Disney+ Streaming Service

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
step brothers mf GIF

Leave this alone, if you cannot get the original director with his vision of it. There is NO WAY IN HELL that this will come close to matching the perfect gem that was the original. The Cast, the Story and the setting were perfect. While the setting could easily be matched, the cast and story will most likely be a disaster. They think they can capitalize on the fan base without realizing that the fan base will just eat them alive for messing with this. Just call it something else you idiots.

The only way a Firefly story would be accepted at this point would be to try the following.

1. Use Joss Whedon to direct and write.
2. Place the story 15 years up with a new war having started due to the truth coming out.
3. Use mostly the same cast with the idea that you slowly introduce some new younger cast members to take over the primary story.

There is plenty of resource for that kind of idea, that it could be done and done very well. I would happily watch this. I will cry when none of that takes place and it gets Wokified by shitty actors and a weak story.
I thought Joss was blacklisted at this point thanks to pound me too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Disney+, prime, HBO etc. they are all clunkier and less streamlined than Netflix

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I thought Joss was blacklisted at this point thanks to pound me too
He is, but as with James Gunn, Louie CK and others he will be back.
Honestly, I dont give two rats shit what kind of fucking asshole some one is...if they make good shit then let them make good shit.
As long as it's not illegal (Roman Polanski) then fuck it. Stanley Kubric was such an asshole to Shelly Duvall during the filming of The Shining that she literally had a nervous break down and yet he's not been black listed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He is, but as with James Gunn, Louie CK and others he will be back.
Honestly, I dont give two rats shit what kind of fucking asshole some one is...if they make good shit then let them make good shit.
As long as it's not illegal (Roman Polanski) then fuck it. Stanley Kubric was such an asshole to Shelly Duvall during the filming of The Shining that she literally had a nervous break down and yet he's not been black listed.
its probably impossible to blacklist Stanley Kubric for a very good reason. and maybe Shelley Duvall deserved it. some actors are really shitty to work with and maybe he needed a certain performance out of her and she was being a herpderp. and yes Joss will be back, i wouldnt be surprised if we see Harvey come back. this metoo shit was all a charade to push a narrative. none of those people were being actively abused, they knew what they had to do for the part and they willingly swallowed Weinstein goblin cock for the chance to star in a movie. says more about them than him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
its probably impossible to blacklist Stanley Kubric for a very good reason. and maybe Shelley Duvall deserved it. some actors are really shitty to work with and maybe he needed a certain performance out of her and she was being a herpderp. and yes Joss will be back, i wouldnt be surprised if we see Harvey come back. this metoo shit was all a charade to push a narrative. none of those people were being actively abused, they knew what they had to do for the part and they willingly swallowed Weinstein goblin cock for the chance to star in a movie. says more about them than him.
Curious as to what you think that "good reason" is?
That he makes good movies? So does Whedon
In fact I think Avengers probably made more money than all of Kubrics combined (That's Hyperbole btw).
Whedon's works (TV and Movies) have had just as much influence (if not more) on modern culture as Kubrics has.
Also if an actress is that hard to work with (or that herpderp) just fire her and move on, its been done a million times before...No reason to berate a person so badly they have a mental breakdown.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Curious as to what you think that "good reason" is?
That he makes good movies? So does Whedon
In fact I think Avengers probably made more money than all of Kubrics combined (That's Hyperbole btw).
Whedon's works (TV and Movies) have had just as much influence (if not more) on modern culture as Kubrics has.
Also if an actress is that hard to work with (or that herpderp) just fire her and move on, its been done a million times before...No reason to berate a person so badly they have a mental breakdown.
it was my little joke because Stanley Kubric has been dead for 23 years. cant cancel him

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Really?

How long has she been dead?
she isnt cancelled, shes been dead for 70 years. she was a celebrated author and frontier woman til she died. nothing after makes a difference.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
she isnt cancelled, shes been dead for 70 years. she was a celebrated author and frontier woman til she died. nothing after makes a difference.
I promise not a single lib or jogger bitching about has every actually "read" her books before this was brought to their attention.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
They renamed an award that was named after her because of her portrayal of Indians and Blacks
That is the literal definition of "cancelled"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They renamed an award that was named after her because of her portrayal of Indians and Blacks
That is the literal definition of "cancelled"
ok, tell me how that affects her. shes dead for 70 years. what has changed.

• 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
ok, tell me how that affects her. shes dead for 70 years. what has changed.
Holy fucking shit
Are you serious with this right now?
She has gone from celebrated to outcast (Cancelled). This is how the libs work, cast aspersions upon her and its easier to move toward their ultimate goal of controlling what you read, watch, think and say. That is all this cancel culture is about, it matters not if she is alive or dead.
Sometimes I wonder if some of the shit you post is just a troll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy fucking shit
Are you serious with this right now?
She has gone from celebrated to outcast (Cancelled). This is how the libs work, cast aspersions upon her and its easier to move toward their ultimate goal of controlling what you read, watch, think and say. That is all this cancel culture is about, it matters not if she is alive or dead.
Sometimes I wonder if some of the shit you post is just a troll
im not trolling, i'm trying to take you seriously and respectfully while you say a woman who died in the 1950s is ruined now that some pink hairs renamed some organization. i dont want to toss the doodoo and the poopoo at you, but only people still alive can be cancelled.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
He who controls the past controls the future - George Orwell 1984

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, anyone and everyone can be cancelled...Be they alive or be they dead.
They will purge the past and teach you their doctrine.