Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
joke was on her, i gave her a poison arrow and she used it on me on accident on fane so all was forgiving.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw they announced the Definitive edition is also coming to PC in August(same as Xbox release). Notably it'll have a completely rewritten and reworked act3, a new journal, map markers and a reworked inventory so you can see all your chars inventory on the same screen(they've shown that one in the xbox beta preview thing). There probably will be a bunch of bug fixes and potential balance changes too, similar to the EE for D:OS1. The update will be free for every new owners like the original.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Btw they announced the Definitive edition is also coming to PC in August(same as Xbox release). Notably it'll have a completely rewritten and reworked act3, a new journal, map markers and a reworked inventory so you can see all your chars inventory on the same screen(they've shown that one in the xbox beta preview thing). There probably will be a bunch of bug fixes and potential balance changes too, similar to the EE for D:OS1. The update will be free for every new owners like the original.

Larian acting like CD Project Red. Love it. Imagine if this game was done by... well, any other studio than those two, I am fairly certain it would be a paid update.

I stopped playing D:OS2 for some reason, forget why. Probably another game. 50-60 hours in, just about finished act 2. Instead of finishing that now, I restarted D:OS1 EE. On PS4 this time to see how it runs, might pick up D:OS2 on it too if I can get a friend I usually play co op with to play it as well. Never finished D:OS1 EE.

POE2 was what made me start again. I just like these games much more due to the combat. 6 or so hours into POE2 and I just ... It doesn't drag me in. Hate the sea combat nonsense and that main city is so big. 2 hours into it and I figure it will take another 10+ to finish?

That said, anyone know if there has been an update to the PC version of D:OS2, or a mod for it, that adds the search function that a controller gives? I can't go back to not having that now that I remember it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome, I've been waiting for this ever since I heard how disappointing act 3 was and decided not to touch the game until an EE came out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am

That kicks ass.

I remember steamrolling act 3, with little to no real challenge there.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So i just started playing this over the holiday (yeah yeah I'm lame and completely missed the boat when it first came out) and after reaching Act 2 decided I should try and understand the game world better having never played Divinity: Original Sin

After reading the wiki articles on the whole Divinity series of games I find myself wishing I had stayed blissfully ignorant.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
So i just started playing this over the holiday (yeah yeah I'm lame and completely missed the boat when it first came out) and after reaching Act 2 decided I should try and understand the game world better having never played Divinity: Original Sin

After reading the wiki articles on the whole Divinity series of games I find myself wishing I had stayed blissfully ignorant.
Lol. Since Divine Divinity, each game has been taking the story a little more seriously. Because the series was originally all about tongue-in-cheek humor and making fun of fantasy tropes, they've had to retcon a lot of stuff to make it more serious and actually make sense as a universe.

The final act of D:OS2 was the weakest, plot-wise (they've said there's been extensive reworks of that act in the "Definitive Edition"), but D:OS2 is still easily one of the best RPGs to come out in the last decade. Mechanically, I'd say it's at least in the top three best turn based RPGs of all time, perhaps the best.

Edit: I highly recommend taking Fane as a companion (if not your main). Out of all the characters, he's probably the most intertwined with the overarching story.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I don't have Fane in my group ... I had intended to but did not realize the max size was 4 and already had Lohse, Sebille and Ifan in the group. I may have fucked up, however, as I have zero tanks having turned the Red Prince into a Summoner as my main guy.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I don't have Fane in my group ... I had intended to but did not realize the max size was 4 and already had Lohse, Sebille and Ifan in the group. I may have fucked up, however, as I have zero tanks having turned the Red Prince into a Summoner as my main guy.
Summoned pets are viable tanks. If you’re not playing on the hardest difficulty then I’d say you probably don’t really need a tank. If you are on the hardest difficulty, just make sure you’ve got enough summons available to rotate through them.

Iirc the spider summon is OP.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, my spider pet is really nice unless it gets CC'd and ganged up on. And I'm 'the healer', lol. Playing Lohse as a sword and board hydro/necro w/ my group, we got to the final act last session after thinking act III was the end, heh.

We're 60? hours in and are thinking about starting a new game when the definitive edition releases.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought the game during the Steam sale (because Larian didn't discount D:OS again until at least a month after the EE release) too, but would not even consider starting to play it until the end of August when the definitive edition is out. D:OS EE was a vast improvement in every way over the original release, and I assume D:OS2 DE will be the same based on the early notes.

Yeah, Larian's writing is pretty terrible overall, especially when they try to inject their brand of "humor" into it. At least they hired Avellone for this one, even if it was just to write one of the origin stories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I bought the game during the Steam sale (because Larian didn't discount D:OS again until at least a month after the EE release) too, but would not even consider starting to play it until the end of August when the definitive edition is out. D:OS EE was a vast improvement in every way over the original release, and I assume D:OS2 DE will be the same based on the early notes.

Well damn it I'm far enough now that I don't know if I can just stop and wait until August to start over...

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Well, correct me if I'm wrong... DOS I one of the main differences was that when DOS I originally launched, it wasn't voice acted. When the EE launched, it was.

I can't wait to see what the DE for DOS II will bring.