Die Hard 5- A Good Day to Die Hard.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I just Read that Bruce was given a Lifetime supply of Ensure to make this.

Also just Heard the offical Sponor of the new movie is the AARP.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'd hesitate to call this film a disappointment, because honestly one shouldn't honestly expect to see another Die Hard 1 or 3 but it definitely fell short of those benchmarks. It had plenty of throwbacks other Die Hards to make a fan happy but it certainly failed to live up to the legacy. Average action film. Wait for video.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Worth to watch for free. Glad I didn't have to pay. Not enough throw backs, a few more one liners could've made all the difference.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They started by writing out all of the action scenes they wanted first, then tried to connect the dots, then inserted McClanes. The villains were bad, the situations were bad, the story was bad, and the cheeziness factor was cranked on Awkward 9.5.

Pretend it isn't a Die Hard movie, but the only action movie they dare to put in theaters for months.

Merrith

I thought it was awesome. Shitton of action and a good amount of laughs.
It did enough to check off a few Die Hard staples to be worth my money, but it isn't re-writing the order of best Die Hards by any stretch (although I'm a weird one who think people hate on 2 too much). Didn't mind his son too much, although I thought he was better in Jack Reacher (not saying too much). Clearly he isn't going to "carry the franchise" or whatever though. This was clearly another chance to cash in on the name since the last one actually wasn't terrible.

Malakriss

Die Hard with a Vengeance was on earlier today and I think comparing 3 to 5 really highlights the deficiencies in writing these days. For example, even starting at the bottom it would be a joke to compare the Russian cab driver to the dump truck driver. You actually got names and personalities for non-main characters whether they were good guys or bad guys. You had supporting cast helpers like Argyle or Warlock, annoying assholes like Thornburg and Lorenzo. There were secondary subplots like the cops outside the tower, his wife stuck on the airplane, searching every school in the city, etc etc.

Point-to-point and don't even color in between the lines, that is today's writers.

Nazlug

Trakanon Raider
Just saw this tonight , and besides the initial car (armored truck) chase scene I thought it was pretty good. That chase seemed to last way too long. Now I have to say a friend and I go almost every weekend to the movies for time away from wives, so I do see a lot of movies just to go see them. I liked the play they tried to make with the father/son and father/daughter relationships with the 3 main characters also.

Overall a thumbs up from me! Go see if you have a couple hours to kill, but don't expect revolutionary cinema.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Why did they get someone who looks like he couldn't spell his own name to play McClaine Jr?

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just watched it and was pretty disappointed overall. Its Die Hard 2 calibre. The writing was terrible, the one liners were meh and the son was alot better in Spartacus then in this. No chance of him carrying the franchise. And the safehouse shootout was laughable.

Merrith

Its Die Hard 2 calibre.
So much hate for 2. I still find it the best one to watch on TV after 1 nowadays. I think I need to watch 3 about 5 times in a row to understand the love people give to it now.