Diablo Immortal

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Now that I have a few characters to 30 I have to say that I've gone from agnostic to annoyed by the MTX. I don't really pay attention to any of this garbage but the sheer number of currencies and the ongoing in-your-face request to buy layers and layers of other systems is pretty exhausting. It definitely feels more predatory than other games I've played casually.

I had to laugh at the 800% VALUE MTX offering right at the start. As if. 800% of what? Some other thing that you made up and assigned an arbitrary value to. Its pretty amusing but I can see how people get sucked in. Besides, we all know the real goal there is to get someone to pay ANYTHING for something because the likelihood of making follow-up purchases explodes if you have invested even a little. I don't recall the actual metrics but getting someone to pay that very first time is the key friction point across all MTX.

Anyway, the gameplay as a mage is simple fun. I have two spells that interact with the other two spells so I can position myself for combos and such. It's decent fun for a shitty mobile game. But all the trappings and MTX and pseudo-competitive shit (leaderboards are meaningless if they mix payers and non-payers) is a real turn-off. I won't give them any money for the sheer point of it; whereas I happily spent a little money in Genshin Impact because it was fun to do so.

These games basically give me a headache beyond the actual gameplay and while I hope this shitty approach stays siloed and doesn't ruin D4 - I have my doubts.

It's a pilot of what to expect in D4

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a pilot of what to expect in D4

Isn't that a scary thought. And the reason I despise all the publicity this game is getting from streamers/YT(even negative publicity can be good). I can only hope blizzard loses money in the end, even with the idiots spending thousands to "expose" the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you bought this shit, got dumpstered by a whale and cried about it, you're as big of a problem as the whale. You're just a cuck instead of a bull.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
blizzard is trash, this is not news but I am still annoyed how the gold standard of gaming has fallen so low.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Fuck this game and fuck Blizzard. God damnit.

fuckyouchangyoufaggot.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Love that Quin69 is the top stream for this on Twitch and his quest to whale and get a 5 star legendary gem. He still has zero and has spent over 9k NZD. This has got to be a warning to potential whales that this game isnt worth it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I bet if Diablo 4 turns out to be half decent, most of you fuckers will turn so fast back to sucking Blizzard dick.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bet if Diablo 4 turns out to be half decent, most of you fuckers will turn so fast back to sucking Blizzard dick.
The amount of try-harding in here is off the charts. Blizzard is shit, we get it. But fuck, ya'll are acting like a bitter pimply-faced nerd who got punk'd by the head cheerleader in front of the entire school.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I usually have him on in a minimized window just listening to him sperg out with retard takes anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I was blizzard, I'd disable that spergs chances at a 5star gem for laughs and easy money.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It has more content than D2 and D3
Very true. If they would of went the PoE route and just did in game cosmetics and stash space it would have still generated a shit ton of money. (Hopefully they will do that in D4) The pay to win and content walls blows my mind.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I had to laugh at the 800% VALUE MTX offering right at the start. As if. 800% of what? Some other thing that you made up and assigned an arbitrary value to. Its pretty amusing but I can see how people get sucked in. Besides, we all know the real goal there is to get someone to pay ANYTHING for something because the likelihood of making follow-up purchases explodes if you have invested even a little. I don't recall the actual metrics but getting someone to pay that very first time is the key friction point across all MTX.

It is arbitrary but it's also likely defensible. Some people talked about false advertising but (sadly) it's probably not. I imagine their lawyers can twist any of this to match what they say.

Beginner Pack ($0.99): the 800% Value stems from the fact that other cosmetic full skin sets in the shop are 1,000 orbs. Odds are weapon only will likely run around 480 orbs (Arbitrary guess for now though but I bet I'm right). 60 orbs are $0.99. The pack is $0.99. This cancels out, so your only free item is the cosmetic, which is 800% value because you're basically getting 480 orbs for free, which is 60 x 8.

Mad King's Pack ($0.99): Value on Legendary Crests can be put as simply $2.67 each (60 Orbs is base as $0.99, and a crest is 160). Blizzard is valuing 2 Rare Crests and 6 Normal Rank 1 Gems at about $3.00. How they come up with this? Fuck if I know, but I guarantee their lawyers can explain exactly how they come up with it.

Cavern of Echos ($19.99): This one is odd, because using the other calculation, the "Extra Value" is actually higher than +180%. I think their marketing fucked up and accounted for the 1200 Orbs at the discounted rate (when they should use the base rate of 60 Orbs = $0.99). 1200 Orbs, 10 Leg Crests, and 42 Gems. That's $19.80 for the orbs, $26.70 for the crests. We're already at +232% Value, guys, not even factoring in the gems. WHAT A DEAL.

Last edited: