Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

khorum

Murder Apologist
are you kidding me... AH = management says we need to rake in the RMT... now the lead designer is responsible for implementing that. he can either push back a little bit or yes man it. dumb down version of a game = accessibilty = management says we need to market to as many people as possible... now the lead designer is responsible for implementing that. he can either put some of his own ideas around while still doing his job then thats not micro managing... PM lol

LMAO You're a fucking retard.

The game directors (equivalent of project managers) for Diablo 3 was Jay Wilson and then Josh Mosqueira, and both have been gone from Blizzard even before D4's development reportedly began. And sure enough, while they were there, they ___DID___ shut down the RMAH despite how much money it was making Blizzard. And that was FIVE YEARS AGO.

Those are facts. Those are useful data to construct a reasonable argument with. Kinda like you can point to the artwork in D4 and whine about how dark it is and how it makes your FORTNITE-loving feefees all hurty. Or how it's so gross and bloody and Lillith's design is obviously tilted to provoke the male gaze and to shame fat girls into starving themselves.

Armed with extant, relevant information, like the reams of stuff that came out of blizzcon you don't need to speculate on why one Dev's involvement in a prior blizzard game is going to be more detrimental in a project FULL of developers who likewise worked on prior blizzard games, all of which you're just as likely to whine incessantly about.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
LMAO You're a fucking retard.

The game directors (equivalent of project managers) for Diablo 3 was Jay Wilson and then Josh Mosqueira, and both have been gone from Blizzard even before D4's development reportedly began. And sure enough, while they were there, they ___DID___ shut down the RMAH despite how much money it was making Blizzard. And that was FIVE YEARS AGO.

Those are facts. Those are useful data to construct a reasonable argument with. Kinda like you can point to the artwork in D4 and whine about how dark it is and how it makes your FORTNITE-loving feefees all hurty. Or how it's so gross and bloody and Lillith's design is obviously tilted to provoke the male gaze and to shame fat girls into starving themselves.

Armed with extant, relevant information, like the reams of stuff that came out of blizzcon you don't need to speculate on why one Dev's involvement in a prior blizzard game is going to be more detrimental in a project FULL of developers who likewise worked on prior blizzard games, all of which you're just as likely to whine incessantly about.

think you're the retarded 1... never said any of those things, never played fortinite in my life, dont give a fuck what Lillith looks like.

i know RMAH was taken out hence why i said original designer... it's a pretty simple concept... execs need a product that they can monetize, so the ideas that get implemented are based on higher management's ideas passed on to lead designers that then promote a vision based on those ideas

• 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
i know RMAH was taken out hence why i said original designer... it's a pretty simple concept... execs need a product that they can monetize, so the ideas that get implemented are based on higher management's ideas passed on to lead designers that then promote a vision based on those ideas
You have no idea of what you're talking about, dumbfuck. You're just embarassing yourself with that puerile view of project "management" LMFAO. It's got nothing to do with what the job entails and even LESS to do with what happened to D3's RMAH.

Jay Wilson has gone on at length about how they came to include the RMAH---it was to provide a controlled way for players to trade stuff with RMT and not get scammed constantly like what happened in d2----and he's given talks and interviews about the decision to shut it down. And they announced its shutdown less than a year after D3's release. It wasn't for some bullshit need to make even more money, though it did, since D3 was the best-selling PC game at the time and would remain so for years until minecraft and pubg eventually overtook it.

Those are even MORE facts. You can use them to construct durable arguments that will survive sober scrutiny, as opposed to the cringey, incoherent IDIOCY you've polluted this thread with so far.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'd play D2 again if I still had the account. I'm not paying $20 for it. I lost my CD's and whatever account info I used at the time.

Try /r/slashdiablo. Emu server that allows 4 boxing and map hacks. No bots allowed. You might not need to buy another key.

Haven't played there in a few years but it's still up and running.

• 1Picard

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Try /r/slashdiablo. Emu server that allows 4 boxing and map hacks. No bots allowed. You might not need to buy another key.

Haven't played there in a few years but it's still up and running.
If you get the real game try it with this mod.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've all fallen for the "52 Pick Up" once in our lives. And once for the "Alt-F4" thing too. It's nothing to be ashamed of! Provided it is only the once, of course.

I tried 52 pick up on my kid and he just snorted in disgust and walked away. Fucking kids these days, no respect.

The first virus I ever got on a computer was from downloading a “trainer” or whatever they were called so I could modify my characters stats outside the game. Someone was talking to me with error window pop ups and after freaking me the fuck out told me how to delete it from my computer.

• 1Worf

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
If you get the real game try it with this mod.

I tried a previous version of this and it felt a bit overwhelming with the changes, primarily with the skill changes. I think a little over a year ago. But seems like it had potential, just not my thing at the time. Did they improve on that?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I tried a previous version of this and it felt a bit overwhelming with the changes, primarily with the skill changes. I think a little over a year ago. But seems like it had potential, just not my thing at the time. Did they improve on that?

I have played it briefly up to the end of Act II with a Barb and it IS overwhelming. It's clunky but there are some interesting changes in there with EVERYTHING if you are willing to take the time. But you need to take the time. In this respect, it is like PoE Diablo because you have to watch videos and read Wikis to really get into the game.

The first thing I noticed was that drops are worthless, so vacuuming them up to sell for gold is now defunct. It is a deep reflex for me in D2 though, in early game.

To even start you need to know - your build plan, weapon and armor base ideals for your build/class, early crafting goals (runewords), at the very least.

I am 50/50 on it, but I have not given it nearly enough hours to have any sort of final judgement. But be prepared to research to play. Or at least to play to "end game" and not as a filthy casual!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t really pay attention to much lore in ARPGs but after reading you nerds argue back and forth about it I realize I basically know nothing about diablo lore. Way less than I thought I knew. Like I recognized a couple main NPC names and that’s fucking it. I am ashamed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I don’t really pay attention to much lore in ARPGs but after reading you nerds argue back and forth about it I realize I basically know nothing about diablo lore. Way less than I thought I knew. Like I recognized a couple main NPC names and that’s fucking it. I am ashamed.

Is Diablo the hero or the bad guy?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
sweet, so they're going to let the loudest gamer retards on the forums/media dictate the game to them. this is going to be fine

In fairness, D3 is what happened when they didn't.

Also, I have full confidence that this community can rise to the occasion and be the loudest group of retards on the internet.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In fairness, D3 is what happened when they didn't.

Also, I have full confidence that this community can rise to the occasion and be the loudest group of retards on the internet.

d3 was a fun ass ride the first couple years I don't care what any one says, from the AH transitioning into non-AH. Man what a roller coaster

i'm not saying d4 is going to be bad, but gamers are becoming more and more retarded and listening to them is an 'at your own risk' scenario

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
d3 was a fun ass ride the first couple years I don't care what any one says, from the AH transitioning into non-AH. Man what a roller coaster

i'm not saying d4 is going to be bad, but gamers are becoming more and more retarded and listening to them is an 'at your own risk' scenario

IDK bro, have you seen what the retards working on WOW cooked up in response to years of bitching about Titanforging by the community?

It's a loot system that is objectively more retarded and worse.

• 1Solidarity

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
A lot of companies these days listen to streamers for game balancing. It's infuriating that they are such a minority in the grand scheme of things, but because they have a sub button on twitch they are lead designers.

• 2Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
IDK bro, have you seen what the retards working on WOW cooked up in response to years of bitching about Titanforging by the community?

It's a loot system that is objectively more retarded and worse.

I don't follow it but I can imagine