Disney+ Streaming Service

Oldbased

> Than U
Switched from Philo to Sling this month to grab FX. When I was making my streaming rounds after another trial of Vue ran out I decided to check out Direct TV now again.
Shit went from $35 to $50 but if you want decent channels it was $90 and if you want most of the channels it was $125+ extras. FOR STREAMING. Then I found out it is being scrapped for ATT Now but the pricing/packages will remain the same. Ummm AT&T, ain't no one going to be paying 100+ for a fucking streaming service.
We are sticking with Prime + Philo( $20 ) or Sling Blue ( 25 ) and Disney and maybe Disney+Hulu if they have a offering that doesn't include ESPN. Fiber 1000mb + TV for under $100 a month. Murica F ya

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
well this is different, airs Nov 12th day and date of Disney+ launch

D+ will launch with over 500 movies and 7000 episodes of TV shows. Hopefully 5000 of them aren't Thats So Raven and Hannah Montana

All 30 seasons of the Simpsons will be on D+ forever, it'll be interesting if they add any commentary tracks to that

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Have they announced pricing for Disney+/Hulu commercial free? I've seen them combine pricing for regular Hulu but haven't seen if they are doing commercial-free.

This service is gonna be pretty crazy, damn.
i've got a bad feeling they're gonna be dumb and not offer commercial free Hulu in the bundle.

• 2Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone with kids will be getting this. It's a no-brainer. $7/month for all the Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars IP shit? Plus new Marvel and Star Wars shows? Plus all the other random shit? Yeah, I'll see you guys there.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my girlfriend and i are avid Simpsons fans. buying that whole series on DVD would cost hundreds of dollars, if it was even possible (they quit putting out DVD box sets at some point). even if this streaming service was just The Simpsons, it would arguably be worth $7 a month to us for quite a few months if not indefinitely.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Disney really has a stupid amount of shit that they can put on Disney+ I mean it should surpass Netflix if you don't count all the stupid foreign shit they have on there.

Oldbased

> Than U
Disney really has a stupid amount of shit that they can put on Disney+ I mean it should surpass Netflix if you don't count all the stupid foreign shit they have on there.
I'm excited and more than willing to plop $7 for that library. What concerns me so much is not Disney+ but the past 2 years where everyone is going exclusive. It is good and bad but right now it is just a fucking mess.
Case in point Disney doing their thing, CBS doing theirs, Amazon doing theirs, and so forth BUT at the same time, CW is completely free and Fox,FX, FXX, FXM and so forth ONLY allow you to stream their content if you have a provider meaning if you want FX you have to get Direct TV Now, Vue, Sling and so forth OR you have to have a cable/sat service subscription. Yet you can pay for Fox News and Fox News Business a monthly fee and get those.
It's all split but at the same time not all of them offer it so you still get fucked if you want certain things. It's this way up and down across the board.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm excited and more than willing to plop $7 for that library. What concerns me so much is not Disney+ but the past 2 years where everyone is going exclusive. It is good and bad but right now it is just a fucking mess.
Case in point Disney doing their thing, CBS doing theirs, Amazon doing theirs, and so forth BUT at the same time, CW is completely free and Fox,FX, FXX, FXM and so forth ONLY allow you to stream their content if you have a provider meaning if you want FX you have to get Direct TV Now, Vue, Sling and so forth OR you have to have a cable/sat service subscription. Yet you can pay for Fox News and Fox News Business a monthly fee and get those.
It's all split but at the same time not all of them offer it so you still get fucked if you want certain things. It's this way up and down across the board.

Yeah, which is why I think Disney+ went cheaper on purpose. I mean you can get the Disney+, ESPN, and Hulu combo and it's the same price as Netflix. Also Fox stuff may be all moving to Hulu. Not sure what the plans are for that, but I would assume that is the plan. I think the bigger problem is how much content will some of these other ones have. I think the Warner/DC one has possibilities and they will be getting all the CW shows on there. There are no more new seasons of the shows going to Netflix.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll never sub to it if there isn't an ad free option. Fuck that noise.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The conversation is that so far, the only shown bundle had ESPN and Advertisement version of Hulu in it.

Indeed, I was part of it. But the way Harshaw said it definitely made it sound like he thought Hulu in general had no ad-free option (thus why he said he "it's the main reason I don't do anything Hulu" not "it's the main reason I won't do anything Hulu"). Perhaps I misunderstood and he knew what was up, just wanted to make sure in case he didn't tho. Harshaw is a bro and deserves to enjoy the pleasure that is Hulu+, in all it's premium ad free glory.

Maybe he just has issue with the price, Hulu+ is about the same as regular Netflix tho these days I think, yeah?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user