Divinity: Original Sin 2

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Think I'll try out Sin Tees Crimson Queen build since it's geared for party play. Fextralife is more of a solo build. One question how is loot? 100% random like in Diablo or static where bosses and mobs drop the same item always.

The nice thing now is you can access the larian mods and add a vendor in each act that allows you to bring an item up to your current level. It is expensive gold wise but very nice to keep a couple pieces of perfect statted gear up to date or the uniques like the archers gloves that don't have anything close to them for the whole game even if they drop at like level twelve.

If you are going necro caster from sintee then I'd suggest an all physical archer (take elemental arrows for blood pools), fextralifes jugg build which is all physical and brings monster crowd control, and then a summoner. The summoner rounds things out nicely because it brings an extra frontline body early on and has flexible damage types along with running buffs for your party. Later on you can respec it to be a semi necro that can combo off more necro spells.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Does it matter which class I assigned to which character or all that's just personal preference?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Preference for the most part, assuming you are going to take the original companions and play one of them yourself. I would personally make sybil the Archer and fane the necro since their racials/source power give you the most bang for your buck. The jugg and Summoner can be whoever.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Preference for the most part, assuming you are going to take the original companions and play one of them yourself. I would personally make sybil the Archer and fane the necro since their racials/source power give you the most bang for your buck. The jugg and Summoner can be whoever.
So pretty much follow Sin Tees and Fextralife guides for each character build?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sybille works alright as Necro too, you can use the pool of blood from the racial to get the -1AP cost on necro spells talent. I haven't played a necro though so not sure how good they are. When I replayed it a few weeks ago to finally finish it, I went Lone Wolf cause I didn't want to bother with a full team, and it was just pyro/geo caster(eventually a bunch of other stuff cause lone wolf) and summoner/support hydro setup, worked well enough, just annoying on the fights with fire immune/fire resistant enemies, but pyro is still as busted as it was at launch, especially the fucking traps. Literally one rounded most of the bosses in the game by just getting on high ground and dropping traps+fireball on them, even without high ground it was high damage.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Other than the racials, it matters zilch. For example, your fire breath racial the lizard has is melee oriented (short range), so putting it on a ranged person is kinda worthless. That said, they tend to lose their usefulness pretty quickly anyway as there is almost always a better use of your action points each round.

Thinking about my play throughs, the only racial passive that I ever found myself wanting every playthrough was the elf cannibalism, cause eating people opens up a stupid amount of story points (hilarious as that concept is).

End of the day, you can make a lizard priest, skelly battle knight, elf wizard or whatever to your hearts content. Only advice I'd give is to go lone wolf if you are co-op and just play 2 characters instead of 4. For me, made it more personal and less irritating juggling 4 skill sets instead of 2 strong fighters. Further play throughs when you realize how much you'll love the game with different characters to see their back story becomes pretty much a loveable new game +

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So pretty much follow Sin Tees and Fextralife guides for each character build?
Builds aren't like THAT important, you mostly as pointed out want to keep your options for damage types in check, and try to get like someone who can steal(makes a ton of shit easier) and someone who can do dialogue checks and one more with high wits to get first turn/discover stuff. So mostly your civic abilities should be stacked on chars, but the rest you can put points in kinda whatever, actually having a bunch of random points let you use gear with +skill to use a large variety of skills(not that you can use them all since your memory won't be high enough, but the option is there).

Also you can respec for free once you reach act2(act1 if you use a mod/the official mod). So even if you fuck up something or don't like something it doesn't really matter too much.

Oh and you want someone with Pet Pal, or the Pet Pal mod/official mod. There's A LOT of things you'll miss if you don't have it(you can still complete most things but there's a lot of quests you can solve with it a lot more easily).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Necro is largely physical damage as well. So keep that in mind. I did red prince as 2h str/necro, Sybille as a ranged huntsman, Fane I did as geo/pyro. His poisons can heal himself. Lohse I did as Aero/Hydro. Probably not the most optimized builds but worked fine for me.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
and never forget, anything you fight whether you are hooded/masked or not, will know fane's a bloody undead anyway and act accordingly.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Sybille works alright as Necro too, you can use the pool of blood from the racial to get the -1AP cost on necro spells talent. I haven't played a necro though so not sure how good they are. When I replayed it a few weeks ago to finally finish it, I went Lone Wolf cause I didn't want to bother with a full team, and it was just pyro/geo caster(eventually a bunch of other stuff cause lone wolf) and summoner/support hydro setup, worked well enough, just annoying on the fights with fire immune/fire resistant enemies, but pyro is still as busted as it was at launch, especially the fucking traps. Literally one rounded most of the bosses in the game by just getting on high ground and dropping traps+fireball on them, even without high ground it was high damage.

Oh yah, elves work as everything because of their racials are the best offensively in a generalist sense. I suggested Fane for the necro because late game necro does stupid Aoe damage with the source spells and you combo that with him doing the source reset ability and his time warp to basically one round anything grouped mid to late game. Of course that works with Fane being any Aoe caster but I was just referring to the builds I was recommending to Nola. Fane can also get the elf AP passive if you wait to eat a certain body part until after you get his special mask.

For Fane being undead I just kept a poison barrel in an easy to reach place in each act and always had enough potions combined with play dead to counter act the fact that everyone and their mother focused Fane with holy magic.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This prompted me to take a look at the workshop for this - wow, that's a hell of a lot of quality mod content.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fane’s Time Warp skill is one of the best in the game, out of anything. It gives you an entire extra turn immediately after the current, so it’s generally wise to pick up Fane and place him as a heavy AP using caster or more complex character to fully utilize all of his available movement and monster AP pool potential. I ended up respeccing Fane on my first play through to more of an Elementalist type build since I discovered his ability (they are not unlocked immediately) and have been absolutely decimating shit with him. Sometimes he can literally win an entire fight by himself in his 2 turns.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
FYI - Fane can also cast time warp on any other party member

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
FYI - Fane can also cast time warp on any other party member
Wow I am fucking retarded and this is absolutely true. I don’t know why, but I assumed an ability this powerful was self cast only and never thought to try. So essentially you can disregard half of what I was saying. Lmao. Good shit. Still probably the best ability in the game, though.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Wow I am fucking retarded and this is absolutely true. I don’t know why, but I assumed an ability this powerful was self cast only and never thought to try. So essentially you can disregard half of what I was saying. Lmao. Good shit. Still probably the best ability in the game, though.
time warp + adrenaline rush + skin graft = LOL

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I am finally giving this game the time it deserves. I have completed about 50 hours and nearly 100% Act 1 & 2.

Here is my problem. None of the vendors in my game have Scoundrel skill books.

I have respec'd my party a number of times, using online guides and stuff. At the end of Act 2, I turned my cleric into a Rogue/Scoundrel for my physical damage, then I jumped around to all the vendors to find my new skills and nothing... I then jumped on the boat and advanced to Act 3 Nameless Island. Ran around to all the new vendors here and nothing... I thought maybe there was a secret hidden vendors somewhere I was just missing, but no. Using multiple guide sites, I have visited the vendors they say should have them and they don't. They have a variety of other books, but no Scoundrel.

Is this fucking game bugged? All the vendors have the skill books for the character classes i initially created. Now that I am respec'd, am I just fucked? This is really annoying.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
So, I am finally giving this game the time it deserves. I have completed about 50 hours and nearly 100% Act 1 & 2.

Here is my problem. None of the vendors in my game have Scoundrel skill books.

I have respec'd my party a number of times, using online guides and stuff. At the end of Act 2, I turned my cleric into a Rogue/Scoundrel for my physical damage, then I jumped around to all the vendors to find my new skills and nothing... I then jumped on the boat and advanced to Act 3 Nameless Island. Ran around to all the new vendors here and nothing... I thought maybe there was a secret hidden vendors somewhere I was just missing, but no. Using multiple guide sites, I have visited the vendors they say should have them and they don't. They have a variety of other books, but no Scoundrel.

Is this fucking game bugged? All the vendors have the skill books for the character classes i initially created. Now that I am respec'd, am I just fucked? This is really annoying.

Loaded up the most recent play through from I don't know when. It's only in act 2 but I found them on Trader Haran in Driftwood Square. They were mixed in with the necromancer and marksmanship books, not a specific vendor for scoundrel things.