Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What Caeden Caeden said. Enjoy your full priced plus mtx game. D4 has some high expectations on that alone and asking "idk, what do u think?" isn't a way to meet them.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don’t get me wrong. I hope above hope that d4 is fucking amazing. The cinematic they showed gave me a raging hardon. I have well over 700 hours in d3. I’m sure there’s plenty here that beat that and then some. Legion in WoW is among my most favorite MMO xpacs. They still have gamers. They still sometimes put out something great. Just between BFA and other patterns that are more apparent, my expectations are not very high now.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They’ve had years to work on DIV but they’re asking the player base right now what kind of mechanics they want to see in this game.

There is no way to spin this positively to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to murder entire screens full of fucking fallen, goatmen, and demon spawn. If I once ever enter an area that feels like I'm in an apocalypse with 0 mobs found (quite a few rifts like this) i'm out.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I want to murder entire screens full of fucking fallen, goatmen, and demon spawn. If I once ever enter an area that feels like I'm in an apocalypse with 0 mobs found (quite a few rifts like this) i'm out.

I went back before PoE blight league and played d3 for a few days and I’d say that was the most striking thing. You could go rooms and see like 2 monsters.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right, its one thing if its a 2 room rift (hell level is a common one) that has trash + 2 packs of rares, but there's an act 5 map thats ridiculously large and has 1 mob every 100 feet. Tone down exp gains if needed, or allow mods so people can X-Max it, but give me carnage damnit.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Glad to see that the devs are finally listening to the playerbase. Communication with the devs is much better. Let's hope they continue this trend and we may once again have a good Diablo game.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They aren't listening to the player base. They are asking for suggestions and when enough people suggest something they are already doing, they will jump for joy and let them know that they are bringing it in (while it was planned the whole time).

If you think they are doing interactive development I have a bridge in NYC to sell you. That's all smoke and mirrors.

• 1Salty

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They aren't listening to the player base. They are asking for suggestions and when enough people suggest something they are already doing, they will jump for joy and let them know that they are bringing it in (while it was planned the whole time).

If you think they are doing interactive development I have a bridge in NYC to sell you. That's all smoke and mirrors.
They might also be testing the waters for stuff that gets poor reception/stuff people say they absolutely don't want, so they don't end up with another RMAH on their hands.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They made a killing with the RMAH. I thought they canned it because they were at risk of being taxed excessively on it by the euros or something.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't get the hate on the RMAH. Like who gives a flying fuck if some random dude paid a g note for a primal CoE.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You don't hate the RMAH, you hate the garbage gear system designed to maximize profit cuts via the RMAH. It's a matter of incentivizing bad game design.

Of course, it's post-2010 blizzard, they'll do bad game design regardless.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What if the game was free and their cut of the RMAH paid for all costs associated with D4?

• 1Dislike

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I still don't get the hate on the RMAH. Like who gives a flying fuck if some random dude paid a g note for a primal CoE.

It affected every single game decision and made itemization a nightmare. everyone was effected by rmah negativley except blizzard

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'd say Blizzard was impacted. Killed off a large portion of one of their franchises. Years later still having an impact on at least Diablo and making money from it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say Blizzard was impacted. Killed off a large portion of one of their franchises. Years later still having an impact on at least Diablo and making money from it.
Eh, maybe, they made a lot of money short term and while in the middle it might have gotten a bit rougher because of it, it's been long enough most people don't care anymore and they "fixed" D3 too. D3 still see good amounts of people whenever they start a new league and the expansion sold well too so the franchise is certainly not dead by any means. If they had released more expansions instead of... whatever the fuck they did, or didn't do in this case I guess, they probably would have kept making money off the game.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
OK, D3 is not dead and brings in people for a new season. How is Blizzard making money on that other than a few new game sales? They have little spurts of making money with an expansion and a new character but I'm guessing they are sitting around trying to figure out how to monetize playing D4 pretty hard, hopefully.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the thing about itemization in an ARPG, progression is mostly psychological.

At launch, getting all the items you wanted took some time, getting them rolled well took more time. You were probably well geared and pushing past the lazy crowd in 2 to 3 months.

Now you get you base gear in 2 hours and can smash the highest difficulty on day 1 of a season with no effort. Getting your items to be all ancients that are rolled well takes some time. You are probably well geared and pushing past the lazy crowd in 2 to 3 months.

The game now is like a mobile game. You have enough energy to make stupid fast advances in the beginning and then it levels off and there is very little distance separating the middle of the pack and the top end. The difference between launch and now is they hand you everything at a base level and then you ha e to work for it as opposed to working for it in the first place.

The RMAH didn't effect anything. The goal posts just moved. And guess what? My friends list has already started to Peter off this season, which I guess is longer then most seasons due to the two new sets. Removing the RMAH didn't really make people play longer. It just allowed them to go deeper easier.