Divinity: Original Sin 2

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
This game neckbearded enough? I'm hoping too complex for normies? Looks hype.

GA where's yer boy he playin this or what?

Coach is too good for playing games now. A 4-hour commute leaves him too tired or something ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Classic mode was faceroll with two undead lone wolf rogues. My gear was mostly epic items for the last boss fight, only had 3 pieces of divine. Didn't use a single rune, never crafted a single item, or used any type of healing throughout the whole game.
Might run the same duo through tact mode to see how much harder it is.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GOTY unless something miraculous happens. I haven't finished it, but if I have one nitpick it's just that I wish it was more dark. I get that a lot of people like the humor, but I prefer these kinds of RPGs to be more gritty.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol our coop night was AWESOME.

Thanks fellas!!!! And sorry about all the fire damage I caused. I'll .... aim better :)

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
GOTY unless something miraculous happens. I haven't finished it, but if I have one nitpick it's just that I wish it was more dark. I get that a lot of people like the humor, but I prefer these kinds of RPGs to be more gritty.

Putting it in relation to their previous Divinity games and especially OS:1 this one is super grim dark.

• 1Smuggly

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Lol our coop night was AWESOME.

Thanks fellas!!!! And sorry about all the fire damage I caused. I'll .... aim better :)

Yah, my first playthrough I had an extremely hard time with fire. Since then, I've picked up summoning and what I should've picked up which was aero mage. I mean, what you've got is fine, but not for the very early game. Those four pyro books I stole for you, and which you got caught for, should help you some.

Heck, I'm not even sure what each of them are. lol

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yah, my first playthrough I had an extremely hard time with fire. Since then, I've picked up summoning and what I should've picked up which was aero mage. I mean, what you've got is fine, but not for the very early game. Those four pyro books I stole for you, and which you got caught for, should help you some.

That was awesome. Here have these books. Npc “utnayan mind if I search you?” “Sure I got nothi.... “. “You thief. Die!!!” Me. “What.... oh shit”.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm I don't know, I find the humor super limited in this game overall? I mean yeah the animals all talk with funny animal voices and a bunch of them have stupid dialogues, but a lot of them are pretty serious too(just still with the cartoon voices). And other than those, almost everything was serious, there's plenty of people dying and what not and the setting overall is pretty bad with the usual ultra authoritarian religious power and demons popping everywhere killing random people, plus a healthy dose of racism because why not.

Like I think you can probably count on one hand the goofy things?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm not sure how this is getting perfect 10s all over the place. It's an 8.5 to me and I might excuse a 9. There are a ton of options missing and UI pieces (cough inventory cough) that are just archaic and unfortunate. No exposed combat systems personally irritate the fuck out of me as well. That plus how unintuitive coop is in practice (seriously having to click listen on EVERY fucking NPC interaction?) just puts a damper on the experience. I haven't even yet gotten to the point where the balance issues people complain about. It could maybe all be fixed with mods or patches or something.

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Reminds me. I got some +1 Thief glove I forgot about!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Really its the little things that make the game especially awesome. Like we all climb some vines with Utnayan Utnayan and goishen goishen ... Goishen's dwarf ass can't reach them and we have to figure out how to get him up somehow.

Similarly, dwarf only crawlspace also. Just makes the shit so entertaining.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Really its the little things that make the game especially awesome. Like we all climb some vines with Utnayan Utnayan and goishen goishen ... Goishen's dwarf ass can't reach them and we have to figure out how to get him up somehow.

Similarly, dwarf only crawlspace also. Just makes the shit so entertaining.

That was awesome.

"Crap.... Someone get the glove teleporter - Goishen's dwarf keester cannot even reach the vine ladder" And then we had to punt him up LOL :)

The coop hilarity in this is over the top awesome!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The thing that I thought was funniest...

"Oh shit, I think we're gonna have reload guys. I just aggroed the turtles."

Me : "Yah, especially since I can't reach the vines coming up there"

BTW, I'm the cleric of the group. And I had the teleport gloves. lol

• 2Worf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I don't know, I find the humor super limited in this game overall? I mean yeah the animals all talk with funny animal voices and a bunch of them have stupid dialogues, but a lot of them are pretty serious too(just still with the cartoon voices). And other than those, almost everything was serious, there's plenty of people dying and what not and the setting overall is pretty bad with the usual ultra authoritarian religious power and demons popping everywhere killing random people, plus a healthy dose of racism because why not.

Like I think you can probably count on one hand the goofy things?
Its a weird blend of half serious half slapstick. I mean, overall the voice acting sounds like something out of old Monty Python skits for the most part. It's definitely corny and doesnt take it overly serious. The necromancers in Braccus Rex's tower are sitting around playing the card game "go fish", then you have the fucked up shriekers moaning in agony crucified spitting death lightning. But yea, I think you are right the cartoony-ness lends more to that than the ultra realism of a game like say, Skyrim which was very immersive (ofc 1st person is a huge boon for that kind of game too).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A lot of the comedy is going to come from playing Coop with a good group. I haven't laughed in a video game this hard since 2000 when in Everquest, a duo I played with, one guy brought down the entire zone of Unrest to us in Rucksiff's room after he was frustrated he couldn't get a wing for his Necromancer's epic, and watching 100 mobs flailing around the corner and down the stairs into the room as the puller says, "This should do it".

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Kind'a like your famous last words, "I got the spell that'll save us all."

Sean : "Oh shit, that usually means that I end up on fire and or dead."

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm "only" 40 hours in so far, but this has been a refreshing experience. Going from Destiny 2 to this is night and day in terms of the care, thought and love that went into this game vs over produced, under delivered products like Destiny 2/COD/Diablo 3 (games I actually enjoyed for about a week). Can't say enough how impressed I am with Larian and the team behind this game - I didn't like this for the first 4-6 hours or so. I sucked, I thought it was confusing as fuck, and there was no real indication on where to go or what to do (In fact, I didn't even fucking realize you could open a map with quest markers until 20 hours in... rofl). That said, it's rewarding - getting my dick punched in by Alice Alesceon or whatever two nights ago made me rage (tbf I was level 12 at the time and she's 15) - I changed strats, reworked my teams skills and beat her. Gratifying as fuck. Tough to say in September, but between this and Horizon (another wonderful game, crafted by a smaller studio) we've had a great year for gaming and it'll be interesting to see what wins GOTY. So far, for me, this is by far the winner. It literally feels like playing top down D&D with friends in a video game. Anxious to see what the studio does next - a different setting would be great with similar game play.

This game isn't perfect, but the good stuff so far outweighs the niggling bad that I don't even think of the horrible inventory management, stat inflation, overdone dialogue at times when I'm thinking of the game. Everything I think of when thinking about this is overwhelmingly positive. If BOTW received multiple 10/10's, this deserves just as many - probably more.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Kind'a like your famous last words, "I got the spell that'll save us all."

Sean : "Oh shit, that usually means that I end up on fire and or dead."

I still (Kinda) feel bad for not knowing how res worked and I could teleport dead people away from the fight instead of ressing them in a lake of fire right next to the crocs.

Caliane

Its a weird blend of half serious half slapstick. I mean, overall the voice acting sounds like something out of old Monty Python skits for the most part. It's definitely corny and doesnt take it overly serious. The necromancers in Braccus Rex's tower are sitting around playing the card game "go fish", then you have the fucked up shriekers moaning in agony crucified spitting death lightning. But yea, I think you are right the cartoony-ness lends more to that than the ultra realism of a game like say, Skyrim which was very immersive (ofc 1st person is a huge boon for that kind of game too).
Its very much a hallmark of the origins, with Ultima. Not just the gameplay, but its the same humor as well.