Disney+ Streaming Service

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, even as a kid I knew the Crows were parody for Jim Crow laws that we specifically covered in like 5th or 6th grade. Not racist misrepresentations (weren't they actually helpful?). Negative representations? What the fuck does that even mean. You're just wiping cultural differences from your viewing audience to appease stupid white people. So fucking stupid.

Cybsled

What a dumb clickbait article. They aren’t stopping kids, it would technically be the parents stopping kids if they set parental restrictions.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That sound you hear is the slow, miserable death scream of Netflix. Look at the streaming companies... T has an alternate revenue stream besides streaming, AAPL has an alternate revenue stream, AMZN has one, etc. NFLX is fucked at some point. Already is actually they just haven't acknowledged it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That sound you hear is the slow, miserable death scream of Netflix. Look at the streaming companies... T has an alternate revenue stream besides streaming, AAPL has an alternate revenue stream, AMZN has one, etc. NFLX is fucked at some point. Already is actually they just haven't acknowledged it.
Netflix sealed their fate wih the pedo movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Netflix was in trouble because other content producers yanked shit. If they provide their own content that people like and people subscribe, it solves their issues

Netflix has yet to really embrace the weekly content drip format, though

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Netflix was in trouble because other content producers yanked shit. If they provide their own content that people like and people subscribe, it solves their issues

They spend through the nose for new content and have no actually library of filler shit that they own. They won't die tomorrow or Friday but die they will.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If Star Trek was on Disney, I'd probably cancel Netflix. I'd watch it on Hulu, but Hulu can eat my asshole.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
If Star Trek was on Disney, I'd probably cancel Netflix. I'd watch it on Hulu, but Hulu can eat my asshole.

For me, Hulu blows. The interface is cancer and I think most of the content is shit. I rarely watch anything on. I keep the cheap version a ads for my GFs kid.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Netflix should have bought some content providers. They really dropped the ball on that end. Isn't there some big movie studio up for sale right now? They have to cash now to pull off something like that. They are going to be slowly left in the dust I fell. They keep cranking out 80% crap.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For me, Hulu blows. The interface is cancer and I think most of the content is shit. I rarely watch anything on. I keep the cheap version a ads for my GFs kid.
I watch some classic shit on it that I can't find anywhere else when I have literally nothing else to watch, and yes, the UI is fucking full blown AIDS. It pisses me off as a Product Manager who works with UI/UX, designers, programmers, etc, with all of the dumb fuck decisions they've made purely out of the need to be different and avoid patent violations on things that aren't even patented. Or they patented their own UI's, which is even more insane. Plus if you're using a device that they decide isn't worth deploying an updated version to that has to deal with all their old code, bugs, and stupid shit like not being able to switch between profiles. They're the fucking generic cereal of streaming services.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Netflix should have bought some content providers. They really dropped the ball on that end. Isn't there some big movie studio up for sale right now? They have to cash now to pull off something like that. They are going to be slowly left in the dust I fell. They keep cranking out 80% crap.
They did, it's just that every Tom fucking asshole decided their content was worth creating their own streaming service to attempt to profit from. See CBS, now Paramount+, Discovery+, etc. Besides Disney, and maybe HBO, no one has presented a streaming service that honestly competes with Netflix. Hulu still exists as the one service that started early enough in the cycle of things to show what not to do.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just want the Drew Carey show to show up on any stream service.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That is the one remaining utility of DVDs and BluRays. You can reliably watch something without having to wonder what streaming service it may or may not be on.

Disney is playing it smart. They are adding lots of fluff content of the sort they spewed out of Disney channel back in the day but also some behind-the-scenes DVD extras, lots of shorts etc. In a real way they have one major 'series' rolling at any given time and that keeps people like me subscribed.

Yeah WandaVision cost $200M to make, but how much of that is real money vs. creative accounting and how many of the 100M accounts are there because of Mandalorian, WandaVision, etc.? They are pulling in $800M a month and that ain't nothing to sneeze at.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still enjoy a few Netflix originals. They are hit and miss but they have some that I really enjoy. Just to name a few I have watched in the last year...

1. Queen's Gambit ( Enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would.)
2. Stranger Things( Well, not the last year given the delay)
3. Peaky Blinders
4. The Last Kingdom ( I like period pieces and this one is damn good)
5. Extraction (Surprisingly good action flick)
6. The Witcher ( Yes it could have been better but it was good enough)
7. Dark (Probably one of the best all around shows I have ever watched and seriously underrated).

I will add Shadow and Bone as one I am actually looking forward too in April. The preview intrigued me.

So, Netflix still has a good enough showing for me to remain for now.