Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I mean sure. I find mobile games, as a whole, just suck. I can't believe people spend time, let alone money, on them. Tiny screen, shitty controls, shallow gaming, poor battery life....I could go on.

With that being said, DI is probably one of the better ones Graphics are good for a mobile, gameplay is OK, still shallow compared to things you can play on console or PC.

So is this a game you can play for free, log on once in a while when you are bored? Absolutely. In fact, the better part of the game is probably the 1-60 levelling. Things really slow down and become a monotonous grind once you are into the Paragon levels.

But for FUCKS SAKE, DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS GAME. Play it for free. Do not reward them even a penny for their predatory, pernicious behavior. If DI turns out to be a big hit, other companies are going to look into making more games like DI. This is going to affect the PC, console, and mobile gaming platforms adversely.
This is my "sitting on the crapper" game now lol

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
PvP is either currently broken or DI devs one upped their record retardation with how rating and matchmaking works. Because some servers managed to overthrow the Immortals and others didn’t, some servers had their PvP rank reset while others are still ongoing. However, the game still matches people who were reset as if they haven’t been. This means Bronze 1 are now being matched with Legendary Top 1-10% and because of this, anyone who is several tiers above Bronze who goes against Bronze will only receive +0-5 rating on a win even if MVP and a whopping -50 or more rating penalty on a loss. Huge whales are now being sent down the ladder trapped in lower ranks with almost no way to progress back up making the experience miserable for everyone.

Blizzard/DI Devs have yet to even officially acknowledge the issue, much like the other half dozen serious game breaking bugs and exploits currently going on. Can’t wait for all the surprises awaiting us for D4’s release.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
PvP is either currently broken or DI devs one upped their record retardation with how rating and matchmaking works. Because some servers managed to overthrow the Immortals and others didn’t, some servers had their PvP rank reset while others are still ongoing. However, the game still matches people who were reset as if they haven’t been. This means Bronze 1 are now being matched with Legendary Top 1-10% and because of this, anyone who is several tiers above Bronze who goes against Bronze will only receive +0-5 rating on a win even if MVP and a whopping -50 or more rating penalty on a loss. Huge whales are now being sent down the ladder trapped in lower ranks with almost no way to progress back up making the experience miserable for everyone.

Blizzard/DI Devs have yet to even officially acknowledge the issue, much like the other half dozen serious game breaking bugs and exploits currently going on. Can’t wait for all the surprises awaiting us for D4’s release.
I wonder what the team is like for this.

Did they outsource everything and there's a Chinese team in a Chinese office doing bugfixing and new content independently?

Was initial development done in China and now everything has moved to Blizzard HQ?

Hybrid of the two and everything has to go through translators and Blizzard's glacial management?

I feel like it's in maintenance mode already, they gotta announce some new content this month as promise and it gotta be good.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what the team is like for this.

Did they outsource everything and there's a Chinese team in a Chinese office doing bugfixing and new content independently?

Was initial development done in China and now everything has moved to Blizzard HQ?

Hybrid of the two and everything has to go through translators and Blizzard's glacial management?

I feel like it's in maintenance mode already, they gotta announce some new content this month as promise and it gotta be good.

I'm still enjoying the game but yeah, if they don't release a content patch this month I think the game is dead in the water. They can't go their usual 6-12 month content cycle and expect this game to last

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have one question for this game. Can you play the game completely for free, or do you HAVE to spend money at some point to do anything?

I'm not really big on mobile games, but a new Diablo is kind of intriguing. I hate that it's not on PC or even console, but if I can play it a little here and there on my phone completely for free, I might add it to my list of apps on my phone that I "sometimes" click on when I am bored.

The game itself really isnt good. I've kinda changed my tune on it, but even if it were completely free its a 6/10 at best. And yes, you can play completely for free if you want to. Just don't do anything competitive.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The game itself really isnt good. I've kinda changed my tune on it, but even if it were completely free its a 6/10 at best. And yes, you can play completely for free if you want to. Just don't do anything competitive.

It really gets repetitive once you get to H2.......I play an hour or two a day and I've been at 1800ish for the past 4 days.

Part of me gets frustrated, but then I also realize that even when I get the required CR I'll just be doing the exact same stuff in a harder difficulty. I really hope they have a bigger plan down the road but I doubt it.

(Yes, I've played Diablo before but its like they gave me ALL of their strange, convoluted systems before level 60 and there is nothing to look forward to. Not to mention all of the daily limits they give that actually discourages playing for long sessions, it's just so bizarre)

It's a fucking Diablo game, let me farm without penalty for hours and I shouldn't be gimped strictly because of my CR, if my damage and armor is good enough why do I have such a heavy penalty?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is my "sitting on the crapper" game now lol

Which class? Some classes are much better suited to mobile/mindless farming than others.

As a mobile game, the grind becomes a little more tolerable with mobile control. Although still requiring the hours of a traditional MMO to progress past Hell 3.

I'm paragon 93 at the moment and 2267 CR. I have 0 legendary gems of any significance. When you go against someone with 4-5 legendary gems with on-hit effect status and procs, you stand no chance because of the gem output. Gem special effects accounts for up to half of a whale's passive damage output in some instances.

Your chance of getting any of these gems, even if you spend money, is almost nil. There are enough garbage gems in the lootbox to make sure you have to really get lucky to get even 1 good gem you can use. Therefore platinum becomes the only way to get meaningful gems. Lower tier gems are around 50,000 plat at the moment. Elite gems with big effects go for around 300,000 platinum right now.

It comes out to about 100$ for a normal 2 star,3 star with nice effects. And around 300 dollars to 500 $ for 1 gem of great significance.

Platinum remains the only viable way to acquire gems of significance. Black market platinum is available via the usual places, however this is priced almost exactly in line with Blizzard's prices.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blizzard's current system of "1 legendary gem chance per month for FTP players" only works if the lootbox is limited to gems people might care about (gems you might use and equip).

That's where the problem is. The lootbox isn't enough of a chance to get even a 2 star gem that you can use. It's filled with a dozen trash gems you could possibly get. I'm not saying you should get a big chance at a BIS gem just from 1 crest. But almost no chance at all at for a gem you can equip??? With a dozen unusuable gems that you would never equip on the loot list? That's bad design. Whales don't like it and neither does FTP.

If they don't lift the time-gate on Legendary crest purchases via hilts this month, right now, in July.....I think that the game is immediately dead as it's a signal of bad-faith decision making.

That's the change people want to see the most. Whales like free stuff too guys. That guy spending 10k would use the hilt system to get 5,6,7,8 more crests a month if he could. And if the change was added, he would gladly take it. The entire game wants more chances on these abysmal lootboxes.

The lootboxes are so ass that they've never been accurately described by any YouTube commentator. It's real bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But for FUCKS SAKE, DO NOT SPEND A DIME ON THIS GAME. Play it for free. Do not reward them even a penny for their predatory, pernicious behavior. If DI turns out to be a big hit, other companies are going to look into making more games like DI. This is going to affect the PC, console, and mobile gaming platforms adversely.

Adding onto this. If you are that guy that NEEDS to spend money on trash to enjoy it-- do it with an RMT outlet from China. Plenty of websites carrying several million in platinum. All servers have overstock (the game demand for RMT is very low)

Don't contribute to Blizzard's bottom line. Cut them out. Pay a farmer in a mudhut.

Last edited:

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Which class? Some classes are much better suited to mobile/mindless farming than others.
I've only ever played 1 class on the game; wizard (or what ever they call it). I do not play competitively at all. I'm just following the quests and nuking shit. I honestly couldn't care less if I had the worst gear of anyone in the game. It's just something I pick up, nuke some undead, and then do something else.

Like I said, its one of the games I play while sitting on the pot. Right now my two go to mobile games for when I am on the crapper are Diablo Immortal and Retro Bowl, and I have to say that I have sunk much more time in to Retro Bowl by far. For a simple football game, it's fucking fun.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've only ever played 1 class on the game; wizard (or what ever they call it). I do not play competitively at all. I'm just following the quests and nuking shit. I honestly couldn't care less if I had the worst gear of anyone in the game. It's just something I pick up, nuke some undead, and then do something else.

Like I said, its one of the games I play while sitting on the pot. Right now my two go to mobile games for when I am on the crapper are Diablo Immortal and Retro Bowl, and I have to say that I have sunk much more time in to Retro Bowl by far. For a simple football game, it's fucking fun.

Monk is one of the better mobile classes for example. Mindless gap-closer that's available on every single pack.

Range classes don't lend themselves as much to the mindless mobile experience as say Monk or Barbarian. I see you are in the questing phase. I'm referring to the end stage grind, as I'm on the bleeding edge of the end game.

I don't believe I would main Wizard if I made a full mobile transition.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I was at 1980 or so and found a H3 dungeon group that just needed a 4th and 3 set items instantly junped me up to 2118, then I beat Challenge rift 60 and got a slight jewelry upgrade to bump me over 2120.

I figure I'll grind a few days until H3 loses its appeal and then wait and see if they have any actual good ideas for.updates.

As it stands now, once I make it to the point every legendary isnt an upgrade I think I'm pretty much done. Highly doubt H4 is possible as a F2P and the current content is pretty boring as it stands, the thrill of possible upgrades goes away pretty quickly when a full week goes by without a single "extraordinary find" being better then what I had on. (That was my H2 situation until I landed the H3 group)

I'm actually thinking about getting D3 for PS5 and showing the wife what Diablo is SUPPOSED to be like, she would love it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Diablo 3 isn't really what Diablo is supposed to be like either. Get her D2:R or PoE.

Not saying Diablo 3 isn't fun, but it's different from D2 in some base concepts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Diablo 3 isn't really what Diablo is supposed to be like either. Get her D2:R or PoE.

Not saying Diablo 3 isn't fun, but it's different from D2 in some base concepts.
You're probably right.....i did play D2 but its been a very long time, I just know that launch D3 was a steaming pile of auction house BS and then they made a pretty decent game. Maybe D2 would be the move for both of us!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm in gold II rank pvp right now. MVP 7 games in a row with no real sign of slowing down. I know Legend rank is a lot different.

Whales bring heat but get dealt with. I'm one of the rising top guns in the game right now as FTP, and therefore I'll continue playing for the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1657943381762.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just wanted to clarify what I meant by "MVP".........I'm snapping fucking necks.

21 kills 13 assists = translation: there wasn't a single play in the match I wasn't on. I was singlehandedly responsible for the enemy team's demise, each enemy, at almost every second of the game.

And this is just one Gold match out of several where I'm destroying. I still MVP in games when whales are present although my ratio goes down.

FTP can play this game. I know Skinner Skinner is making things happen in Legend on his necro.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just wanted to clarify what I meant by "MVP".........I'm snapping fucking necks.

21 kills 13 assists = translation: there wasn't a single play in the match I wasn't on. I was singlehandedly responsible for the enemy team's demise, each enemy, at almost every second of the game.

And this is just one Gold match out of several where I'm destroying. I still MVP in games when whales are present although my ratio goes down.

FTP can play this game. I know Skinner Skinner is making things happen in Legend on his necro.
I did all this pages ago lol

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I did all this pages ago lol

Yes and no. Crusader isn't going to be able to MVP 7-8 games in a row in Gold first of all. We aren't just talking about 1 game. I've built a consistent pattern at this point of making the game unfun to play for other players, all as a FTP.

I'm also 2443 CR now. I believe you stopped playing around 1400 or so, possibly earlier. I'm also 4set equipped. I don't believe you reached 4set at this time.

You did do it real big in Silver early on at release however-- some weeks ago.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes and no. Crusader isn't going to be able to MVP 7-8 games in a row in Gold first of all. We aren't just talking about 1 game. I've built a consistent pattern at this point of making the game unfun to play for other players, all as a FTP.

I'm also 2443 CR now. I believe you stopped playing around 1400 or so, possibly earlier. I'm also 4set equipped. I don't believe you reached 4set at this time.

You did do it real big in Silver early on at release however-- some weeks ago.
What is your class and strategy?

I could kill loads of people and not die but if moron teammates couldn't do objectives I would get MVP and lose.