Digger (2026)

spronk

FPS noob
25,079
31,777
reviews are out, not looking good for tom

1790773189622.png


 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,233
10,921
Tom foos was on Graham Norton last Friday promoting this, it's one weird ass looking movie. I did not like the directors other stuff. I thought 'Birdman' was an actual joke. I'll at least start watching this but doubt I'll finish it.
 

Caliane

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
17,015
15,837


I was wondering why THIS would be ragged on so much, by the leftist shills who have done nothing but double down, and praise the wall to wall propaganda. How is this possibly a bridge too far, when "don't look up" exists and was praised. and shit like mickey 17 exists.

Apparently there is a big twist. I see several people in comments mentioning this. everything in the trailer is a play. the satire is actually a satire on the media.

You know, Funny thing about this is. The story is not even an environmental story. The entire thing revolves around an oil tycoon drilling into the arctics only to Somehow Dislodge an content sized iceberg into the water. Thus threatening to sink europ. How, that would happen as wouldn't the ice already be in the water? It don't even matter as this isn't even the story. 30 minutes in its revealed that this entire thing is a meta commentary. As the entire movie is about a stage show. Where Digger isn't an actual person but an actor playing a character name digger. and its actual about media spinning and bla bla bla. Its not even a Disaster movie. It is just some Meta commentary about climate change. No wonder why everyone is saying its up its fucking ass.
 

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
35,442
105,371
I liked Birdman but Birdman had a budget of like 1/10th of this.

I read that Tom Cruise wanted this to be his Synecdoche, New York (film by Charlie Kaufman, never saw it) which is a movie that he loves and also sounds like it was kind of up its own ass.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,300
45,130
I liked Birdman but Birdman had a budget of like 1/10th of this.

I read that Tom Cruise wanted this to be his Synecdoche, New York (film by Charlie Kaufman, never saw it) which is a movie that he loves and also sounds like it was kind of up its own ass.
I didn't realize it was the same guy who did Birdman. Actually went on a date with my wife prior to us getting together I guess when it came out up there in Charleston.

I still stand behind my opinion that this looks like a weird Wes Anderson type thing and maybe one day I'll watch it but it's not on the list.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
7,053
5,391
Goddamn this was weird.

It's going to be hard to say it's good to anyone, because it's going to be a Wes Anderson-style acquired taste. Certainly not my kind of movie, but it was propped up by a cast I like a lot.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,300
45,130
Goddamn this was weird.

It's going to be hard to say it's good to anyone, because it's going to be a Wes Anderson-style acquired taste. Certainly not my kind of movie, but it was propped up by a cast I like a lot.
Did you just get done watching it, and was my initial assessment based on the trailer that it's like a Wes Anderson movie true?