Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The best part is China is happy to oblige for our entertainment. American shitlords say "I hope someone bans this shit"

China listens.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like China is not allowing the game to release.

word on the street is that chinese players mass reported the game ahead of its release to authorities for predatory gambling. Most likely citing the NA/EU release and the shitshow that followed. Netease is probably trying to figure out what they have to do to make the gov happy. If it's true, it shows how fucked up the DI is if China is not allowing it to be released

sss.jpg

we will also add more welfare activities and generous rewards in the game

that part pretty much tells the monetization is gonna get an overhaul

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
word on the street is that chinese players mass reported the game ahead of its release to authorities for predatory gambling. Most likely citing the NA/EU release and the shitshow that followed. Netease is probably trying to figure out what they have to do to make the gov happy. If it's true, it shows how fucked up the DI is if China is not allowing it to be released

View attachment 418221

that part pretty much tells the monetization is gonna get an overhaul
No. Its because someone at Blizzard said in a tweet on Weibou or w/e the fuck its called from an American IP "When will the bear step down?" which has somehow turned the market against blizzard when releasing new products. It was on Forbes or one of those news sites. The only reason I know is because this same thing was posted on Reddit and the real answer was put into the comments for why its being denied entry. Talk shit about the pooh, get denied your money.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No. Its because someone at Blizzard said in a tweet on Weibou or w/e the fuck its called from an American IP "When will the bear step down?" which has somehow turned the market against blizzard when releasing new products. It was on Forbes or one of those news sites. The only reason I know is because this same thing was posted on Reddit and the real answer was put into the comments for why its being denied entry. Talk shit about the pooh, get denied your money.
1655766985510.png

1655767022439.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard dev released some info on daily caps:

4306B678-6837-424C-900D-49CCE23A9DEB.png

To make the game somewhat tolerable they need to remove the limit on the weekly embers so people can grind rifts for a chance at a 5 star pull.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard dev released some info on daily caps:

View attachment 418232

To make the game somewhat tolerable they need to remove the limit on the weekly embers so people can grind rifts for a chance at a 5 star pull.
All that makes me want to know is what "hidden" shit WoW has like Diablo Immortal has. The more I fucking know about the game the more I just never want to touch the shit again and its infuriating that they've let my poor ol' boy die like they have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
isn't that the fat faggot who asked if people had phones?

Yes. Still cant believe Blizzard went down this path with this game. Announce it at the main stage of Blizzcon 4 years before it actually comes out. And release a game that a reskin of diablo 3 monetized worse than asian gatcha games.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I bet they took every possible monetization idea/tactic and built the game around it.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Really seems the drop rates are pretty low aside from the guaranteed legendary for the first orange mob kill.....granted I haven't been no-lifing it but idk, even the ones I do get end up being barely upgrades at level 60.

Pretty much just logging in and doing the featured dungeon and then logging out already, lasted me like 10 days tops.

It's a shame because it really could be a great game but they purposely designed around monetization even after the clusterfuck that D3 was at launch.....oh well plenty of good games on the horizon.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He needs to get over Diablo Immortal.

3 or 4 weeks of "Final thoughts" ? Fuck off.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
He needs to get over Diablo Immortal.

3 or 4 weeks of "Final thoughts" ? Fuck off.

All he does is milk bullshit and click bait. Hard to blame him though because that's what retards and dipshits love to watch. If we were smart we would make 7 figures reacting to other people's videos instead of doing real work.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Goonsquad Officer
Asmon has a goon that makes click bait youtube videos. Yhst guy gets a cut of thr videos so he will make a dozen videos from one stream to get them tube bucks

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

Saw this article pop through and could not stop laughing.

"All purchases have been used in some form. This means that the refunds will withdraw all eternal orbs from those purchases, meaning they go into negative orbs," Blizzard support informed one player who had requested a refund.

"This will prevent you from playing in a party, equipping items and salvaging until you purchase enough orbs again to get out of the negative."

The negative balance is account-wide

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Maybe ARPG MMO's just aren't your thing.

Ifk it definitely could be my getting older but I don't think D3 made me wait 2-3 days to increase my combat rating like 5-10 points, who knows I am pretty much holding off to see if they make any changes. I don't HATE the game, just wish certain things were done a bit differently if that makes sense.

I also don't want to become uber overnight but I think there's a fairer middle ground if you don't plan to spend money. 🤷‍♀️

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Like was said above, D3 is a "classic" arpg that you play solo if you like and at your pace.

DI is some Lost Ark style MMO with action combat that comes with a pile of timers, events at set hours, mandatory multiplayer, focus on pvp and so on. All to keep you on the treadmill daily and maximize your exposure to their shop.

That they re-used D3 basic gameplay and even visuals is a brilliant move to get a mostly clueless western audience to wander into mobile cashgrab hell without even noticing, because the early impressions are so similar to a game they already know.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Saw this article pop through and could not stop laughing.

"All purchases have been used in some form. This means that the refunds will withdraw all eternal orbs from those purchases, meaning they go into negative orbs," Blizzard support informed one player who had requested a refund.

"This will prevent you from playing in a party, equipping items and salvaging until you purchase enough orbs again to get out of the negative."

The negative balance is account-wide
I'm a big fan of gamified indentured servitude. I hope Blizzard also wins a court case to garnish wages from dumbfucks who not only blow $$$ on DI but then change their mind and get a refund.