Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have absolutely no problem with them putting all the skins in there (at least if they reserve some for seasonal challenges and other cool shit you can get in game). The first hint I get at progression themed shop items I'm booking it and charging my credit card back.

Speaking of credit cards how much WOW gold will you need for 100$ cost?

Surely you don't play WoW since that's also a game made and sold and run by that company full of tranny bluehair lefty whackjobs who are the reason d4 is going to be awful, right?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
lol

I prefer the old method of being able to skip inane quest text to this over voice acted shit we get now.

I'm definitely not going to get on board with a claim the voice acting budget helps justify the high price of what feels like a pretty average and derivative game.

Voice acting. lol. They'd have been better off saving the money and scrapping 80% of the pointless shit they felt needed voice acted, including most of the dumb side quests.

So many shit games that the fanboys tried to use the "but the voice acting" argument. If you're bringing up voice acting to defend the game just, like, yikes and oof.

Ya know, I hate voice acting in most games too. That doesn't mean that younger people who didn't grow up back in our days find voice acting as stupid and meaningless as we do. I know a lot of people, some who aren't even really much younger than me, who absolutely love all the voice acting in games. I know it's hard to accept, but you and I aren't the only people in the world that companies are trying to sell games to.

• 1Pathetic

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah all that stuff in Diablo Immortal was amazing. Feels like they produced two games each of which has half of the answer to what this game should be.

If they replace the stupid stumble dodge with class specific movement skills I think it would solve the feel of the game, add a circle to the skill tree with some choices.

Everyone had a way to get on packs and get moving in D3/Immortal. This would address some of the "melee is unfun" complaints as well.

A take often not mentioned here is that D4 is a walking simulator-- in the same way Red Dead Redemption was a horse simulator.

If they reworked that dodge button, and then added class specific base movement abilities not tied to the skill tree, rather innate and tied to their current dodge/stumble mechanic I think that'd take some of the drag out of the game.

Because make no mistake about it, despite all the positive things D4 has going for it, there is a sense of drag compared to previous Diablo games.

Will D4 mounts help address this complaint? Maybe.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have you played the beta? If you read the world tiers it says unique and sacred items can drop on world tier 3. Maybe that's not actually the case, has there been some release saying it's a lie?

Just let closed beta comment on the game and then there wouldn't be any confusion on that.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
As far as the walking simulator stuff, sadly I think that's what they're aiming for with the open world stuff, scaling, and events. It really does feel more like it's trying to be an MMO to me than an ARPG and they need that walking simulation to make the world feel "full and alive" as you see other people and don't interact with them at all.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Everyone had a way to get on packs and get moving in D3/Immortal. This would address some of the "melee is unfun" complaints as well.

A take often not mentioned here is that D4 is a walking simulator-- in the same way Red Dead Redemption was a horse simulator.

If they reworked that dodge button, and then added class specific base movement abilities not tied to the skill tree, rather innate and tied to their current dodge/stumble mechanic I think that'd take some of the drag out of the game.

Because make no mistake about it, despite all the positive things D4 has going for it, there is a sense of drag compared to previous Diablo games.

Will D4 mounts help address this complaint? Maybe.
More waypoints I think would be the way, perhaps allow you to teleport to points of interest like dungeons like in Genshin Impact - would give an incentive to find and complete them. Running past everything on mounts sucks.

But yeah like every Sorc is taking Teleport, just make the dodge button be that and have 2 charges by default.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Whoever made the comment about them making the leave dungeon on the wheel thing more clear, I totally agree. I didn't even realize that was an option, I assumed it was all just emote crap which I don't care about on those wheels. All day yesterday I was running back out the empty dungeons because I thought my other option was just to tp to town and have to run back from there anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did a quest earlier with some side dungeon, and then my brother hopped on and needed to do that quest and it won't let me enter to do it with him, that's kinda lame.

After taking sorc to 13 now today, its definitely stronger than barb. I still don't think barb "feels" bad even after playing something significantly stronger, but I do think that barb should probably get its damage increased significantly. I went arc lash/chain lightning for my first two skills on sorc and even just running around meleeing stuff with arc lash, it hits basically as hard as my barb was with lunge, except it also is aoe, and faster than lunge too. If barb had, say, double the dmg on lunge as it does, then at least there would be some trade-off in that maybe I would 1shot the shielded slightly stronger mobs in exchange for not being able to kill 5 small guys in 1 swipe, but as it stands arc lash kills the slightly tougher ones in the same amount of attacks anyways.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
looks like I'll still be playing that fucking pile of shit PoE for a long time to come. Blizzard had a golden opportunity to steal all the good stuff from PoE (mechanics, systems that players have liked over the years, end game progression) and just add their own visual polish to it and they'd have a fucking winner. But as per usual, they fucked it up. D4 is gonna be at best, a one playthru with a most op class just to see how much end game sucks. Also that 4 day advantage is gonna be hilarious, people are gonna at level cap in 1-2 days and some might even quit before the game officially releases. I have taken more interesting shits than this game. Every class is gonna have 1-2 cookiecutter builds and that's it.

• 4Worf
  • 2Moron
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 9 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All these videos of content creators shitting on Druid are going to lead to it being the most overtuned bullshit on release

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am trying not to log in and just binge the fuck out of every little thing on my necro. I have mild (not so mild, really) OCD that makes me want to go out and do every dungeon and unlock every bit of the map and grab every lilith statue. No... no....... save that shit for retail.

Tried a little bear druid. It sucked. Melee needs to have some built in damage reduction/absorption.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tried levelling another character... thought that I would level by grabbing the Lilith Statues and doing world events/dungeons.

Why have a level scaling open world if you are going to have zones wih minimum levels? Had to go through in story order and also do the story, may as well have a linear layout.

Also following the story again is dogshit, it isn't particularly good and I don't want to see it every time I level... didn't they already solve this in Diablo 3 patches with the bounty system?

I gave up pretty quickly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tried levelling another character... thought that I would level by grabbing the Lilith Statues and doing world events/dungeons.

Why have a level scaling open world if you are going to have zones wih minimum levels? Had to go through in story order and also do the story, may as well have a linear layout.

Also following the story again is dogshit, it isn't particularly good and I don't want to see it every time I level... didn't they already solve this in Diablo 3 patches with the bounty system?

I gave up pretty quickly.
Doesn't that just mean you get to enjoy the voice acting a second time?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here We Go Again GIF

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Juvarisx

Florida
What's actually better in D4 compared to PoE?

Sound desgin, music, graphics, story, the feel of skills that give them weight, being able to sit someone down and say have fun and not have them ask you 10000 questions in the first hour cause it isn't an incomprehensible mess to new players, being able to try out different skills without rerolling a character.

I mean the issue is you are looking at a beta that goes to lvl 25, has no horses for quickly getting around implemented, late game not implemented, end game systems not implemented, and comparing it to ALL of PoE.

If PoE released a beta today of JUST Act 1, with the only skills available being act 1 gems, NOONE WOULD BUY IT.

Ever

Hell PoE was a fucking mess when it was just 3 acts with 3 difficulties and the end game was farming a random area cause maps fucking sucked. Combat was slow, clunky and the game was not popular. Kripp basically saved that game when he decided to stream it, but it was not a very good one at the time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users