity cost. There's never been more shit competing for your time and your money than right now and Blizzard wants a you to pony up quite a bit of both. That's a big ask.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
They have to do something for barb and druid for the start. Maybe not so much barb as I hear it gets much smoother and quicker later(Even in the beta). But druid just felt bad the whole way(I tried werefolf, storm and wind versions). Necro felt broken, as my pets tanked and killed everything as I spammed my 3 bone spikes across the screen and barely used resources or more then 1 charge of health pot. Sorc felt more squishy but the dps was there at least. I didn't try rogue.

Otherwise I feel like release is just going to be all the ranged classes.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I was liking the story before I got to the asian girl. Suddenly all the writers lost what was left of nuance and just went retarded.

Can writers just take a step back and NOT directly state what their characters are feeling / desiring? Having every character do that just feels dumb.

The iron maiden was a nice plot touch though, really cements in your mind that both sides are insane though.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yep. Walked into WalMart in high school and was happily surprised to see FF3 was there. $79.99 before tax which was a shit load of money to me as a high schooler in the 90’s. In today’s money that’s like $150+. I don’t get the complaints about $70 games these days either.

Edit: to not derail; beta was fun. Barb sucked and was boring so I restarted at level 10 and went necro. So much more fun. Game is pretty and feels like Diablo, but for whatever reason it isn’t grabbing me. Guess I’m just getting old or something
There were only a couple games that tested higher prices in the 90s. It wasn’t everything, or even most things. What did you pay for FF2? FF7?

They can go ahead and charge whatever now. Don’t care, not buying at release and won’t pay full price if I ever do buy it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Tech is naturally deflationary anyway. The computers we're rocking today would be priceless in 1995 and small wars would be worth fighting over some of our phones.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They have to do something for barb and druid for the start. Maybe not so much barb as I hear it gets much smoother and quicker later(Even in the beta). But druid just felt bad the whole way(I tried werefolf, storm and wind versions). Necro felt broken, as my pets tanked and killed everything as I spammed my 3 bone spikes across the screen and barely used resources or more then 1 charge of health pot. Sorc felt more squishy but the dps was there at least. I didn't try rogue.

Otherwise I feel like release is just going to be all the ranged classes.

Asmongold was just dogpiled today for saying exactly as much, except he made it clear its a general melee problem. Druid sucks like this, barb sucks like that arguments aren't necessary. "Do this for Barb to make it suck less, do this for Druid". No. No hairs split.

This game has a melee problem. It's not class-specific. It's a melee issue. Whether that resolves with X Y Z build or what doohickeys you slap on your character is completely irrelevant. There is a problem with melee leaning toward fairly unfun to play. As Asmon said "It gets better later" from random chatters who don't have a clue isn't an excuse for poor gameplay in Act 1. Hopefully Blizzard is paying attention and tunes melee overall. I know rogue has some builds that are moderately fun and balanced, before anyone tries to dive in and use an exception to the general rule of melee in this game.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm just a spectator but watching people hop around testing the it looks like Barbarian and Druid are from an entirely different game. It's legit brutal watching Kripp swap from Necro or Sorc to Druid. Signing up to clear at 1/5th of the speed just can't be the play in an ARPG.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking lol, game is using 20gb VRAM. What is happening...
Someone there doesn't know what the hell they're doing when it comes to RAM and VRAM. The game doesn't even give the option to set textures to High unless you have 32GB of RAM (even if you have a 24GB GPU, according to some reddit posts I saw). And if you do have 32GB RAM it will happily gobble up almost all of that too.

Best of all, the difference in image quality is damn near imperceptible when you do jump through their hoops to turn on the High textures you wasted an extra 40GB downloading.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
d3 plays nicer once capped and in final gear. The leveling and gearing up to that point? Is just as painful and slow(combat wise, thankfully the pace of leveling is quick as fuck in that game and you are done in 1-3 hours). Will have to see how this one does once you are at the end game loops stage.

I dunno. I for one like being able to town portal and being able to move in about 1-2 seconds. I have an absolute unit of a computer and I'm still waiting like 7-10 seconds from hitting town portal until being able to move.

The load times in D4 are kinda long, but the assets seem higher quality so there's that.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Cinge Cinge is a great dude.

With that said this game and the people that made it suck my ass. It’s over. Period. And that shit sucks because all of here give a shit. We are watching the tail end burn as we wish for 1996.

A very cool person told me once. “When the bitching stops. That’s when you worry”.

Bitching has stopped.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Cinge Cinge is a great dude.

With that said this game and the people that made it suck my ass. It’s over. Period. And that shit sucks because all of here give a shit. We are watching the tail end burn as we wish for 1996.

A very cool person told me once. “When the bitching stops. That’s when you worry”.

Bitching has stopped.
Now its too late for drunk posting/blackpilling, awww geez. This is a flagship IP of a multi-billion dollar corp; they aren't going to take too many chances or risks here. Even changes for the better would be criticized if it didn't touch people in the right way like it used to in the old days, so how do you improve the game from D3 while satisfying a die hard fanbase while bettering your position against competitors in the genre but not overly change your positioning within the genre all the while satisfying your publicly traded shareholders desire for return.

Meanwhile, make a good game, you sorry fucks and don't raise the price ever. WHY CANT I LOG IN DURING FREE BETA FUCK BLIZZARD BARB SUCKS BURN THE WHOLE THING DOWN.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
D4 endgame isn't going to turn your character into a Monk or give you the Crusader's horse. D3 just had a lot of mobility skills built into it which was the one thing everyone liked about it vs D2 and Path of Exile.

Diablo Immortal mostly being a D3 port with D4's network features makes it a better game in a lot of ways lmao.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So is the 70 bucks a problem for you?

For a reskinned D3 that comes with more RMT shit for basic features like stash space, it most certainly is.

Will be 15$ or FTP in a few months anyway.

Not even sure why it isn't F2P at launch.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
D4 endgame isn't going to turn your character into a Monk or give you the Crusader's horse. D3 just had a lot of mobility skills built into it which was the one thing everyone liked about it vs D2 and Path of Exile.

Diablo Immortal mostly being a D3 port with D4's network features makes it a better game in a lot of ways lmao.

Still the most balanced classes of all time in an ARPG from a PvP standpoint. There would have been bigger potential for that battle arena/Battleground D4 devs were exploring last year (that was cancelled) if it had the Immortal classes. No class was garbage, everyone was effective. Shame they spent that design on a cash grab. One of the few things they got right was scuttled.

In any case, I have to figure the D4 devs know that D4 has to deliver on a reason to keep coming back in order to be a true successor to D3.

They had to have drawn down and answered that as intelligently and creatively as possible.

The question I have is why isn't anyone allowed to talk about it from closed beta?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Still the most balanced classes of all time in an ARPG from a PvP standpoint. There would have been bigger potential for that battle arena/Battleground D4 devs were exploring last year (that was cancelled) if it had the Immortal classes. No class was garbage, everyone was effective. Shame they spent that design on a cash grab. One of the few things they got right was scuttled.
Yeah all that stuff in Diablo Immortal was amazing. Feels like they produced two games each of which has half of the answer to what this game should be.

If they replace the stupid stumble dodge with class specific movement skills I think it would solve the feel of the game, add a circle to the skill tree with some choices.