Divinity: Original Sin 2

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What the fuck is the deal with source vampirism and shriekers? It doesn't have enough range to actually cast it on them before they kill you, are you really supposed to just send everyone in and spam cast it until someone gets it off before they oneshot you?

Sneak up behind them?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
What the fuck is the deal with source vampirism and shriekers? It doesn't have enough range to actually cast it on them before they kill you, are you really supposed to just send everyone in and spam cast it until someone gets it off before they oneshot you?

... is that how you are supposed to deal with them? I'm into a3 and have teleported/snuck past them all. Shit

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I like wits on my caster because I grabbed the spell crit ability based on wits, so far it has been some good times. Go first, AOE or focus and something dies if I crit.

This game does a great job of making me feel like I am missing stuff, do I get on the boat? Do I go into sewer tunnel first? etc etc.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Haha, oh the irony. I had restarted abit ago to make Ifan my custom guy as a summoner thinking that his source wolf scales with summon skill so he would make a good summoner. But i assumed it was on a second summon....not that you could only have one out hahah fuck.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just got out of Fort Joy this morning, game is kicking my ass and I love it. Main guy is polymorph (can't remember the name) and then using Ifan Fane and Lohse as their defaults. Was using spear on my main guy but had to swap to dual daggers cause I found a couple that were better than my spear, will probably swap back to a 2h once I find a decent one.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Haha, oh the irony. I had restarted abit ago to make Ifan my custom guy as a summoner thinking that his source wolf scales with summon skill so he would make a good summoner. But i assumed it was on a second summon....not that you could only have one out hahah fuck.

I did the same, but not only does the wolf take a source point to cast, it also has worse stats than the summoner's normal pet. It's pretty bad, but at least it's on a different cooldown so if your normal pet dies quickly, you can summon the wolf while the incarnate is recharging.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I could but most fights are kinda spoiler-ish. I stopped at the entrance of what I assume will be a dungeon in act2 so I'll try to get a video of a standard fight, although it won't be very interesting to watch I think.

Yeah if you don't like stealing you can easily ignore it and still be rich as long as you have Lucky charm. I have 7 now on my tank and it's really crazy at times. I've started putting beer and wine on my hotbar on that char too, when you hit those groups of containers like bunch of bookcases or skeleton piles or barrels or whatever, you drink one, being drunk gives you +2 lucky charm(only lasts 2turns though, which is like 10secs or something so that kinda sucks), open all the things.

You get tons of gear from that and even if the gear sucks, it's tons of money if you have a char with barter(or even without as long as you raise the attitude of the vendor first). I haven't stolen anything besides quest items since I entered Act2 because there isn't really a point anymore.

The thing with pickpocket is you might as well just download an unlimited gold mod and save a few minutes. My next play through I won't be using lucky charm or pickpocket at all so I actually have to take some time and be careful with item upgrades. I currently don't use pickpocket and still have like 70k gold from lucky charm.

Rime

<Donor>
Around level 15 and Summoning is, as noted above, a joke. Necromancy is absurd. For 3 Action Points, you can summon a Bone Widow. With ONE point in Necromancy, it has more hit points (1800ish - Compared to the Incarnate at 17 Summoning having around 1100) and does the same damage (Physical/Poison), the only issue being that it lasts 5 turns, instead of 9.

Even the 'special' summons you find, like the Condor, do not seem to scale at all with Summoning. Combined with the relative low damage of it's offensive spells, all that it has going for it are the totems - Which all die to two AOE spells or one melee round from any enemy.

Three of my characters have Summon Bone Widow now... and it is making Tactician mode simple. Probably going to swap my Summoner to anything-but-Summoning, put one point in Necromancy, and ride the creepy, giant bone spider train to victory.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Best traditional RPG I've played in years, I can't give it enough credit.

In the Act 2 graveyard we ran in to a dog that summoned a "bone troll" which preceded to one shot my buddy through about 300 armor and 500 or so life. The dog had its armor broken on my friends first turn so I shackle of pained the dogl and just walked in to the bone troll so he could Aoo me. I survived with about 400 health left after having had 460 armor and 1k health. Dog dead from shackled pain damage, fight won. Just so many neat ways you can solve problems.

Also jumping on the bone spider train. Once we found the skill book I respecced to geo/necro/summons with a splash in hydro and aero. The summon is insane doing about 800 damage a turn at level ten. The amount of magic armor or physical armor I can spam on myself, a party member, or both (with soul link) is just stupid.

Rime

<Donor>
I really feel like Bone Spider needs a huge nerf OR it needs to cost a Source Point (maybe two). It is so much better than any other summon in the game, it is not even funny. The source-point summons (Fire Slug, Artillery Plant) are inferior to it. So is the Incarnate.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Around level 15 and Summoning is, as noted above, a joke. Necromancy is absurd. For 3 Action Points, you can summon a Bone Widow. With ONE point in Necromancy, it has more hit points (1800ish - Compared to the Incarnate at 17 Summoning having around 1100) and does the same damage (Physical/Poison), the only issue being that it lasts 5 turns, instead of 9.

Even the 'special' summons you find, like the Condor, do not seem to scale at all with Summoning. Combined with the relative low damage of it's offensive spells, all that it has going for it are the totems - Which all die to two AOE spells or one melee round from any enemy.

Three of my characters have Summon Bone Widow now... and it is making Tactician mode simple. Probably going to swap my Summoner to anything-but-Summoning, put one point in Necromancy, and ride the creepy, giant bone spider train to victory.

The summons actually do scale with your Summoner level, including the spider. If you drop Summoner its stats will drop as well. The spider is overpowered, no doubt, but it's the necro/summoner combo that makes it really powerful. They need to change it to scale from the Necro line instead.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I have a Scoundrel/Necro, and the Spider on Sebille is pretty shit without any levels in Summoner.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone else get lost as fuck panning the camera around? Wish they would add a cone of vision on the mini map for the camera.

EDIT: Also is it just me or does voice acting always kill the mood in these types of games. I don't need your shitty voice actors to read me lines. I swear the only voice actor I've enjoyed is the narrator.

Rime

<Donor>
Well, unless the NPCs in my party are somehow getting the Summoning stats from my Avatar (PC character), the 1800 Bone Spider is from a level 15 Character with 2 points in Necromancy and 1 in Summoning (From item).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does anyone else get lost as fuck panning the camera around? Wish they would add a cone of vision on the mini map for the camera.

EDIT: Also is it just me or does voice acting always kill the mood in these types of games. I don't need your shitty voice actors to read me lines. I swear the only voice actor I've enjoyed is the narrator.
Just turn off the voices then? There's actually several voice options in the Audio menu, can turn off only dialogues or everything. As for the camera, I don't really but I guess I'm used to maps. There's a north indicator so you can line up that with the big map when you're done checking stuff.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I have to admit, after reading all of the raving here and elsewhere I am pretty disappointed in the game. I find the gameplay sloppy, paced poorly, and very uncommunicative. The RPG system is full of interesting ideas but the implementation is ridiculously uneven, riddled with inconsistencies and lacking in all sorts of information.

I think my opinion is much lower than it should be due to have just come from playing the XCom2 expansion, and at their heart they are very similar games. I've been critical of other CRPGs for the same reason (especially Pillars), and this game does do a much better job of updating the tactical layer, but I find myself more confused and frustrated than anything.

Rime

<Donor>
Changed my Summoner around a bit... Level 3 Necromancer, Level 16 Summoning results in a 5.4k HP Bone Widow with 900 armor, that hits for 500+ damage.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have to admit, after reading all of the raving here and elsewhere I am pretty disappointed in the game. I find the gameplay sloppy, paced poorly, and very uncommunicative. The RPG system is full of interesting ideas but the implementation is ridiculously uneven, riddled with inconsistencies and lacking in all sorts of information.

I think my opinion is much lower than it should be due to have just come from playing the XCom2 expansion, and at their heart they are very similar games. I've been critical of other CRPGs for the same reason (especially Pillars), and this game does do a much better job of updating the tactical layer, but I find myself more confused and frustrated than anything.

Understanding all of the interactions that can occur is definitely a pretty steep learning curve. But figuring shit out is pretty cool.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like wits on my caster because I grabbed the spell crit ability based on wits, so far it has been some good times. Go first, AOE or focus and something dies if I crit.

This game does a great job of making me feel like I am missing stuff, do I get on the boat? Do I go into sewer tunnel first? etc etc.

I think it's mean to be freeform and not a min-max get and do everything kind of game. One door opens when another closes is a more accurate comparison. You absolutely will miss shit as its nearly impossible to have all of your characters with the right traits/skills to get every check or shit you don't discover.

Like even in the first area there are seriously like 6 ways to get out of the Fort.