Divinity: Original Sin 2

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's up with the broken levers in the prison vaults on Blood island? I found a forge to make new handles for the, but trying to combine it with one of the broken ones just produces a blank item with a ? for an icon and nothing happens?

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Playing on classic, I breezed through act 1 using the most basic of tactics in fights and it felt good. Until the last fight on the island that is, where my bad build choices caught up to me like an ex-girlfriend on speed.

I was so outclassed I had to run away like a little bitch and use 4 rez scrolls and I still only made it because I could hide from the last two ranged ennemies. JFC that was a huge step in difficulty. I need to respec badly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I feel like I should purchase this...

I hated pillars for being boring, is this more engaging?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I feel like I should purchase this...

I hated pillars for being boring, is this more engaging?

Pillars suffered from the combat being a muddy, chaotic mess imo. The story itself wasn't bad, but there was a lot of text to read and it got pretty cumbersome.

The combat here is much closer to Fallout or X-Com and is much, much more engaging than Pillars was. The probably isn't as interesting as Pillars, but it's told well and the voice acting is top notch.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pillars suffered from the combat being a muddy, chaotic mess imo. The story itself wasn't bad, but there was a lot of text to read and it got pretty cumbersome.

The combat here is much closer to Fallout or X-Com and is much, much more engaging than Pillars was. The probably isn't as interesting as Pillars, but it's told well and the voice acting is top notch.

Yea the combat was just not very tight and I got bored of the rest of it pretty quickly after a bit as well because of that ultimately.

I just want Planescape Torment back :(

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok got the game TJT TJT and installed. Going to wait until later to make characters and will be ready to go Wednesday. Going to warm up solo with the first one some more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok got the game TJT TJT and installed. Going to wait until later to make characters and will be ready to go Wednesday. Going to warm up solo with the first one some more.

If we restart we gotta make the chars together at the start of game and discuss some synergy!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can anyone explain some of the random basic shit consumables? I'm drowning right off the bat in stuff to make crap improvised weapons? Only point to craft and sell I assume? Drowning in various "unknown" effect consumables. Will eating/using tell me exactly what all they do? Especially stuff like mug of water, assuming I can't use that to put out fires.

Currently got Ifan Fighter, Fane ranger (was hoping to get all these flying and other fun stuff sooner but preset didnt even have aero? Really wish all "specs" could have some kind of tree so I can see where I need to build towards) then red prince as a inquisitor? Planning on the elf as a rogue or shadowblade and round out a fairly phy heavy team though ranger/inquisitor seems like it has some elemental options.

I'm sure this gets easier when I can get later to where they can all be respecced? Have a hard time seeing getting all the various combo's yall speak of. (Vamp+retribution+earthern shield thing that got nerfed, but aero for teleport and poly for fly, and ........... list goes on)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing this coop?

Don't think I could do a first play through co op. If I've got time to play which has been limited lately I've got to play. Thought horizon was my game of the year but not so sure anymore

Rime

<Donor>
Can anyone explain some of the random basic shit consumables? I'm drowning right off the bat in stuff to make crap improvised weapons? Only point to craft and sell I assume? Drowning in various "unknown" effect consumables. Will eating/using tell me exactly what all they do? Especially stuff like mug of water, assuming I can't use that to put out fires.

Most of the improvised weapons stuff is just to be sold or if you are really hurting for a weapon as they are made with damage stats to your level (no 'special' perks on them, though).

Eating consumables will tell you what they do. Some of them are not bad in terms of healing in combat, either. Can be +10%/+15% of your Vitality, usually also a +to an Attribute as well.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Currently got Ifan Fighter, Fane ranger (was hoping to get all these flying and other fun stuff sooner but preset didnt even have aero? Really wish all "specs" could have some kind of tree so I can see where I need to build towards) then red prince as a inquisitor? Planning on the elf as a rogue or shadowblade and round out a fairly phy heavy team though ranger/inquisitor seems like it has some elemental options.

I'm sure this gets easier when I can get later to where they can all be respecced? Have a hard time seeing getting all the various combo's yall speak of. (Vamp+retribution+earthern shield thing that got nerfed, but aero for teleport and poly for fly, and ........... list goes on)

I'm playing lonewolf so my character has a lot more points to spread around for needed schools. You can still get there fairly well as a four man party play through though. Honestly a lot of the more powerful combos and abilities being talked about only require 1 or 2 points in a school so it isn't too bad to put something together at any level. It is all about the synergies. Warfare/Necro, Geo/Pyro, Necro/summoner/Geo, Poly/Pretty much anything else.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Early on you should probably spread your points and get some utility on everyone. Doesn't have to be ALL the utility, but some of it, having wings on chars that need to move, various buffs and armor regen spells on casters, this kind of stuff. To make a not shitty build, all you really need is to max one skill for damage purposes that fits your char(so warfare on anyone phys for example, or scoundrel if you're backstabbing, or huntsman if you're an archer, the obvious ones).

Past that, you can put everything else in random stuff and the char will still be good. If you want to min max damage, you'd want to max another specific tree and only take the bare minimum in other stuff relying on items giving +skills to get your stuff, but honestly that seems super not worth it the way damage seems to scale anyway. The thing to remember is for the most part, you only need 1 or 2 in a school to learn all relevant spells. 3 gets you some of the more advanced spells but unless you specialize in it, you'll rarely need that and they only unlock in act2, and 5 gets you the ultimate source skill in that school but realistically you only need one of these since source is limited and they cost 3memory slots.

But yeah early game don't spend all your point in your main tree necessarily, you'll have good damage scaling from gear+main stat from attributes anyway, so just grab all the various schools you want, and once you have all your basics, that's when you start dumping into a skill for the passive damage specifically. I'd also recommend getting some memory points early on to fit all these skills, you can respec out of them later once you get enough memory slots from normal levels.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Utnayan Utnayan TJT TJT

Yeh, I mean, that sounds fine. I'm a little beyond that, but not much. I'm still on the island, but out of the area of Fort Joy. I think, if I'm correct, that it has a voice thingy in game, but if not we can go to Discord.

Spoilers :

Near the dragon Slane. Keep getting my ass stomped though.

I'm fine playing a Cleric. I think I know what to choose now, First Aid and whatever. I'll DM both of you my email addy and we can set this up.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok last restart mainly because i wanted to switch over to tacticaion on my home computer version as well. Tip for anyone restarting, right when you start avoid the 2 voids and don't walk through the main entrance where the automated scene with Hammer chick is where you get exp. Go get your main people then start so you can get their lvl 2 with them in the group and pick points vs them assigning. Obvious can respec later but if you are going for a specific build etc every point matters early on~

So i went with
Lohse - Knight (double barter stat to start, and making her 2H inquisitor build for big self heals so crit passive is nice + maddening isn't a bad skill for your front liner to have)
Sebille - Rogue (auto crit with back stab so human passives are wasted on rogues for the most part, flesh sacrifice gives damage boost/AP). Wasted loremaster innate passive since she is sneak/thievery person on my team but about the only wasted passive in my team.
Fane - Ranger; Lucky Charm guy, and going glass cannon early + wit so he can be my physical breaker to allow for my warefare/Rogue cc's to hit early on harder fights (so funny i include rangers maybe 5% of any RPG i play as i am all about the nukes!! but keep going back to them in here)
Custom - Red Prince; tried something new this time and went cleric but since base cleric build is shitty spells/stats/ability/talent allocation i made it my custom starter. Picked red prince because resist buffs and his special skill brings some needed damage. Wanted to have a hydro+necro healer, if i don't like i'll respec to conjurer down the road but wanted a game without one.

Also love Fane for timestop. For cleric build to eventually include reactive armor; does the higher level heavy physical armor require str or con?

Rime

<Donor>
For cleric build to eventually include reactive armor; does the higher level heavy physical armor require str or con?

Shields require constitution, at level 16, most require 12-14 points to equip. Heavier armor requires Strength. Again, 12-14 for most pieces so far. Finesse/Leather tends to provide a median point between cloth (More Magic Armor, Less Physical) and plate (More Physical Armor, Less Magical)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
My other tact group on my work laptop when i travel is a double front line (S&B and 2H inquisitor) both undead so i can range with poison and heal so i figured i'd run different group this time!@

Thanks Rime, cleric will have to build abit balanced then.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Restarted again..... Now to only use origin characters to get more story since the origin quests are apparently really good. After doing the opening parts of Fort Joy so many times with different setups, it is kind of crazy to see how many characters respond differently to the various origin characters. IE: Dwarf in the first part of Fort Joy seemingly did nothing until I spoke to him with Lohse and he recognized her. She sang a song (actual singing) and got a unique musical instrument from him. Lohse as a main also caused big issues with the saving the elf in cage quest. Lost warfare skill book sales as everyone got -50 attitude from her going crazy to a bigger degree when she wasn't my main and she just wanted to talk (And then went crazy). Reloaded quite a few times to try persuasion checks, but couldn't pass the second no matter how I tried (even leveled up).

Made up my mind now, so picking
Lohse - Main - Fighter - focus on extra talents of persuasion and lucky find
Sebille - Ranger with extra warfare (for CC) - high wits for finding things through exploration
Fane - Rogue - Lockpicker with his bony finger.
Ifan - Conjurer and healer

Hardest choice was Ifan, Beast or Red Prince. Not sure which ones has the "best" origin story from those. Was watching some of Dansgaming stream and he was in act 2 and said that the Red Prince story was really good so far, but I am just tired of the whole "I had an empire! I need to restore it!". Fane and Lohse seem the most interesting, while Sebille is auto pick for eating corpses. Wasn't 100% sure with Ifan due to both him and Lohse being humans, but picked him as the conjurer since I wanted that class and it has synergy with his innate source skill.

So ... hopefully picked my party to actually progress now.

• 1Like