Disney+ Streaming Service

Fucker

Log Wizard
Her face wasn't made for TV. Rose doesn't have a look.

She has the look of someone who has been passed around from foster home to foster home because no one could stand her.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Kinda shocked they'd brand their streaming service Disney. That would keep a lot of their inventory from off-brand stuff like Miramax and now all the FOX shit off the service or let it affect their family-friendly branding.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Kinda shocked they'd brand their streaming service Disney. That would keep a lot of their inventory from off-brand stuff like Miramax and now all the FOX shit off the service or let it affect their family-friendly branding.

Everything non-PG/PG-13 will be on Hulu. Lots of Fox stuff on Disney+, from Malcolm in the Middle to The Simpsons.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I mean, it's just not only a service for Disney branded content. National Geographic for example has content on it.

• 1Mother of God

Rime

<Donor>
This will pretty much kill Hulu for me, but I will likely keep Netflix up for a while longer.

All hail our Disney overlords.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll keep Hulu for sure there's a lot of other network stuff we watch too.

I mean, as long as I spend under $50 on subs I'm okay with it, still cheaper than cable by a mile.

Hulu w/no commercials - $11.99
Netflix - $13
Disney - $7
HBO - Shared Password - Free
Prime - Would pay for this anyway so I don't include it.
WWE Network - Shared Password - Free

So $32? Whatever, sign me up.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Cable sub here because I’m not a money blood-bag for multinational entertainment goliaths who hate everything about me and my family except our wallets and like to regularly shove that fact in my face.

• 1Salty

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're still a money Blood-bag...you just pay those same entertainment Goliaths (sans Netflix) through inflated prices for networks you'll never watch and pay them indirectly through your cable company instead. At a higher rate.

Which is fine, you do you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Netflix will have a slow bleed of content. I don't remember all of the info but one of the major content providers said that the reason Disney and others began creating their own services and apps was Netflix was caught signing contracts for agreed upon royalties and such and then would raise prices after major contracts were signed essentially widening their profits and sticking it to the other people. Netflix said something about the costs of shows like Stranger Things requiring more money to keep their actors but Disney had mentioned Netflix was not being fair to their content providers or their users. That's just what I remember off the top of my head but i'm Disney will probably raise their prices over time but ultimately they have taken jabs at Netflix this whole way with their prices. Don't forget Disney is also now the majority shareholder of Hulu and they plan on putting all PG-13+ content on Hulu while Disney+ will remain more family friendly. They brought that up when discussing shows like Deadpool. That rated content will be on Hulu.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You're still a money Blood-bag...you just pay those same entertainment Goliaths (sans Netflix) through inflated prices for networks you'll never watch and pay them indirectly through your cable company instead. At a higher rate.

Which is fine, you do you.

My cable company is a la carte bud. I’m not paying anybody I don’t want to.

Well... Treehouse but whatever.

SeanDoe1z1

Behind the scene netflix has some shady deals going on. Was in an awkward moment last year when we were discussing integrated apps on our platform and another companie's CTO got his panties in a bunch when I was discussing a competitor's platform that was already running with it and was basically spilling the beans on why they're technically breaking a lot of rules especially in the hospitality realm.

But what you going to do, 100m+ lawsuits that you will probably lose? Over the top is not regulated and its the wild west out there.

Fadaar

That guy
Netflix is to streaming what Steam is to PC gaming. It's finally happening on both fronts all at once.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My cable company is a la carte bud. I’m not paying anybody I don’t want to.

Well... Treehouse but whatever.

Sure you are. They work deals with companies and end up paying them more to have the option to a la crate. Then they charge you 20% more to cover those costs and then profit.

Still a money blood bag.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If it makes Netflix rethink their pricing, I'm all for it.

How could netflix pricing be any better? For $12 a month, your entire family and the neighborhood where every family member lives or ever lived gets access. If you're having trouble making the payment, maybe pass the hat. Get everyone to pay for a month each up front.