Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This will keep me pretty entertained at work when I have downtime. Looking forward to the official launch

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Phone games are weird to me. I kind of want a phone game to play when I'm not able to play a "real" game, but then I feel like if I get into it I'll do what I did with Fallout: Shelter, play the game on Bluestacks (or just natively on Windows in this case) and be unable to play it on my mobile device because it's so much better.

Anyone playing this and enjoy it? Is there any reason to play this on Windows over other games in the genre?

It releases June 2nd.

What intrigues me about this is if I have the itch to do some loot grinding and I'm stuck somewhere I can on my phone. Then when I get home I can pick right back up where I left off on the PC. No BlueStacks needed. Just log in through the blizzard account and PC and mobile will be linked.
PC download is 26g and phone is reported to be around 4g. Unknown how fun it will be but I'm a sucker for some diablo content and since it takes place before D3 my boy Deckard Cain will be alive.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I have a Backbone I play games on my iPhone at work when it's slow. I'll give it a try to.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Game is maximum P2W. Have fun being half as strong as whales in PvP. Note a good portion of the game revolves around the PvP system.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Have fun being half as strong as whales in PvP. Note a good portion of the game revolves around the PvP system.

Fortunately, sane people don't give a fuck about Diablo PvP. (It's still entirely possible that the PvE progression sucks F2P.)

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Yea, except this isn't D2 or D3. They built in an entire system around faction style PvP, and gated the best gear behind a huge paywall. I agree that traditional Diablo PvP is a joke, and maybe it won't be required to enjoy the game. Hopefully you can do all the PvE stuff and not be severely hindered by your lack of legendary gems down the road.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, except this isn't D2 or D3. They built in an entire system around faction style PvP, and gated the best gear behind a huge paywall. I agree that traditional Diablo PvP is a joke, and maybe it won't be required to enjoy the game. Hopefully you can do all the PvE stuff and not be severely hindered by your lack of legendary gems down the road.
Change to make it so you can craft 5 star legendary gems from rare crest. This will let you compete with p2w players. Sure, it will be slower but you can do it. Video at around 1:45

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Change to make it so you can craft 5 star legendary gems from rare crest. This will let you compete with p2w players. Sure, it will be slower but you can do it. Video at around 1:45
That's a big change, and good news. Thanks for sharing.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This will be Blizzard's most profitable game ever, and they will use that as a cudgel in their other product development teams

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All about that timing. If it's being given a legit PC release it's hard not to buy it right now. People are looking for fresh games.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

These are the types of people buying the game in the video.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I have always like Raxx's videos for anything Diabblo related.

Last edited: