Disney+ Streaming Service

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
How could netflix pricing be any better? For $12 a month, your entire family and the neighborhood where every family member lives or ever lived gets access. If you're having trouble making the payment, maybe pass the hat. Get everyone to pay for a month each up front.
Only up to two screens at a time tho

khorum

Murder Apologist
Everything non-PG/PG-13 will be on Hulu. Lots of Fox stuff on Disney+, from Malcolm in the Middle to The Simpsons.

But what happens to Aliens franchise stuff? Predator is on Fox and it's not like they could show R-Rated Deadpool stuff on anything with the Disney brand on it.

I suppose they could just expand hulu to include all that but it seems like a dumb choice considering they could've just branded the new streaming service FOX and put Disney shit on it under a FOX KIDS label and come out ahead.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was my original assumption as well - that this new Disney+ was going to have ALL of their library, and just divy it up into sections. You could even PW protect them if you really wanted to. But they are going to put the more adult stuff on Hulu, where they only own 60% of the company? Does not compute. We gotta be missing something here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Only up to two screens at a time tho

Didn't know that. We have a handful of people using ours and it's never been an issue. We sometimes have it on 2 TVs in the same house, so I guess none of the other people just happened to get on at the same time?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't know that. We have a handful of people using ours and it's never been an issue. We sometimes have it on 2 TVs in the same house, so I guess none of the other people just happened to get on at the same time?
I think I am paying $12.99 for two screen views and maybe one mobile plus HD. Lower tier plans like $10 only allow one screen at a time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We might be paying more than 12. It's my wife's account so I don't see the bills.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Related, ATT sold it's stake in Hulu (it's developing it's own service), so the only other backer after Disney's majority stake at 60% is Comcast at 30%.

Fucking hell Comcast, I pay for your overpriced Xfinity and you can't comp me a goddamn Hulu subscription?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
The majority owner of Hulu said Tuesday morning that it has entered into an agreement with Comcast that will allow it to be the controlling shareholder of the streaming service. As part of the agreement, Comcast can require Disney to buy NBCUniversal's interest in Hulu as early as January 2024, and Disney can require NBCU to sell its interest to Disney for its fair market value.

2t6txm.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I hope this is all growing pains of this type of service.

The success and failure thereof- has been Netflix and Hulu covered 90% of "anything you wanted"

Now that we are splintering out to all these separate services etc it is going to get cost prohibited and annoying and also degrade device compatability.

Having tons of "legacy" devices that run Netflix and Hulu is a big thing - all these new services are going to have their own app etc and then need their own development and adoption etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Add another nail to the Netflix coffin. The CW will not renew their deal with Netflix that ends next month. All their shit will be moving to the upcoming Warner streaming service.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Add another nail to the Netflix coffin.

Oh noz! If Netflix goes under, I'll have nowhere to get all the latest shows from India. They added 842 just last week. We can't get this level of quality from just anywhere.

:ravvenn:

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You have to give them credit at least for seeing this coming, and focusing on making their own shit to fill in after everyone took their stuff off of it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Add another nail to the Netflix coffin. The CW will not renew their deal with Netflix that ends next month. All their shit will be moving to the upcoming Warner streaming service.

People don't watch CW so this doesn't really impact Netflix too much.

spronk

FPS noob
all these shows on netflix i've never watched and i'm just watching an episode or two of friends every night (first time)