Divinity: Original Sin 2

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is awesome. Highy suggest following mods. Both work in Definitive Edition.

Party Size Evolved: six man party makes the game much better imho, can try many different builds, and travel with all 6 main characters:

Enable Achievements With Mods Active: kinda dumb they disabled achievements with mods active when they didn't on the 1st game. ;(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know I am way late to this party but I am currently playing through this for the first time and it is fucking awesome.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wish there were more games like this. Playing this with 4 friends was one of my favorite gaming experience of the last few years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Question - I love tactical rpg's, I loved Divinity Original Sin.

I haven't touched this outside of starting the game like 9 times on a high difficulty and then having work issues so all I know is you start on a boat, woman in shackles ends up being a super villain, you wreck ashore, then honestly from there I don't remember much other than running around the city for a few short minutes.

My question is this: I have a wife and we want to game together while we wait for FF7R, what is the optimal way to play this? PC and sit next to each other? PC COOP from both of our pcs? (not sure why we wouldnt just play on one tbh) PS4? Are mods THAT much of an experience improvement?

Looking for anyone to hopefully shed a little light so long after release, thanks in advance!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I got this like two weeks ago during the steam sale and I like it better than any turn based rpg I've ever tried. I just couldn't get into bg or bg2, but this one has me plotting and researching while I'm supposed to be working. Really fun game.

• 2Like

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had a similar experience. I have now beat the game three times, and have an insane amount of hours logged. Huge fan of turn-based tactical combat now.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question - I love tactical rpg's, I loved Divinity Original Sin.

I haven't touched this outside of starting the game like 9 times on a high difficulty and then having work issues so all I know is you start on a boat, woman in shackles ends up being a super villain, you wreck ashore, then honestly from there I don't remember much other than running around the city for a few short minutes.

My question is this: I have a wife and we want to game together while we wait for FF7R, what is the optimal way to play this? PC and sit next to each other? PC COOP from both of our pcs? (not sure why we wouldnt just play on one tbh) PS4? Are mods THAT much of an experience improvement?

Looking for anyone to hopefully shed a little light so long after release, thanks in advance!

Mods can make a huge QoL difference, same as the first game. Not saying there is anything wrong with the base game (I love it, countless playthroughs), but I like usually at the very least getting a mod that makes your out of combat movement speed higher. Permanent spirit vision (or whatever its called) so you don't have to recast it hundreds of times is equally nice.

For CoOp, I'd say different PC's but that's just so you can both explore freely without it split screen/getting weird, but that's just me. For hilarity, stack charisma points and then pick the opposite of anything you wife wants in the RP choices

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I convinced my party to let me Ascend thankfully. Now I dont have to murder them and step over their corpses.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
welp now I can put this one away for a while. After my first normal playthrough, I immediately ran a new lone wolf x2 and intentionally made some different choices and played with different characters. What an absolutely great game.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Loved this and the first on PC. How well does it play on console (ps4pro)? Arthritis from all the clicking or?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Loved this and the first on PC. How well does it play on console (ps4pro)? Arthritis from all the clicking or?
There's not too much clicking around, although inventory management is probably a nightmare if you're the type of person who loots everything.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I convinced my party to let me Ascend thankfully. Now I dont have to murder them and step over their corpses.

You should murder them anyway like a rational person would.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Super super late to this party but after watching the demo of BG3 few months ago it reignited my nerd love for D&D. I was looking at a few guides (fextralife) and I'm either thinking about Bloodmage or Eternal Knight, something with a necro class. Not going to do solo on my first try but if those classes aren't good any suggestions on what to play with a party?

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Super super late to this party but after watching the demo of BG3 few months ago it reignited my nerd love for D&D. I was looking at a few guides (fextralife) and I'm either thinking about Bloodmage or Eternal Knight, something with a necro class. Not going to do solo on my first try but if those classes aren't good any suggestions on what to play with a party?

You can be anything you want really. You can mix and match stuff to your liking and respect whenever you want for free (once you get past act 1 unless you enable a Larian mod to add a respect mirror to Fort Joy). I’ve been doing an online coop run through the game with a friend and I think we are closing in on the big finale at roughly 120 hours now. Fantastic game. My favorite build is a 2h weapon warrior. Max str then go for warfare with necromancy mixed in. Dude is invincible and destroys everything. Such a blast. My second character is a summoner with pyro secondary. I’ve respected her so many times though and everything is fun and powerful so don’t worry about that stuff. Just enjoy the game using builds you find fun.

• 2Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The only thing you really need to know is that you want to play mono damage or even split damage. So all physical/magic or a two/two magic and physical split. If you go three physical and one magic or the opposite then the solo damage dealer of that type won't be very effective because they will have problem breaking the enemy defense solo. For a first time player the frost paladin, crystal cleric, hydrosophist, X builds from fextralife have good synergy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
My first playthrough I played sebille main as ranger, ifan as rogue, red prince as geo/s&s warrior and fane as hydro mage. Fextralife has some decent build guides (which I used for the latter two characters), but look for sin tee's guides on steam. They're even better, but geared more for advanced playthroughs

And btw, Archers are crazy powerful in this game

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think I'll try out Sin Tees Crimson Queen build since it's geared for party play. Fextralife is more of a solo build. One question how is loot? 100% random like in Diablo or static where bosses and mobs drop the same item always.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
A few unique items will always drop from specific fights, and then some fights will always give some guaranteed quality of item, after that it's random.