Disney+ Streaming Service

spronk

FPS noob
Same. You can't beat what amount to $4.90/month. 3 year is awesome. I wish I could have combined it with the free year from Verizon. Oh well.

you can. i subbed to the 2 years prelaunch, and then last year my wifes work phone got the plan that includes D+. I enrolled my D+ account under her verizon plan thingie, and it paused my 2 year sub (using up exactly 0 months of it) and just switched over to verizon. This year she changed her plan again and now gets D+, Hulu, and ESPN and same thing, it just rolled over to verizon and if that ever dies i'll have an additional 2 years of basic D+ service prepaid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Mouse is Making his moves.

Disney+ Has 86.8 Million Subscribers Globally, CEO Bob Chapek Says -- Update
Walt Disney Co.'s (DIS) flagship streaming service Disney+ now has 86.8 million subscribers world-wide, the company's chief executive said Thursday.

That is an addition of more than 13 million subscribers since early October, when Disney(DIS) last reported subscription updates. CEO Bob Chapek disclosed the updated figure at an investor event the company held to update Wall Street on its streaming strategy.

Comcast to Begin Streaming Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity Platforms in Q1 2021
05:28 PM EST, 12/10/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Comcast(CMCSA) and The Walt Disney Company(DIS) have entered into an agreement that will allow Comcast(CMCSA) to distribute streaming services Disney+ and ESPN+ on Comcast's(CMCSA) Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms.

Disney+ and ESPN+ will begin streaming on the Xfinity platforms during the first quarter of 2021, the companies said.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

spronk

FPS noob
jesus Disney is pulling in now nearly a billion a month just from Disney+, way more than MCU movies make per year

three TV series announced so far, Ahsoka, Rangers, and Obi Wan Kenobi

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
jesus Disney is pulling in now nearly a billion a month just from Disney+, way more than MCU movies make per year

And they dont have to share dick of it with Theater chains.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Thats insane numbers. Honestly for that amount they need to be pumping out some badass content.

spronk

FPS noob
131124039_10158323502361633_755301179451105781_o.jpg

Obi Wan
Lando
Ahsoka
Acolyte (spies)
Andor (emo boy in Rogue One)
Rangers
Alien TV series
more

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
Didn't we have a couple of financial geniuses on here who said that Disney would "go bankrupt" and made huge mistakes buying LucasFilm? Stock has gone from $100 to $170 this year almost entirely on the back of Disney+, reaching a new all time high today with a market cap of $300b. Nice little bump in my IRA.

Not to mention all those "omg Kathleen Kennedy is about to get fired!!" videos and posts, none of which came true.

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
With these subscriber numbers, and that amount of revenue.. Does it make sense for them to share it with theaters ever again?? That's fucking insane amoutn of money they are taking in. They can still justify Infinity War / Endgame quality productions with that revenue.

Are we finally witnessing the end of theaters?

What about after the vaccine??

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With these subscriber numbers, and that amount of revenue.. Does it make sense for them to share it with theaters ever again?? That's fucking insane amoutn of money they are taking in. They can still justify Infinity War / Endgame quality productions with that revenue.

Are we finally witnessing the end of theaters?

What about after the vaccine??
No. The theater model as we know it is dead. My hunch is theaters become specialty dining venues with 2 or 3 max in a major city.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So their big spike of subscribers was when the Mandalorian came out and and they dropped a ton of holiday movies.. This will 100% change once the holiday season is over.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
anyone watch Soul? Debating whether to pop it in tomorrow or if kids will not really get a movie about death and souls and jazz and shit, looks way too artsy

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
anyone watch Soul? Debating whether to pop it in tomorrow or if kids will not really get a movie about death and souls and jazz and shit, looks way too artsy
I havent watched it yet but it seems to be getting good reviews.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Some family said the kids weren't too into it and that it really leans towards adults.