Diablo III - Ultimate Evil Edition

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
I figure since the PC version is already at 12,000+ posts and 600+ pages, a new console thread should be made for the console edition to talk about console-specific mechanics, grouping up, etc.

I play on PS4 and my PSN is: Jahream if you want to add me. I'll be starting brand new and haven't played the series since d2xp so I'm pretty excited.

inb4: PC master race.

Here is the list of people who listed their PSN in this thread as of 8/25/2014

Thanks Devlin!

dr_shoen
Jabberwhacky
Dynnus
Quaid--
Livanniah
elderanarchy84
Devlinx
Indyrat
begaro
Cryptin
Tolrar
Scyfi
Niroa
Turbo-Fangz
Jahream
Brewchop
Coleslawter89
regimebolton
Grumpusjiujitsu
Utnayan
mebben79
Man0warr1
visualnothing
Aszuthan
knytestorme
Morbeas
Jade18June

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'll be picking it up on PS4 for shits n giggles. I don't expect much but feel free to add visualnothing

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Yeah will grab PS4 version for couch-coop fun and just when I want to mess around but don't feel like loading up 4 copies on PC

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Debating it - gonna be so busy with planning the move that I don't know if it's worth buying for launch day though.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I've heard that they don't even launch it with the latest patch, and plan to develop patches for it independently of the PC version. The standard console version of D3 basically never got patched. I think it received one minor update post-launch to iron out some port-related snags and that's it. The game worked fairly well, mind you, so nothing gravely needed fixing, but it certainly didn't get any real support. If they launch this with 2.06 or whatever and then immediately patch the PC version to 2.1, it's going to render the consolde version obsolete from the start.

Also, according to someone on another forum, there were issues with the game if you played it from the disc. The game would stutter at times if it had to load certain things from the disc. The worst example was that the sound that plays when your life goes low would cause the game to freeze for a second, which is pretty much the worst possible time for stuttering. Consider buying the digital version of the game in case disc-related issues persist.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what they've commented on it PS4/XBOne are similar enough to PC they expect patching to be only "shortly after" for D3.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I read that they aren't planning to follow the PC patches and might diverge entirely from the PC version, which is probably PR speak for "we're gonna drop support for it as soon as sales subside."

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Yeah, on one of the Gamespot let's plays devs said it will be getting greater rifts but not seasons so I took that as most of 2.1 will be coming

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
What classes are you guys going with? I'm still deciding between barb and crusader, possibly DH, but I'm not sure what would feel best with a controller. I hear Wizard and WD are hard to play without the click/point casting, but I'll eventually give it a try.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What classes are you guys going with? I'm still deciding between barb and crusader, possibly DH, but I'm not sure what would feel best with a controller. I hear Wizard and WD are hard to play without the click/point casting, but I'll eventually give it a try.
Pretty much what axeman said, i was going to use Acid Cloud as an example as well, its kind of a smart target that they use for shit like that... which can be kind of shitty. However beam spells are great, which most range classes are going to be using anyway.

I'll most likely make a crusader though, either that or a DH just because they're not very common anymore. I have a HC 60 character... can't remember which class though-on the 360 version that i'll copy over (if only to just unlock bounty modes quicker) and then go from there.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Can't imagine playing a wizard with a controller. Too much stuff that you need to target, blink, hydra, blizzard, meteor, etc etc. Beam spells are useless because endgame play is all about kiting.

WD might be easier, firebats was pretty OP last time I played, and pets aren't too bad now.

spronk

FPS noob
dumb question but if you own the pc version and buy the ps4 version do you get access to the same characters or is it a totally different server

Needless

Toe Sucker
Its entirely different games. console is console, PC is PC.
The only "compatibility" they have is that if you had a 360/PS3 version you can transfer your shit onto a next gen console.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Been playing the PC version lately. Highest character I ever had was 33, finished the main story before the expansion. Felt quite disappointed in it, so never played it much after that. Playing a monk now, and found it more enjoyable than my original Demon Hunter.

Think I am going to get the PS4 version now and try the Crusader and the new content.

PS: How come there isn't controller support for the PC version when the UI and limited skill setup is so obviously made for it?

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
PS: How come there isn't controller support for the PC version when the UI and limited skill setup is so obviously made for it?
2 answers. PC doesn't have dodge and the console skills are a bit more powerful due to shittier aiming. The second answer is because FUCK YOU that's why. Any time I think of something anyone (blizzard never used to be here and now they are the #1 company imo for this type of shitty behavior
frown.png
) does or doesn't do when it seems like a no brainer, is FUCK YOU that's why.