Diablo Immortal

Gator

Molten Core Raider
It just gets worse and worse as people get further into the game.

Look how disgusting the p2w is. Watch the first 15 minutes. He drops $40 in leg crests and the best he gets is only a two star gem. Then he compares that to what a f2p would see. If they want to keep those insane drop rates they need to greatly increase the f2p chances for leg crests. Asmon's sarcasm is great.

Immoral currently has a whopping 0.8 on metacritic. Way to go Blizz you out did yourselves. They have all the makings of having one of the best phone games to date but they chose to destroy it with their scummy shop.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Battlepass and cosmetics are all that is needed, the unrestrained greed of some of these digital purchases is insane.

Also I bet their logo is now a pride flag on twitter, because they are good people.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what the NZD to USD conversion is but some of these streamers have lost their damn minds. I know it may not be a lot of money to them but no way in hell would I spend that much.
Screenshot_2.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just gets worse and worse as people get further into the game.

Look how disgusting the p2w is. Watch the first 15 minutes. He drops $40 in leg crests and the best he gets is only a two star gem. Then he compares that to what a f2p would see. If they want to keep those insane drop rates they need to greatly increase the f2p chances for leg crests. Asmon's sarcasm is great.

Immoral currently has a whopping 0.8 on metacritic. Way to go Blizz you out did yourselves. They have all the makings of having one of the best phone games to date but they chose to destroy it with their scummy shop.
Is it Blizz that is running the monetization setup, or is that the Chinese company making those decisions with Blizz just being the "publisher" here?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what the NZD to USD conversion is but some of these streamers have lost their damn minds. I know it may not be a lot of money to them but no way in hell would I spend that much. View attachment 415722

About half that in USD.

Keep in mind this is all business expenses for them, and they likely make a lot more than what they are spending. That's the vicious cycle and why these games exist as well. They know they will get streamer money, and the streamer makes more than they spend, and the streamers are encouraging others to spend. Rich is a good example, hes a great streamer, but he's already over 10K into this game. That's insane to me. I thought I was a stupid idiot spending $12,000 over 4 years on a mobile game (and I probably was), but to do it in less than a week says something.

I'm level 43, still not spent a penny. Game is simple. I'm laughing at Asmon has spent over $500 before he was level 40 lol. WHY are people spending thousands on this thing, I can't see what they are getting over me spending 0. Yes they get more things, but how is any of this helping them through the game?

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
XP seems kinda inconsistent in this game, as in sources which gave XP just stop giving it. I hit my first Story lvl gate yesterday at lvl43 (needed to hit 46), and just ran a lot of Elder Rifts. These all had the "xp" icon in the list of rewards, so running them gave XP, gave BP resource and also worked with finishing Codex quests. Got to 46 pretty quick. Got to 47/48, then hit the next gate (need 51 now). Went back to running Elder Rifts, but noticed that they didn't give XP as reward..eh? The only thing I could do to get XP was to run Dungeons, and I guess simply kill mobs / elites in the world.

Do you only get Xp from Rifts for a limited number of runs?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What he expected. It’s a P2W game.

This had me laughing. I guess he didn’t spend enough money. Blizzard said fuck that he’s getting too powerful without spending any money. Ban his ass.

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This had me laughing. I guess he didn’t spend enough money. Blizzard said fuck that he’s getting too powerful without spending any money. Ban his ass.

Lmao. I suspect he legit cheated though. Given so much shit is perfect time gated and you can't exceed certain amounts of things in the game its easy to tell if he did in fact cheat or not.

Who knows at the end though. They're are several cheats out for the game too. Maybe he had one running and no one knew?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The reason they spend that kind of money is because it generates views and eyeballs generate money. It's an advertising cost for them. For some it's worth the cost if Asmod spends $500 to get 100k viewers that's a pretty good return on investment. If a dumb fuck like Rich spends $10k for 1k viewers he is desperate to remain on the D tier streamer list.

Whats fascinating to me is everyone knew this was going to he 1000% dogshit since that fat Asian asked the audience at Blizzcon if they had phones. People said it was pay2win turbo garbage prior to it being released. Everyone knows Blizzard is a shit company, but everyone is balls deep in this shit i guess just to watch the train wreck? I used to wonder how the fuck EA got people to buy new copies of FIFA and Madden every year but now you can see people are just stupid.

Every download and hour played just proves that Bobby Kotick is probably the greatest gaming CEO of our generation, that mother fucker gets paid.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The reason they spend that kind of money is because it generates views and eyeballs generate money. It's an advertising cost for them. For some it's worth the cost if Asmod spends $500 to get 100k viewers that's a pretty good return on investment. If a dumb fuck like Rich spends $10 for 1k viewers he is desperate to remain on the D tier streamer list.

Whats fascinating to me is everyone knew this was going to he 1000% dogshit since that fat Asian asked the audience at Blizzcon if they had phones. People said it was pay2win turbo garbage prior to it being released. Everyone knows Blizzard is a shit company, but everyone is balls deep in this shit i guess just to watch the train wreck? I used to wonder how the fuck EA got people to buy new copies of FIFA and Madden every year but now you can see people are just stupid.

Every download and hour played just proves that Bobby Kotick is probably the greatest gaming CEO of our generation, that mother fucker gets paid.

But Booze, didn't we have a bunch of people here telling us that he was retarded and not a good CEO??? I bet he personally walked this idea into the development meetings.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
But Booze, didn't we have a bunch of people here telling us that he was retarded and not a good CEO???

That was people like Chris and Mist so not really people at all. They are still under the mistaken belief that game companies are required to make good games and won't accept the reality it's to make fucking money.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a content creator whose channel has like one hundred diablo Immortal guides. He is ready to quit five days in

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think their goal is to try and lure as many people into paying for a 30-day pass + a few $1.99 superbest deals as they can during the launch window.

They waited to launch in a window post-graduation and yet pre-summer with a minimal number of new titles (and nothing AAA). They knew people would be just bored enough come June 2nd to try it out and in so doing recoup their dev costs at a minimum.

I really cannot wait for their next earnings call where they report how this did.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
There's a content creator whose channel has like one hundred diablo Immortal guides. He is ready to quit five days in
I can tell you what's going to make me want to quit is going to be the simple fact that you cannot grind your way to what a pay to win can achieve. what I mean by that is the simple fact that free to play is limited into how much you can grind a week. why they would do that I don't know even if a free to play did nothing more than grind forever they would not catch up to a pay to win but I still feel that's fair and understandable but the fact that free to play gets artificially cockblocked on top of being unable to progress fast enough in the 1st place is a double ass fucking

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I can tell you what's going to make me want to quit is going to be the simple fact that you cannot grind your way to what a pay to win can achieve. what I mean by that is the simple fact that free to play is limited into how much you can grind a week. why they would do that I don't know even if a free to play did nothing more than grind forever they would not catch up to a pay to win but I still feel that's fair and understandable but the fact that free to play gets artificially cockblocked on top of being unable to progress fast enough in the 1st place is a double ass fucking

You either spend time or money, and in a weird way spending time in these kinds of games costs you more than straight cash ever will.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That was people like Chris and Mist so not really people at all. They are still under the mistaken belief that game companies are required to make good games and won't accept the reality it's to make fucking money.
Your dementia is getting to you again, it was actually me arguing with Chris as to why Bobby Kotick is a good CEO.

1654528644669.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
XP seems kinda inconsistent in this game, as in sources which gave XP just stop giving it. I hit my first Story lvl gate yesterday at lvl43 (needed to hit 46), and just ran a lot of Elder Rifts. These all had the "xp" icon in the list of rewards, so running them gave XP, gave BP resource and also worked with finishing Codex quests. Got to 46 pretty quick. Got to 47/48, then hit the next gate (need 51 now). Went back to running Elder Rifts, but noticed that they didn't give XP as reward..eh? The only thing I could do to get XP was to run Dungeons, and I guess simply kill mobs / elites in the world.

Do you only get Xp from Rifts for a limited number of runs?
Some have a number limit next to them in the codex. Elder Rift is 8 times a day, Beastiary is 3 times a day, Raids are once a week.

Dungeons are probably the next best, or Quests and Beastiary to fill out the battle pass.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
All they had to do was copy paste PoE microtransactions and no one would blink an eye. But this mess...good god

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users