You know, Funny thing about this is. The story is not even an environmental story. The entire thing revolves around an oil tycoon drilling into the arctics only to Somehow Dislodge an content sized iceberg into the water. Thus threatening to sink europ. How, that would happen as wouldn't the ice already be in the water? It don't even matter as this isn't even the story. 30 minutes in its revealed that this entire thing is a meta commentary. As the entire movie is about a stage show. Where Digger isn't an actual person but an actor playing a character name digger. and its actual about media spinning and bla bla bla. Its not even a Disaster movie. It is just some Meta commentary about climate change. No wonder why everyone is saying its up its fucking ass.
I didn't realize it was the same guy who did Birdman. Actually went on a date with my wife prior to us getting together I guess when it came out up there in Charleston.I liked Birdman but Birdman had a budget of like 1/10th of this.
I read that Tom Cruise wanted this to be his Synecdoche, New York (film by Charlie Kaufman, never saw it) which is a movie that he loves and also sounds like it was kind of up its own ass.
Did you just get done watching it, and was my initial assessment based on the trailer that it's like a Wes Anderson movie true?Goddamn this was weird.
It's going to be hard to say it's good to anyone, because it's going to be a Wes Anderson-style acquired taste. Certainly not my kind of movie, but it was propped up by a cast I like a lot.
Did you just get done watching it, and was my initial assessment based on the trailer that it's like a Wes Anderson movie true?
I just got home from watching it, yeah, and I'd agree with that.
Surprised critics hated this. I enjoyed it.
I actually might watch this now.Critics hated it because they thought it was a climate change awareness movie and it just was not that at all lol. Its a meta commentary about people who went to see this because they thought it was a climate change awareness movie and its actually kind of amazing lol. Cruise addressing the EU Parliament on the rotating platform and half of them are mannequins fucking sent me.
Yes its good. Yes its pretentious and artsy and going 100mph. But Tom Cruise bought the fuck in and its amazing lol
