Divinity: Original Sin 2

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Really? That's great! Did they do that with bartering as well?
No, but you can get a mod to make it work that way if you want to. Otherwise just send everything to your Barter dude and have them do the selling.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Decided to restart the DE version and go with mods. I doubt I will ever replay it after this (considering I have 160 hours and not finished it...)
Added
- 3 class mods (spectre necromancer, fire mage thing and umbral which is a rouge) for 100+ added abilities
- Crafting overhaul
- Resting restores source (I never really used the source combat skills because of the hassle to get more points)
- Expanded loot
- Added party members (makes it easier I know (playing on tactician), but this way I get everyones stories)
- Increased life of squirrel. Don't know the point of him, but figure that would keep him around for whatever reason instead of dying

Everything seems to be working fine.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Decided to pick this up again since i never finished yet restarted 10 times :)

On my 5th restart but downloaded some mods including skip the boat and insta respec when you get the new people. Added 5-6 classes and vendor that sells uniques.

I wanted so bad to go all magic team but both times i started but it just seemed their damage was so weak compared to melee plus dodging half a screen of fire is annoying.

So back to my team of
2H Warfare/Necro crit mod build combined with some demonic warrior skills (new class)
Ranger with a few extra trapper(?) skills, expansion of the ranger class
Rogue with umbra and normal rogue skills

4th character i had as a str based specter warrior but i just didn't like the mechanics and damage was alot less so i switched to a second 2H str user with warefare, demonic warrior and a few randoms.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Divinity: Original Sin 2

There is a definitive edition out for Consoles and PC's. I am more interested in the console products.
Is anybody playing this on PS4 or Xbone? It had great ratings, I think I might pick it up.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Couple tips if you are struggling for gold, whether you run double lone wolf (2 party members) or the full team of 4, you can for 99% of the game talk to NPC's with 1 person and they will face your direction. Knowing that, you can either wait for patrols to look away or if you have the 4 person team, talk to each person so they face away while someone you dump max points into thievery steals with impunity. Level 2 thievery (easy to get in Fort Joy) will allow you to steal just about every skill book (never buy them) and more just means you can take gold, res scrolls, weapons etc too. You have maybe 10 seconds after you are done 'talking' with them for them to pat their pockets and notice they were robbed, if you run away / teleport to a shrine a safe distance away, they won't ever come after you again even if you talk to them 60 seconds later. Alternatively, once you have persuasion skill high enough, you can just lie about it and deny doing it successfully.

You can only steal from an NPC once however, so make sure you do it when you'll get the best bang for your buck. After you are done with the area & before moving on to A2 (board the ship, you get a warning letting you know its going to end the act), go back and kill everyone and loot back everything you sold. Every level you get refreshes vendors gold amounts / loot options, with the exception of skill books (that I know of?).

Also, if you are struggling to find things to kill to get experience at the start, since you are so close to the beginning, restart and grab 1 barrel of deathfog (need a char with strength to carry) / 1 point of telekinesis to grab before it explodes in the slave ship. If you toss that at Alexander in front of the gates, pretty much everything around him dies and you get a stupid amount of experience to bridge the gap. If you wait until you have the teleport gloves, you can block off the entrance to the fort with deathfog and teleport npc's into it for instant kill/exp gains, skip your turn while teleport is on CD (they won't run into it) and then move forward / in range of them, teleport another, back off, repeat. Just beware the demon looking mf'ers at the gate can backstab, so you have to stay out of range of those.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I loved the first game, but as I already have a million games I've never bothered to install and wasted way too much money on, I've been waiting for this to go on sale. Haven't really seen it drop below $40 or so on Steam, which is more than I'm willing to spend on a game with a 75% chance that I never install. I'm starting to see it on weird sites that are offering it for $14 or so, but single player only. Am I correct in assuming these are stolen cd keys or something, hence why they guarantee single player works but not multiplayer?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea those are BS resold keys that probably won't activate on Steam.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
GoG and Steam are the only official retailers for it. Anything else is going to be resellers or grey market and shouldn't be trusted

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I loved the first game, but as I already have a million games I've never bothered to install and wasted way too much money on, I've been waiting for this to go on sale. Haven't really seen it drop below $40 or so on Steam, which is more than I'm willing to spend on a game with a 75% chance that I never install. I'm starting to see it on weird sites that are offering it for $14 or so, but single player only. Am I correct in assuming these are stolen cd keys or something, hence why they guarantee single player works but not multiplayer?

If you loved the first, then this game is more of the same only better in pretty much every way. 60-100 hour RPG depending on your time spent exploring. One of the best CRPGs I've ever played. So easily worth $40. That said, I think it was on the summer sale, and assuming it will be on the steam winter sale as well, so might as well wait for that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok, anybody have a tip on effectively healing Fane? Everything I read says to use poison spells/pots, but they heal a garbage amount and basically give a regen effect. How can I make a significant dent in his health bar when I need to? Even worse, stuff that isn't a direct heal like rallying cry do damage as well, as well as AoE type heals. He just seems like a major pain in the ass with no upside. Am I missing something?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
An undead HoT can be a huge thing. There are some spells out there that give a poison effect on the ground. My advice, cast one them at the start of battle, and quickly move him into it. From there, try Mend Armor, and I think there's another spell that gives you armor back. Plus, Fortify.

I guess I should really specify physical armor. I had trouble with it also in the beginning. Once I got and cast Mend Armor though? Easy peasy. Fane became like a tank, even withstanding some things that took down my tank.

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
An undead HoT can be a huge thing. There are some spells out there that give a poison effect on the ground. My advice, cast one them at the start of battle, and quickly move him into it. From there, try Mend Armor, and I think there's another spell that gives you armor back. Plus, Fortify.

I guess I should really specify physical armor. I had trouble with it also in the beginning. Once I got and cast Mend Armor though? Easy peasy. Fane became like a tank, even withstanding some things that took down my tank.
Geomancy has some poison-aspected spells that can heal him for a lot.

Sigh, as I mentioned I've tried poison spells/pots-- no matter how big a pot he drinks it heals like 50 dmg a turn. Same with standing in poison. Neither of those help if he just got critted and is within an inch of his life. If he was a normal toon, I'd cast rallying cry or First Aid and heal him for 200+. As is, if he's really low there's no way to save him next turn. It's infuriating and I fail to see the upside to playing undead to counter the hassle of only being able to heal him 50 or so points and accidentally killing him with things like Steam Lance.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Things may have changed since definitive editions, but before then Poison Wave and Acid Spores could heal undead characters for quite a lot. If that's no longer the case, then I don't have any further suggestions.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sigh, as I mentioned I've tried poison spells/pots-- no matter how big a pot he drinks it heals like 50 dmg a turn. Same with standing in poison. Neither of those help if he just got critted and is within an inch of his life. If he was a normal toon, I'd cast rallying cry or First Aid and heal him for 200+. As is, if he's really low there's no way to save him next turn. It's infuriating and I fail to see the upside to playing undead to counter the hassle of only being able to heal him 50 or so points and accidentally killing him with things like Steam Lance.

Living on the Edge is pretty good if you have anyone with enough Necromancy. Also related the Necromancy passive won't hurt him either and can heal for a ton if he's set up for dealing damage.

edit - if you have an archer a direct shot with a poisoned arrow can do a lot

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can make poison potions heal as much for fane as regular potions do with normal heroes (at least to a fairly large, 4 digit number?). If geomancy skills aren't covering it, I would hazard a guess that either you are fighting things in a way that you are under-leveled or out numbered.

What do you have him specced to do?