Divinity: Original Sin 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Question about act 2 (despite the fact that I'm barely into act 1).

With the skill reset you get, does it also allow you to reset civils and talents, or is it skills only?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still need to buy it. I bought the first one wanting to do that, but couldn't ever find anyone to play it with :(

Would you guys have to start over though?

We just played for the first time last night so its whatever. Still on the island in the fort area. If you two can commit to Wednesday 7-10 CST and maybe some other days here and there when you have time (at least one day head's up) then let's do it.

@goishen

turbo

Molten Core Raider
On Voice - Shut your dirty mouth, its the only way i actually semi can pay attention to the story....i just can't stand reading line by line. I read by paragraphs when i read books (odd speed reading habit i've had since i was a kid) and it drives me bat shit crazy with no voice.

I love when a game isn't on rails and you can go try and kill shit that is like almost impossible and you feel like a hero after 10 tries of killing it (knowing that had you waited 30 minutes after some gear and a level you would have just raped it hah). My biggest gripe is i fucking hate games that have too much clutter as far as items on the ground/inventory. I want meaningful shit or don't waste my damn time please (staring at you shells X 999999999999). Also item interaction/moving is alittle sloppy for someone like me with abit bad depth perception but its by far not anything that would make me speak poorly about the game. Still pretty awesome experience so far. The one thing they could have done too make it even more awesome is scrap the combining skills shit and instead give us a talent tree on top of it that has limited points so you can't eventually get all talents etc (talents being to specialize your character not provide abunch of new abilities) just for even more character customization as that is what i really enjoy about these games.

I love the gearing in the game as well; absolutely hate games that have such static item progression where there is no vairablility.....having a +1 or +2 skill on an item adds 10% extra damage etc so single items definitely make huge improvements and also aren't the same everytime. So definitely enjoy that as well

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
We just played for the first time last night so its whatever. Still on the island in the fort area. If you two can commit to Wednesday 7-10 CST and maybe some other days here and there when you have time (at least one day head's up) then let's do it.

That could be really fun. My wife works every 3rd weekend so that's when I have a lot of time. I could easily swing every Wednesday 7-10 central that would be awesome. Using FOH Discord?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That could be really fun. My wife works every 3rd weekend so that's when I have a lot of time. I could easily swing every Wednesday 7-10 central that would be awesome. Using FOH Discord?

We were using a different one but we can easily use that one. Do I have you on Steam? You can also buy on GoG or something the connection interface is really sweet this time around.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Question about act 2 (despite the fact that I'm barely into act 1).

With the skill reset you get, does it also allow you to reset civils and talents, or is it skills only?
It lets you reset everything but voice for origin chars, race, gender and tags(and some origin specific stuff like Red Prince being red). Can change your appearance, your attributes, all your skills both civil and combat and your talents.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think it's mean to be freeform and not a min-max get and do everything kind of game. One door opens when another closes is a more accurate comparison. You absolutely will miss shit as its nearly impossible to have all of your characters with the right traits/skills to get every check or shit you don't discover.

Like even in the first area there are seriously like 6 ways to get out of the Fort.

Ah OK, feel like I should have the collars off by now but I assume that isn't skipable and I just need to play more.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Ah OK, feel like I should have the collars off by now but I assume that isn't skipable and I just need to play more.

You can get the collars off in three different ways that I know of. One before leaving the fort and the other two on the east side of the island.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
We were using a different one but we can easily use that one. Do I have you on Steam? You can also buy on GoG or something the connection interface is really sweet this time around.

Steam is Utnayan - Wild Hockey Logo :) Otherwise I can add you too.

Ok cool I will buy it this weekend. I won't have time to play until our first Wednesday next week however if thats ok. - Also do you guys go slower to hear the story and such? No need to switch voice comms, I can accept an invite to whatever you are using :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Steam is Utnayan - Wild Hockey Logo :) Otherwise I can add you too.

Ok cool I will buy it this weekend. I won't have time to play until our first Wednesday next week however if thats ok. - Also do you guys go slower to hear the story and such? No need to switch voice comms, I can accept an invite to whatever you are using :)

Ok cool. We are enjoying the story and fuck up a lot so be prepared! Playing on Tactician Mode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

You can get the collars off in three different ways that I know of. One before leaving the fort and the other two on the east side of the island.
hrm. yeah. I know of two. but it occurs to me, both involve asking someone to do it... There must be an "oops, I murdered everyone, and still need this collar off" option.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Nice that they fixed the 'Store on Lady Vengeance' option BUT it only does one item at a time and not stacks so enjoy clicking a dozen times for a large stack.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
hrm. yeah. I know of two. but it occurs to me, both involve asking someone to do it... There must be an "oops, I murdered everyone, and still need this collar off" option.

Blacksmith lady in fort Joy after winning the arena. Having or being beast when you find the hidden seekers camp on the eastern side of the island and talk to his dwarf buddy. Rescuing Gareth and when you return to the seeker camp the collars are removed. The blacksmith will only remove your mc's collar. The dwarf convo will remove all in a solo play through or only one player (plus their direct companion) when playing coop. The Gareth quest will remove for everyone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Blacksmith lady in fort Joy after winning the arena. Having or being beast when you find the hidden seekers camp on the eastern side of the island and talk to his dwarf buddy. Rescuing Gareth and when you return to the seeker camp the collars are removed. The blacksmith will only remove your mc's collar. The dwarf convo will remove all in a solo play through or only one player (plus their direct companion) when playing coop. The Gareth quest will remove for everyone.

Gareth quest most certainly does not remove everyones collar. I rescued him just fine and he didn't remove shit once back at the Seeker camp. It was only when the demon chick showed up after the big boss wurm fight that she removed my collars finally

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Gareth quest most certainly does not remove everyones collar. I rescued him just fine and he didn't remove shit once back at the Seeker camp. It was only when the demon chick showed up after the big boss wurm fight that she removed my collars finally

The elf sitting on the chair that was freaking out because Gareth was gone removed them for my party after rescuing gareth.

Caliane

yeah he was essentially listing the same one twice. The female friend of the dwarf at the sanctuary. The dwarf will get her to remove the collar from Beast. or, if you have rescued Gareth, everyone. your answer would be the "oops, I killed everyone I met, answer it seems.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
yeah he was essentially listing the same one twice. The female friend of the dwarf at the sanctuary. The dwarf will get her to remove the collar from Beast. or, if you have rescued Gareth, everyone. your answer would be the "oops, I killed everyone I met, answer it seems.

Same person but she will remove collars twice. Once before the gareth rescue if you have beast she will remove his and yours if you didn't do or win the arena. The second time is after the gareth rescue even if you had previously had her remove beasts she'll take them off the remaining party members. So i guess if we're being pedantic I listed the same one twice but she does it for different groups independent of whether you had her do it the other way.