Diablo II - Resurrected

Chris

Potato del Grande
No then it's killing a pack with 2-4 casts. Should everything just die in 1 cast of the same ability? would that really make the game more balanced or fun?

Wasn't just being hyperbolic was being delusional. If you take away the hyperbole the point is still just so fucking dumb.
Some builds just can't do some zones solo. This is a known fact of Diablo 2 for the last 20 years.

Frozen Orb isn't killing packs in 2-4 casts in a fire or lightning build in Hell. Not unless you have some impressive equipment you didn't have on your first trip through Hell.

It's all well and good saying that you should group, but the UI for that is dogshit and worse than it was 20 years ago.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not worth arguing with him. He's pretending the main gameplay loop in D2 doesn't involve completely ignoring large portions of the game because of immunities and cannot form a cogent argument as to why immunities aren't dumb.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Frozen Orb isn't killing packs in 2-4 casts in a fire or lightning build in Hell. Not unless you have some impressive equipment you didn't have on your first trip through Hell.

Why are you trying to go straight to CBaal runs if you can't do them?
Why aren't you farming TC85s in A1&2?
Why aren't you farming Hell Andy/Meph?
Why aren't you farming NM cows/Baal?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of y'all just don't get the classic gaming. Hate to see it.

Senpai is doing the Lord's work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fucking fuck you and every asshole like you that encourages these stupid mechanics.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I do, then I get bored because that stuff is boring and try another build that doesn't need to do that shit.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I read the beta feedback was that Hammerdins found terror zones too easy. Do we know if they rebalanced anything in response ?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1664316685082.png

lol this is a joke

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i think the sundered charms are a good idea instead of removing immunities completely. i like the idea of immunities causing issues with early characters in the ladder, still keeps it legit.

i do believe tho the economy will suffer because instead of people having 5 heros for specific things it'll just be 1-2 mains, so a lot of the mid tier shit will probably not sell as much

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It's just gonna hard break cold Sorc to the point were they're just the god class. 40k+ Blizzard vs everything isn't gonna be balanced.

Unless Blizzard has some special coding where the charms don't break Uber Trist immunites Blizz sorc gonna be able to clear the event in sub 30 seconds.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's a direct reaction to people who don't want to selectively farm around their class's limitations when playing solo.

It's HELL difficulty and a MULTIPLAYER game. Get it? The immunities are supposed to be a big sign of that. Not to mention, what's wrong about a demon of hell actually being immune to fire? It makes perfect sense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
It's a direct reaction to people who don't want to selectively farm around their class's limitations when playing solo.

It's HELL difficulty and a MULTIPLAYER game. Get it? The immunities are supposed to be a big sign of that. Not to mention, what's wrong about a demon of hell actually being immune to fire? It makes perfect sense.

Yeah all that is cool and all, but is it fun?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah all that is cool and all, but is it fun?

I'm not sure I have the same tastes as the kind of people who made crowd control pointless in even the heroic dungeons.

But yes, players needing one thing or another their class doesn't do + working together is fun for me.

Some people just wanna lol spam and instant Ber rune drops everywhere. They are clowns.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I'm not sure I have the same tastes as the kind of people who made crowd control pointless in even the heroic dungeons.

But yes, players needing one thing or another their class doesn't do + working together is fun for me.

Some people just wanna lol spam and instant Ber rune drops everywhere. They are clowns.

Sure hardship, difficulty, and rarity are all good, needing to group can be good but inversely annoyance, tedium, and inefficiency fall on that same scale.

Instead of grouping as pointed out people instead make different characters to farm different areas...

You can't alienate your playerbase with unfun faggot shit if you wish to continue to have a playerbase. It's that simple.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Not to mention, what's wrong about a demon of hell actually being immune to fire? It makes perfect sense.
If that's the case then how does it make any sense that some are immune to cold? It makes zero sense!

• 1Mother of God

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People up in this thread defending immunities like they are some kind of content jfc

Shitty gameplay that makes the small handful of endgame activities that exist annoying to access for the vast majority of builds is not a good thing you fucking simps

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I dont see how some mobs being immune to certain elements because they are native to such things is bad game design (esp in a multiplayer game where one member can but another cant), sorry

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Sure hardship, difficulty, and rarity are all good, needing to group can be good but inversely annoyance, tedium, and inefficiency fall on that same scale.

Instead of grouping as pointed out people instead make different characters to farm different areas...

You can't alienate your playerbase with unfun faggot shit if you wish to continue to have a playerbase. It's that simple.

Immunities were added in 1.10 cause 90% of the ladder was playing Sorc. If you wanna be efficient like you suggest you're kinda just gonna be forced to play Sorc next D2R season. It's really anti-fun.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Immunities were added in 1.10 cause 90% of the ladder was playing Sorc. If you wanna be efficient like you suggest you're kinda just gonna be forced to play Sorc next D2R season. It's really anti-fun.

It was a stupid, heavy-handed band-aid solution to a problem for which the correct fix was to thoughtfully buff the other classes.