Divinity: Original Sin 2

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This thing just got a 10 on Gamespot. I am glad I am finally going to be booting this up for the first time for a Coop run with goishen goishen and @TJT. I hope we go slow so I can read the story / side quest.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I need to get down on this with someone I move October 2nd looks like everyone here will be done by then so I'll be co hoping with the fiancee

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This thing just got a 10 on Gamespot. I am glad I am finally going to be booting this up for the first time for a Coop run with goishen goishen and @TJT. I hope we go slow so I can read the story / side quest.

Cohhcarnage is going for 100% completion and is around 140 hours or so now. Game is crazy good

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Co-op is pretty fun, but like I mentioned before, I almost feel like you need to play it single player first just so you know what's going on. Otherwise you'd have to do some kind of follow everyone around and make sure you listen to every conversation. Or just play it like single player and each person can do the conversation themselves (but that seems like it'd take forever, since only one person can speak to an npc at a time).

But without that, you'd be completely oblivious to the story and just kind of wandering around doing fights. And while the fights are fun, without context the game isn't the same.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, we're still looking for a 4th spot, so anybody willing to play Wednesdays at 7-10 CST, hit me up. And don't worry, most of it is narrated for you. Not sure about other people though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Should I do a single player run as well? That would suck if we all cannot go through the story together and only one person hears the narrative.

I still love coop though so either way and it’s good to have a fun scheduled night

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm not certain it makes a difference. I think the only time it makes a difference is between who talks to them gets to make the decisions. But then again, I'm not sure.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm not certain it makes a difference. I think the only time it makes a difference is between who talks to them gets to make the decisions. But then again, I'm not sure.

Oh well we will find out tomorrow I guess. :)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
RE: The Doctor

What's with all the semi-cursed items in his basement with the huge negative stats on them? And why can't I play this damn ancient lute, I want my free party haste instrument back that the demon made Lohse break

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Whelp, I think I'm fucked on the Red Prince storyline. These fucking curse revanent things will literally not stop respawning in random locations. I've used tornado to scour every scrap of fire out of this place, but they just keep respawning in random locations forever and ever. One of them respawned out in the street by the merchants and is just slaughtering things out there endlessly now.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I will admit i didn't like the first one very much for a couple of reasons I won't get into and I very seldomly give a glowing a review for a game without being very critical but man...if you enjoy RGP's and have not bought this yet, FUCKING DO IT. I may play 1 single player game a year that i'd ever even say is a 7/10 for my own likes and this is just such an amazing game (don't start you first game on tactician wiithout reading any wiki's and then come crying pacing is bad or its too hard, start up can be rough if you have no clue and just try to straight out dps fights without strategy or leveraging the great tool sets they give) but once it opens up abit, man thiis is just such a fucking rewarding feeling.

As mentioned over and over, the level of fucking detail and different interactions based off choices you make in dialog/actions as well as who you talk with is mind blowing and it ALL seems so organic. I never read walls of text or listen to long audios in any of my games but i'm even stopping to read this shit. Just in the first part of the game I have had what...5 restarts (2 as part of work laptop with sync issues) and all 5 times i've found so many different things to do or interactions just in the first part before you get on the boat. I mean people who you thought were nice town folk you can piss off and get in a fight and kill and get uniques, other monsters like the larva queen actually talk to you (with pet pal) who fucking is some great lover who is now looking for a husband....who you can get exp for going that route then can turn around and kill her for more exp and loot any way etc etc. Its just batshit crazy after seeing pieces of shit like FF15 (?) that were on such solid rails your only choice in 60 hours was which hot pockets to microwave.

Has its quirks but probably the best single player game i've played since...shit D2? (Disagae 2 the semi recent sequaly to origina Disgaea and fuck off it was amazing!!!!). These are the games you can only pray word of mouth gets them an extremely large amount of sales to continue to support the development of games like this. Fuck your AAA games on rail. Give me shit that i can figure out ways to break the game and find OP combos etc....i just wish mages had some better options for mass damage without blowing up my whole god damn fucking map. I am always a wizard in games but just hate the chaos they bring, think i might switch my rogue out of my team (just about to hit boat again) and give a mage another shot. Abit early but still want to try a crit build with them using a human and stacking crit so i can glass cannon/magic crits and go BOOM~

Is there any healing related abilities that scale with int in the game or is everything skill with actual type of magic skill level?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the healing from skills all scale off of player level, skill level and stat specific to the type of skill (is it causing water damage/healing, physical damage). my main character has 2 points in necromancer and points split evenly between str and int and at lvl 12, mosquito swarm heals me for like 200 or something.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I'm finding this game dreadful, and I loved Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dales. Every encounter is like fucking Thermopylae. You start with shit skills meanwhile every pissant enemy is dropping massive AOEs without having to care about friendly fire. Having a balanced party means the enemies have 2x the HP - who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Story is pretty nonsensical. Inventory management is atrocious. I read that crafting is both amazing and utterly worthless so I have no idea what to keep out of the hundreds of at-first-glance worthless pieces of shit I'm collecting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
the healing from skills all scale off of player level, skill level and stat specific to the type of skill (is it causing water damage/healing, physical damage). my main character has 2 points in necromancer and points split evenly between str and int and at lvl 12, mosquito swarm heals me for like 200 or something.

100% on that? Most abilities state if it states if it scales off your X stat ("recieves bonus from fitness etc), some like shield say stat of shield etc so they usually clearly state it but at least the early healing spells in summoner and hydro don't have details. Guess i could just go test it out to verify but not on my gaming computer ~

Rime

<Donor>
I have NO idea how you can 100% this game. So many of the achievements are hidden. I looked them up and while I am pretty fastidious when it comes to completion, apparently I missed a bunch in Act 2 and a few on the Nameless Isle. I guess I will just keep playing my regular way and maybe, when there is a 'guide' out for it, come back and pick up the achievements I missed on a second/third play.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I believe spells scale with level and intellect. All the ability levels allow you to do is learn more abilities.

I'm finding this game dreadful, and I loved Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dales. Every encounter is like fucking Thermopylae. You start with shit skills meanwhile every pissant enemy is dropping massive AOEs without having to care about friendly fire. Having a balanced party means the enemies have 2x the HP - who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Story is pretty nonsensical. Inventory management is atrocious. I read that crafting is both amazing and utterly worthless so I have no idea what to keep out of the hundreds of at-first-glance worthless pieces of shit I'm collecting.

I had the same troubles as you're having when I first started the game. Only one time playing through, thank god. This was up until I started to get some gear. I'm still not there yet, and I just barely escaped Dallis' first encounter with me. Well, actually, I lost the first time, because by the time Malady was calling out for help I had a blazing pit of nine hells to cross to get to her. I literally spent an hour on the ship just gearing up my guys and selling shit that I didn't need/want.

Think of it more like XCOM, where you don't want any of your guys to die, so therefore you're gonna have to use everything that the character has not to die. It's not Baldour's Gate, where you can have your tank deal out massive amounts of threat and pitifully weak damage. I hate to admit it but... It's better.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
been trying the bone widow for a while, and it's good, but the versatility of the buffed incarnate is just the more useful at many times, with knockdowns, whirlwind, range, magic attack etc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Healing spells only scale off level and the relevant school that affects them(hydro for magic armor/vitality, geo for phys armor). Don't scale off int or any other stat. That one Necro spells that does damage and heal scales off int for the damage part and I have no idea how the healing part scales, probably off hydro/level only but it could be based on the damage done too in which case it'd scale off int indirectly.

Rime

<Donor>
In later acts, the Bone Widow runs into the issue of CC. It has no Magic Armor, so most of the CC (except Chicken Claw) hit it auto. The Incarnate has more versatility in what you can buff it with, but for sheer damage/tanking, the Bone Widow is hands down the best thing in the game. Particularly with how stupidly it scales - Bare minimum Necromancer and no summoning, it still tops out around 6k hp at 18 and hits for 600ish.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Just toss an armor of frost on it and trololol away. I specced out of summoner because it made duo lonewolf tactician a cake walk.