Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The next few fights will be fun, before they turn hard again. Or rather, after the ship. I dunno why, but I had a hard time with that one. Prolly the fire everywhere that I didn't cast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Tonight was too funny.

So first off TJT TJT says, "Hey Ut ( Utnayan Utnayan ), c'mere. Talk to this guy and give him a hundred gold." Ut does, he gets asked what type of lovin' he prefers... And then TJT TJT says, "I think he's some kind'a pimp, or something."

So after Utnayan Utnayan gets robbed blind, he was on a fuckin' mission to shit back. Jeezus, you've never seen anybody move that fucking fast.

Also, of note... I switched from a classic cleric type of build to more of a thief type of build. Put out a fuckton more damage, and can heal. I'm loving it.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tonight was too funny.

So first off TJT TJT says, "Hey Ut ( Utnayan Utnayan ), c'mere. Talk to this guy and give him a hundred gold." Ut does, he gets asked what type of lovin' he prefers... And then TJT TJT says, "I think he's some kind'a pimp, or something."

So after Utnayan Utnayan gets robbed blind, he was on a fuckin' mission to shit back. Jeezus, you've never seen anybody move that fucking fast.

Also, of note... I switched from a classic cleric type of build to more of a thief type of build. Put out a fuckton more damage, and can heal. I'm loving it.

Utnayan Utnayan @persiansoap it seems we need the Team Fuckup streamtime! lol.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seriously this game. Not to mention that the 100 gold I lost, and it turned out to be a trap with a female lizard hooker. I kid you not. TJT has to leave the room before she would talk to me, then I woke up without any of my stuff on, laying on the bed. I asked where my stuff was, she lipped off, we killed her. My stuff was still gone. Went to the “pimp” he told he where it was. This led to another guy, where @persiansoap TJT TJT and goishen goishen wete trying to steal the bag all my stuff was in. Finally we uncovered another quest, which was close, did tha and found out some guy was going to kill the guy that stole my shit, and I was able to get it all back as long as we go kill the target.

Last time I ever listen to TJT again. “Hey ut.... come here. “. Me “NO!”

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seriously this game. Not to mention that the 100 gold I lost, and it turned out to be a trap with a female lizard hooker. I kid you not. TJT has to leave the room before she would talk to me, then I woke up without any of my stuff on, laying on the bed. I asked where my stuff was, she lipped off, we killed her. My stuff was still gone. Went to the “pimp” he told he where it was. This led to another guy, where @persiansoap TJT TJT and goishen goishen wete trying to steal the bag all my stuff was in. Finally we uncovered another quest, which was close, did tha and found out some guy was going to kill the guy that stole my shit, and I was able to get it all back as long as we go kill the target.

Last time I ever listen to TJT again. “Hey ut.... come here. “. Me “NO!”

TL;DR: Ut fucked an iguana.

Also I would have done it myself but I had no gold lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
I hope this game gets Expansions/DLC. First one did not and I would love them forever if they did.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Well, I'd rather them make Divinity 3 than nickel and dime us with DLCs.

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
With the amount of work that has gone into creating some of the dungeon master things, I think that they can make several other DLC's (possibly another game entirely) out of the tools that they've got here.

I would happily pay another $10-$20 for another adventure here.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, its tough call. Sequel vs dlc/expacs.

OS2 does seem like a stronger going off point for expacs/dlc then os1 was. The tools, the larger world, etc.

Team 1 making a new game. Team 2 adding a new campaign to OS2.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I came back to this a couple days ago after putting it down in mid November. I’d made it about 2 hours into Arx and decided I’d rather wait until they patched in some quality of life improvements.

Anyway, I just beat the game. The journey was great (I’m a bit of a completionist, but I’d guess 60-80 hours for almost everything). After watching my ending I googled the rest of the possible endings. Frankly they’re all pretty underwhelming.

I think the biggest contributing factor to the unsatisfying endings is the game’s broad scope. It’ll never happen, but I’d love D:OS3 to have a plot that is more regional and less all-of-reality in scope.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm a few hours into the Nameless Isle, the Imp Pocket Universe.

That one has me stuck. Prolly have to google it. Is it me, or does the Nameless Isle seem shorter than the second act?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I'm a few hours into the Nameless Isle, the Imp Pocket Universe.

That one has me stuck. Prolly have to google it. Is it me, or does the Nameless Isle seem shorter than the second act?
Nameless Isle is the shortest section of the game for sure. The next act is about as long as Fort Joy I'd say. Tip for the Imp Pocket Universe (not straight up spoiler):

It's been a few months, but as I recall it just requires some fuckery with the time manipulation to make sure you get there before the death fog activates. I discovered the route that circumvents all the puzzles after I did it the "legit" way:
The beginning of the path starts near the entrance portal at the beginning of the zone.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Another day in the Ridiculously Unfair Fights book. With Joe Montana master of long distance nade throws that always hit their target.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Any suggestions for a group of 4 new to the series about to start going through this in a week or so? I'm probably going to wait to pick my class/character based on what others pick to help balance the group out, otherwise I like messing w/ the conjurer. One player has suggested from what he's read that we stick w/ the premade characters w/ backstory (prince, etc).

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The premade characters do have all supercool stories. so yeah, I would probably say play a story character. you can respec them any way you wish.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Any suggestions for a group of 4 new to the series about to start going through this in a week or so? I'm probably going to wait to pick my class/character based on what others pick to help balance the group out, otherwise I like messing w/ the conjurer. One player has suggested from what he's read that we stick w/ the premade characters w/ backstory (prince, etc).

Whatever characters you pick, have dedicated civil roles. i.e. one person to take persuasion and talk to everybody, 1 person take lucky charm and loot everything, 1 person take barter to buy and sell everything, and the last person take thievery to lockpick and steal from everyone.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I didn't realize the bit with the premade characters at first. But whatever. Anyway, man up and play tactician. Prepare for many hours of fun and slamming your dick in a door.

• 2Like