Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You do know that 99% of the people who play D2 give absolutely 0 fucks about the pvp right? It's insta kill garbage. I don't even know what kind of special basement you have to live in to even want to PvP in D2.
Agreed. Fucking thumb wrestling is better PvP than D2

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

Attachments

• MONITOR.jpg
    MONITOR.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
You do know that 99% of the people who play D2 give absolutely 0 fucks about the pvp right? It's insta kill garbage. I don't even know what kind of special basement you have to live in to even want to PvP in D2.
No you're wrong, we have ladder duels all the time and most people don't get instakilled, the first fight is literally paladins taking multiple telestomp hits.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
No you're wrong, we have ladder duels all the time and most people don't get instakilled, the first fight is literally paladins taking multiple telestomp hits.

That dude is way too excited for how dull that PvP is

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean... spend your time how you want but PVP in Diablo 2 20 years later...

God damn.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Here's what I remember from playing Diablo 2 all those years ago.

I played through the campaign and it was fun enough. Because I liked Diablo 1 plenty as well. I didn't really hunt for items or anything but I did play through twice or something. In the online game, I remember that if some asshole filled his entire inventory with potions and died it would flood my screen with potion drops and crash the game on my old shitty computer. I later got a better computer and I played online again it was full of people with trainers and stat hacks and shit. That was fun for a little while. I eventually got bored with it and stopped playing.

The end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Heckling aside, I finally got a chance to play for a couple hours last night and I am enjoying myself a surprising amount. The game is silky smooth and feels a LOT better than the original beyond the fact that the networking is still utter dogshit and the mobs are never where you think they are. It's enough to make me want to play offline only if not for the fact that I might someday want to trade or join a game for leveling.

• 1Pathetic

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Offline mode only mod out for D2R named “Better SP” at nexusmod. Does almost everything I want and they will be adding more features.

Features so far:
Way larger inventory, cube, stash
Increased run/walk speed
Lowered stamina drain
Mercenaries can equip more things (gloves, boots etc)
Item levels are visible
Skill max levels are increased from 20 to 99
Removed experience gain penalty from higher levels
Hell Countess can now drop all runes
Increased high rune drop rate
Increased mob density
Increased drop chance for items
Runes are now numbered (El (1), Eld (2) etc)
Tomes and keys stack limit increased to 50
Arrows/bolts stack to 500
Increased Hell Act 5 area levels, they now go from 81 to 99
Hell Cow Level increased to area level 99 (you can still access it anytime after killing Hell Baal)
New cube recipe for unsocketing: Scroll of Town Portal + Socketed Item = Item + Socketables --- Unsockets items without destroying runes :)
New cube recipe for full respec token: Scroll of Town Portal + Scroll of Identify = Token of Absolution
Ability to use all skills in towns (some get visually off though from town protection)
Andariel drops are always quest drops (Andariel bug, no longer have to manually bug her for better drops)

Planned features:
Infinite ammo on quivers/throwables
Perfect gem drops in Hell difficulty
Immunity removal (although i've heard that D2R vanilla already allows piercing through immunities)
Ability to use any or most skills from either side (auras under left-click etc)
Move-only skill
Something similar to Melee Splash mod (not sure yet, how to approach it)
Increasing maximum character level
Plugy-like respeccing of stats/skills
Ability to toggle features in .ini file like was the case with many mods in original D2 (trying to find, if someone has managed to make this functional)
Make numbered runes support all languages, currently they have number only in English version.

• 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Offline mode only mod out for D2R named “Better SP” at nexusmod. Does almost everything I want and they will be adding more features.

Features so far:

Increased mob density
This will alone get me to pay for the game & mods for it. Favorite aspect of Grim Dawn, Titan Quest etc was x-max and filling up the screen with flying fallen corpses = $$$

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That dude is way too excited for how dull that PvP is

At the high end it's a fairly skilled point and click or fast react game. Like controlling a Dota hero in a blink dagger fight. The pet stacking (using teleport) to block whirlwinds and pierce skills or end game balance and some of the absurd circlets you get to see is interesting.

Definitely not for everyone and the grind is unreal to make something truly amazing.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
im having fun with a fire druid. just started hell though and some fire immunities got me thinking real hard about respeccing to wind druid.

fire druid just loads of fun tho, fuk casting tornado shit feels like hammerdin positioning.

anyone know how many characters I can make for online play? trying to offload some stash space.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
im having fun with a fire druid. just started hell though and some fire immunities got me thinking real hard about respeccing to wind druid.

fire druid just loads of fun tho, fuk casting tornado shit feels like hammerdin positioning.

anyone know how many characters I can make for online play? trying to offload some stash space.
Think the word is 20 chars.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Think the word is 20 chars.

At least, I have made a bunch of characters just to hold shit since I am a hoarder in these games. Worst part of D2 is inventory management. I want to play the game not inventory manager simulation.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

When you get to Hell the party is over for a lot of builds if you're into solo playing (without good gear). If you can find a partner or public games you can shine against non-fire immune mobs, and someone else deals with the FI's. Once I get to level 80-85 I just find places to farm based on build.

No Fire Immune areas are Far Oasis in Act 2, Glacial Trail, and Crystalline Passage (both in Act 5) (Doesn't count champion mobs). Eventually you'll get good gear for your merc where he can kill the Fire Immunes for you.

This is why Blizzard sorceress is a very popular choice for a single element class: It does a ton of damage even with poor gear, you still have teleport and can farm two bosses and several areas with low/no Cold Immunes: Mephisto (moat trick), Andariel (door trick), Ancient Tunnels (Act 2, Lost City dungeon), Mausoleum & Crypt (Act 1 cemetary dungeons).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
At least, I have made a bunch of characters just to hold shit since I am a hoarder in these games. Worst part of D2 is inventory management. I want to play the game not inventory manager simulation.
I installed the mod for bigger inventory when playing offline/solo. Such a huge improvement.