Xerge

<Donor>
What a complete dumb as fuck take.

7fvbja.jpg
So is the 70 bucks a problem for you?

Xerge

<Donor>
I don't get this line of reasoning.

We spent way more money on all kinds of technology 20-30 years ago.
Its an exchange of currency for a good a time, what do you not understand? Holy fuck.. this thread is lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What a complete dumb as fuck take.

7fvbja.jpg
Well in this case it certainly does.

None of the alternative games mentioned are in the same universe of production values. If you don't agree you must be some combination of blind/deaf/stupid.

• 3Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the cash shop is going to be the most interesting thing to see come out. The more I play this, the more I can see where theyre using what D3 has as a base line for what they can do and add in the cash shop. "Oh, you have too many aspects pulled? Here, buy this tab!" "Oh, we made it so you need progressively more and more gems? Heres a tab for that!" "Skeletons sure would look nice with this fancy skin" "Want more control over your color palette? Here, look at these options you can buy!"

But outside of that issue - the game is well enough good to play for a couple weeks to a month Im sure.

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm all for you pissing your money away on bullshit. Have fun.

I'm just saying I'm not going to follow suit.
appreciate it, just wanted your support. I dont miind u watchinf while im having a good time

• 1Faggotry

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the cash shop is going to be the most interesting thing to see come out. The more I play this, the more I can see where theyre using what D3 has as a base line for what they can do and add in the cash shop. "Oh, you have too many aspects pulled? Here, buy this tab!" "Oh, we made it so you need progressively more and more gems? Heres a tab for that!" "Skeletons sure would look nice with this fancy skin" "Want more control over your color palette? Here, look at these options you can buy!"

But outside of that issue - the game is well enough good to play for a couple weeks to a month Im sure.
I have absolutely no problem with them putting all the skins in there (at least if they reserve some for seasonal challenges and other cool shit you can get in game). The first hint I get at progression themed shop items I'm booking it and charging my credit card back.

Speaking of credit cards how much WOW gold will you need for 100$ cost?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Scaling is a deal breaker to me. Guildies and i were talking about it tonight, it's so lazy and dumb, that shit sucked in WOW, it sucks in every game it basically was even implemented.
Yep. It obviates the whole point of levels. My character isn't any more powerful at L18 than it was at level 1.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well in this case it certainly does.

None of the alternative games mentioned are in the same universe of production values. If you don't agree you must be some combination of blind/deaf/stupid.

Get the fuck out of here. It has better graphics.... and that is it. The gameplay and systems are basic and copied from other games that cost less than a tenth of what was spent on this average experience. Now, you can still get $70 out of a new game that is a 5 or 6 out of 10; but don't lie through your fucking teeth calling the 'production values' anything other than basic.

• 8Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Get the fuck out of here. It has better graphics.... and that is it. The gameplay and systems are basic and copied from other games that cost less than a tenth of what was spent on this average experience. Now, you can still get $70 out of a new game that is a 5 or 6 out of 10; but don't lie through your fucking teeth calling the 'production values' anything other than basic.
But they twirled ropes on fire in the middle of the desert.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
But they twirled ropes on fire in the middle of the desert.

Stop the fucking presses! Those production values are way better than runewords! You know, those wildly popular thing that they refuse to bring back near its original form even though it is exactly the kind of thing that would spice up seasonal content?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

But is it good enough to return to in the same sense that D3 is today?

The latest season of D3 being very well-recieved by the playerbase.

To some, without that being answered, it's not worth the box price for different classes, graphics, and MMO elements that have yet to bear fruit.

When the new and shiny wears off-- what's really there?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Better graphics is not "it". It has better production values than any other ARPG on the market hands down. Sound, music, animations, voice acting, etc.

To be clear I'm not talking about game systems. I'm simply saying that smashing bad guys looks, sounds, and feels better in Diablo 4 than the indie games mentioned.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're holding the NDA up on closed beta 2 months out from release, while only offering a very small "event" beta to the public.

No true open beta available-- with everything being kept locked behind NDA up until the day it goes live.

Not a confidence booster.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
voice acting,

lol

I prefer the old method of being able to skip inane quest text to this over voice acted shit we get now.

I'm definitely not going to get on board with a claim the voice acting budget helps justify the high price of what feels like a pretty average and derivative game.

Voice acting. lol. They'd have been better off saving the money and scrapping 80% of the pointless shit they felt needed voice acted, including most of the dumb side quests.

So many shit games that the fanboys tried to use the "but the voice acting" argument. If you're bringing up voice acting to defend the game just, like, yikes and oof.

• 3Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better graphics is not "it". It has better production values than any other ARPG on the market hands down. Sound, music, animations, voice acting, etc.

To be clear I'm not talking about game systems. I'm simply saying that smashing bad guys looks, sounds, and feels better in Diablo 4 than the indie games mentioned.
Hi, its me, the POE white knight.

It does not have better voice acting then POE, nor better music that I've heard so far. Of course those are subjective.

I will give controls and combat feel better in D4. Controls are over all more responsive which makes combat feel much smoother and visual clarity is nice, but visual clarity is basically non existent in POE. However we'll see how good visual clarity is in season 10 of D4 with 30 skill effect xmogs.

Combat sound probably also goes to D4 and fits with the better combat feel and controls. I'd also give ambience sound to D4.

EDIT: just to say the voice acting I've heard in D4 has been pretty damn good though so far.

• 1Like