Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The weirdest thing about it is them drawing the diagrams about eye distances and trying to explain why they would pick left side for TV and middle for PC.

View attachment 251620

No matter the distance your eyes are from the screen there will always be a further distance tomove your eyes to the corner from the center of the screen, since the eye would travel along the hypotenuse vs the short side:

View attachment 251621

Ultimately I don't care about the location (I'd prefer center) but their reasoning makes no sense at all. These are the people designing D4? Does Blizzard have any talent left?

Doh, why not jsut put in an option to have both? I bet they spent like a million dollars on this "eye" study too, those fucktards. Its one of the reasons hard core ARPG palyers like to have life bars over the players heads so they dont have to move their eyes away from their characters at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a hard time believing anyone that’s written in these blogs has played a single arpg outside of their assigned 1-70 d3 session after Diversity at Blizzard sessions.
They have proved with the blog that they know that ARPGs have a UI, have monsters and that monsters have different abilities. Groundbreaking stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They have proved with the blog that they know that ARPGs have a UI, have monsters and that monsters have different abilities. Groundbreaking stuff.
They don't have any game designers left so they thought they'd teach themselves how while they make the game.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
They don't have any game designers left so they thought they'd teach themselves how while they make the game.
Best thing is that they did this with Diablo 3 as well, they posted a video about how they had to learn procedural generation from scratch and how hard it was.

I think they just put WoW quest designers on it because they fired the Diablo 2 people who knew how to make a randomised game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
We already knew that it would be hard for this to beat PoE2, but with more than a year head start GGG is just going to obliterate them.

I don't think that will be much of an issue if they release the game mid season. Most ARPGs have seasons now, and I fully expect Diablo 4 to have it as well. If POE1/2 and Diablo 4 are both on three month cycles and they release their seasons 1.5 months apart, players should be able to move between them fairly easily.

I think the bigger problem with taking so long is that within two years, you'll also have Last Epoch (which seems good, Ziz certainly has hopes for it) and you might even get an English version of Lost Ark by then. Diablo is undoubtedly a big enough name to steal players from any competitor, but only if the game is actually better than the competition.

However, if 2+ games other than POE gets to establish themselves in the market with a year or two of content updates as well before D4 even launch their base game, it might be harder to maintain decent numbers. That's on PC though. On consoles, I think Diablo 4 will shoot right to the top regardless of competition as my guess is that it is being made for consoles and ported to PC and not the other way around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'll guess 2023 release date, and am sort of hoping it is DOA. These greedy fecks need to get hit, and hit hard for the direction they've taken the company these past few years. Their unveil was the biggest joke I've ever seen in gaming. They literally were begging streamers and attendees for advice on how to make the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'll guess 2023 release date, and am sort of hoping it is DOA. These greedy fecks need to get hit, and hit hard for the direction they've taken the company these past few years. Their unveil was the biggest joke I've ever seen in gaming. They literally were begging streamers and attendees for advice on how to make the game.
I agree, but we'll all buy it. We always do

• 3Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So when they don't ask for opinions on how make the game they are idiots for not asking the community but when they do, they are idiots for asking.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So when they don't ask for opinions on how make the game they are idiots for not asking the community but when they do, they are idiots for asking.
You ask the community for feedback on systems that are material in order to see if as a developer you've overlooked something or it's fun or not.

You don't ask the community to design your entire loot system for you. You've completely fucked up if you're crowdsourcing the bulk of your game's internal workings from reddit and streamers, indicating that you have no talent left at your shell of a company or anybody with any passion in the project you are undertaking.

But you wouldn't understand.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users