Disney+ Streaming Service

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have a Mulan remux playing in the background right now. There's something about the presentation of it that is quite jarring to me. I think it may be the costumes - they seem kind of plastic and cheap. It's really hard for me "buy into" what the movie is showing and see it as more than actors playing a part.

I feel most of the live actions go this route as it is more friendly to the kids. Too much realism can be scary. I have this problem with Beauty and the Beast, it all looked like something you see on a broadway stage.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I feel most of the live actions go this route as it is more friendly to the kids. Too much realism can be scary. I have this problem with Beauty and the Beast, it all looked like something you see on a broadway stage.
Yeah you may be onto something there. Realism and immersion definitely isn't the angle they took. This is the first Disney live action I've watched so I don't have any basis of comparison.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
The live action Aladdin remake was the same for me. Low production value. They are churning these remakes out like you would expect to see them on the Disney Channel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually enjoyed this Mulan more than the Live action versions of Lion King and Aladdin.

It was different watching a Disney live action conversion with no musical numbers. The story is pretty much what you expect. The down side was that the cartoon did a better job of conveying the characters. There was a nice quick cameo with Ming-Na Wen(May in Agents of Shield). Its always fun to watch Ip Man showing how it is done.The Christina Aguilera version of reflection was very well done.

6.5/10 ---- So not bad.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A live action Aladdin or similar movie hinges on the casting. They assembled a TV show cast including the fresh prince painted blue and the hot arabian princess ended up being someone from the Charlie's Angels remake.

That doesn't work.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I actually enjoyed this Mulan more than the Live action versions of Lion King and Aladdin.

It was different watching a Disney live action conversion with no musical numbers. The story is pretty much what you expect. The down side was that the cartoon did a better job of conveying the characters. There was a nice quick cameo with Ming-Na Wen(May in Agents of Shield). Its always fun to watch Ip Man showing how it is done.The Christina Aguilera version of reflection was very well done.

6.5/10 ---- So not bad.
I pretty much agree. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My daughter said she didn't feel like seeing it but our plan was to invite her friends over to watch and have their parents buy the pizza and snacks while we paid for the film. Assuming this becomes a new normal this will be the game plan. Just like a ppv fight.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Dear D Disney , isn't it time you raped the Gummi Bears?
latest

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
My daughter said she didn't feel like seeing it but our plan was to invite her friends over to watch and have their parents buy the pizza and snacks while we paid for the film. Assuming this becomes a new normal this will be the game plan. Just like a ppv fight.
Just pirate it

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dont care one way or another. Stock is getting near a new high and most of its hotels are still shut and the parks are still rationing capacity. The Mouse money machine keeps printing.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mulan definitely wasnt very good. It was really needing some Eddie Murphy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is why we cant have nice things.

The Mandalorian star Gina Carano has been accused of “mocking trans people” after putting the words “boop/bob/beep” in her Twitter bio in lieu of pronouns.

The actress who portrays Cara Dune in the Disney+ Star Wars series was asked by fans whether she would add pronouns to her bio to show solidarity with the trans community.

The act of adding pronouns has been common among trans and non-binary people in order to avoid being misgendered, while many cisgender people have also included them to show support for the community.

there is more. I'm too disgusted to link it all.