Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It looks like it uses mostly Diablo3 art that has been reshuffled and dropped in overall resolution.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
D3's art was pretty much low fidelity to begin with, so it's not surprising that the mobile version looks so similar if it's not even just a straight port

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to surprising mobile seems a decent place for this sort of game and there are a fair number of similar games on mobile now and the hardware has come along good enough to do justice to it.

• 5Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
This is how Blizzard wanted to dismount their opening ceremony?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not to surprising mobile seems a decent place for this sort of game and there are a fair number of similar games on mobile now and the hardware has come along good enough to do justice to it.

Yeah, this will make a good chunk of cash. Nostalgia + gigantic user-base = profits. There are a lot of people that played D/D2 in their youth and gave up gaming long ago, but have a good phone and a desire for something to do for short blocks of time.

• 1Picard

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
D3's art was pretty much low fidelity to begin with, so it's not surprising that the mobile version looks so similar if it's not even just a straight port

Not even a Reskin of D3. They reskinned another game it seems. Note the control scheme and UI. lol...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I hope this game fucking blows phones up and blizzard gets sued into not being a company

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So awkward. God, how did they think this would NOT garner this kind of reaction? This is the first flop announcement I've ever seen from Blizzard. It's only made worse because somehow the presenter still looks so genuinely excited.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welp glad I didn't waste my time watching the blizzcon announcements had I wasted my time waiting for a fuckin mobile game i'd have been more disappointed than I am now.

• 1Like

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider

Man I feel bad for that dude, the crowd hated this announcement from what I've seen on reddit. This clip in particular was gold though (I think it's in the one above but narrowing it down)

• 6Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 10 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Xxbng.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is proof the Blizzard as we know it is GONE. A fucking phone game? Yeah, Activision just wants money and only money - they want a slice of the mobile market.

Please god, let the talent at Blizzard quit, pick up the other talent at Blizzard that already quit and split off over the last 10 years, and create Blizzard 2.

This is a fucking tragedy.

LOL

LivestreamFails - Question at Diablo immortal Q&A - Troopakoopa240 playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

That suggests there is any talent left there outside of the OW team. Are any of their main franchises in a better place today than they were 10 years ago?

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Do these games really make that much money?
I just can't imagine a game like this can make a lot more money than say a clash royale style game with the warcraft IP.

• 1Like