Disney+ Streaming Service

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Problem is shit got real. It wasn't just empty threats.

View attachment 444150

Names were added during the "fire Kennedy" debacle.

View attachment 444151

Close friend and Kennedy ally Paz de la Huerta was convinced to throw top Disney brass names into the ring to up the stakes.

View attachment 444152

The quid pro quo was, things might get worse for Iger if he does something to Kennedy. Kennedy was in a position to help Disney out with the lawsuit and maybe save Iger from being deposed as a witness/party to the misconduct.

Iger wanted his name taken off that lawsuit ASAP

View attachment 444153

Interesting.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hearing talk of a Disney + Netflix merger or buyout.
DOJ would go batshit if that got announced. I dont see it though. Netflix doesnt "add" anything to D+ and Hulu combined. They just need to let them keep bleeding subscribers and taking them.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disney lacks content and Netflix lacks franchise properties. They each solve the other's problem, and together they are a powerhouse.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Netflix content in 4K at a static price would not be bad. But it would probably be a quad bundle at a higher price (Disney+ ESPN+ Hulu Netflix) rather than rolling it into existing.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Netflix content in 4K at a static price would not be bad. But it would probably be a quad bundle at a higher price (Disney+ ESPN+ Hulu Netflix) rather than rolling it into existing.

Just a few more streaming services until they've rebuilt the old cable model. $70/month for the entire package! No you can't pick and choose!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 444150

View attachment 444151

Close friend and Kennedy ally Paz de la Huerta was convinced to throw top Disney brass names into the ring to up the stakes.

View attachment 444152

The quid pro quo was, things might get worse for Iger if he does something to Kennedy. Kennedy was in a position to help Disney out with the lawsuit and maybe save Iger from being deposed as a witness/party to the misconduct.

Iger wanted his name taken off that lawsuit ASAP, and Kennedy was known as a friend to Paz.

View attachment 444153

steven tyler?
aff711f5e1a5fd57172ea08aa572435a.jpg

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 444150

View attachment 444151

View attachment 444152

Iger wanted his name taken off that lawsuit ASAP, and Kennedy was known as a friend to Paz.

View attachment 444153

She's the psycho coked out strung out bitch from Boardwalk Empire

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Apple just failed to outbid Amazon on MGM.

I doubt Apple is in a position to make a serious offer after botching the MGM deal.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What does one have to do with the other?

Apple showed they aren't serious about closing deals for major IP's.

This is without getting into why Apple streaming needed MGM at the time. They are still in need of a major buy, and that's the only reason I'd believe they would try again. Hope Amazon forks em for the second time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Apple showed they aren't serious about closing deals for major IP's.

This is without getting into why Apple streaming needed MGM at the time. They are still in need of a major buy, and that's the only reason I'd believe they would try again. Hope Amazon forks em for the second time.

Did they actually "botch" it or did Amazon just outbid them? Because I'm not seeing how Amazon being willing to pay more is a sign of incompetence.

Cybsled

At first I thought Amazon buying MGM would be cool, because maybe they would revive Stargate. But Brad Wright indicated they passed on his recent show pitch (the one where the Stargate program gets revealed to Earth)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did they actually "botch" it or did Amazon just outbid them? Because I'm not seeing how Amazon being willing to pay more is a sign of incompetence.

No you're right it could just be smart business on Apple's part-- especially if they ultimately got Disney. I used that language only because shareholders and insiders were pushing for MGM. It was seen as the perfect match. MGM needed to sell, and Apple needed to beef up their streaming. At the time all these acquisitions were happening with other services companies, only Apple streaming wasn't making moves. Everyone had already started talking like it was certain MGM would sell to Apple.

In the end, they may not have seen MGM as the studio that's going to be the big solution for them. Which is understandable.