Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Grug no like immunity.
Grug wanna play old game that's one of few games with them. Grug no wanna play new game, new game scare Grug.
Grug think game that take 4 hours to beat end boss is too hard.
Grug cry on forum. Anyone who disagrees with Grug is trolling.

Grug want mash movement skill and get orbs

Khane

Got something right about marriage
These devs are hilarious

Their take on Sorc Cold Mastery in conjunction with Sunder Charms:

Developer’s Note: We have heard much of the community's thoughts on how the new Sunder Charms work with the sorceresses Cold Mastery ability. Looking at the percentage of monsters that are cold immune, the trade-offs of having to gain and equip a new grand charm, and re-checking our damage output, we feel the current behavior of Cold Mastery is not significantly more powerful than many of the other abilities affected by Sunder and does not need to change at this time.

Their take on Conviction and Lower Res in conjunction with Sunder Charms:

Sundering Charms​

• Conviction and Lower Resist effectiveness will be 1/5 effective even after a Sundering Charm's applied effects. (This change will go into effect on October 6 once Ladder Season Two begins).
For reference at 20 points:

Cold Mastery is -115% to enemy cold res
Conviction is -125% to elemental res
Lower Res is -62% to all res

So... Cold Mastery is fine, but Conviction and Lower Res are so OP they need to be nerfed to 1/5th effectiveness

Lol.

Khane

They're talking out of both sides of their mouth

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
It sucks looking up what classes to play for start and checking MaxRoll's Tier list and it's like play Sorc or just suck at start. Late game there's a bunch of options, but it just seems like some classes are just pain to try and run through initially like Druid, Barb, or Necro. I really want to play a melee type that isn't Assassin, but it just seems until you get some high end Uniques or Runeword weapons you're just insufficient for most content.

I miss the days of being a Zealadin and not sucking. Not being the top tier, just not sucking.

Khane

It sucks looking up what classes to play for start and checking MaxRoll's Tier list and it's like play Sorc or just suck at start. Late game there's a bunch of options, but it just seems like some classes are just pain to try and run through initially like Druid, Barb, or Necro. I really want to play a melee type that isn't Assassin, but it just seems until you get some high end Uniques or Runeword weapons you're just insufficient for most content.

I miss the days of being a Zealadin and not sucking. Not being the top tier, just not sucking.

Just ignore D2R and wait for PD2 season 6. Much better game, way more viable class/spec options.

But more builds are doable as starters now in D2R than at its release because of class/skill changes and the addition of other level 85 zones opening up farming options for more archetypes, but nothing will ever beat a sorc as a starter because of its raw power + teleport.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm more of a PoD2 guy, don't think I played PD2. I think PoD2 is supposed to have a new season release soon as well, but who knows D2R probably took a lot of their casual players.

Khane

Should check out PD2. PoD hasn't been updated in a very long time as I understand it and PD2 is in active development with a pretty reasonably sized playerbase for a mod of a 20 year old game (5k+ concurrent users at season launches, maintains 2k+ for a good 4-6 weeks into a season)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea PoD is essentially dead unfortunately.

PD2 has been great for several patches now

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I'm a big fan of PD2 and the other total mods but terror zones (mobs scale up to lvl 99) and sunder charms (break mob immmunities) make this my most anticipated ladder ever.

Also, Sorcs are a great starter class but we'll have to switch out farming characters depending on which are the current terror zones (change once an hour) at least until you have the correct Sundered Charm.

For non US players they admitted they screwed up the announced start time and date. It launches simultaneously around the world at 5pm PDT, so that's 2am Europe time on 7th of Oct not 6th.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I mean hopefully we get some varied builds out of it but I'm not sure even sunder charms will get us out of the find item barb meta, 50% more loot is hard to beat.

Khane

I like Coooley but that video is already outdated because of the conviction nerf when using Sundered charms and because... it's not a very good version of the Tesladin to begin with.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah it seems pointless to me, the meta stays the same but at least you get 3 new builds or something lol? We'll see how it plays out, but like that video shows the opportunity and they squash it? What are we doing?

Also mrllama > cooley.

Khane

I was watching a few streams last night and apparently there is a bug in which every successful hork (find item) on elites in terror zones will produce a Sundering Charm....

Lol

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was watching a few streams last night and apparently there is a bug in which every successful hork (find item) on elites in terror zones will produce a Sundering Charm....

Lol
This doesn't seem true for me. Is there a trick to it?

Khane

This doesn't seem true for me. Is there a trick to it?

The hork just has to be successful (you can hork and fail to get anything), but it looked like when they were doing it, any champ/elite pack in a terror zone was dropping them on every successful hork. There might be a level requirement.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The hork just has to be successful (you can hork and fail to get anything), but it looked like when they were doing it, any champ/elite pack in a terror zone was dropping them on every successful hork. There might be a level requirement.
Dunno. I have a trav GF barb and I cleared a bunch of 94+ terror zones with no results.