Divinity: Original Sin 2

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the mods automatically give you pet pal, its definitely something that makes things better.

I can understand Elf's having more arcane/divinity prowess and mind reading potential, but never imagined them as cannibals. That's going to be hilarious if they keep things in line of the first one with smelly panties, talking zombie heads etc.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This and Cuphead in the same month. Ffffff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Original Sin 1 was such a breath of fresh air. It had pacing issues but overall was one of my favorite games from the last few years. September 14 can't come fast enough.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I spent so much time recreating my characters, I really hope the first quest isn't some town murder, it really turned a large portion off thst could've jumped in had it not been there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You start off as a prisoner al la Elder Scrolls.
I think he means the first few hours, unless you mean it takes a long ass time to get out. In the first one, you start on a beach and fight your way through a bunch of shit, but then the next like 4levels you spend in town running around doing quests, so by the time you have a fair amount of skills and feel like you want to reroll, you're fucked and have to go through all the town non combat shit again.

As someone who rerolls a lot I had the same issue, was kinda annoying. Mostly it'd be nice if there wasn't a major city with non stop non combat quests for the first ~7levels or whatever it was. Maybe it was less I don't remember but it was pretty long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The first area does still take a while to play through. I think it took me roughly 10ish hours each time I played. I do admit I am a completionist though so you could probably run through it much faster than that if you were determined.

Rime

<Donor>
First chapter/act is 6-10 hours and is about you trying to escape being imprisoned/enslaved on an island where captured Source users are sent. There are some fetch/running quests, but there is plenty of combat and lots of having to sneak around because some of the mobs are 110% not intended to be faced in a fight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good so better pacing then I guess. Obviously when you reroll you still have to replay stuff, but in the first one it was like, spend 10mins doing the tutorial dungeon, 5mins to fight the orcs on the beach, and then like 2-3hours of running around doing the stolen fish quest, stealing everything in the inn, doing the secret passage stuff, talking to the dog/getting the corpse, getting the rod for the first big boss and all the other random shit I forgot until you were ready to venture outside and kill some shit again, and it felt pretty bad redoing that part because you figured that you maybe didn't need 3pt in sneak after all or that you should get points in different magic because the first NPC is an air/water mage and you don't want too much overlap and shit like that.

On that note, I forgot if I read what they're doing with companions in this, are the additional chars still preleveled and you want to get them as low level as possible so they don't have random shit so you can customize? Can you respec before halfway into the game? Do you still play 2 characters?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looking to get a 4 man crew together to play this. I have 3 so one more who would want to play in sessions. Wednesdays 7-10pm CST of beer and fucking up. I'm more about having fun than being a min maxing faggot who reloads the game at loot chests repeatedly to get better items. So if you're about that I don't recommend playing together.

Let me know if you're interested! Won't be able to play launch day as one of us is OOO at this time.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
On that note, I forgot if I read what they're doing with companions in this, are the additional chars still preleveled and you want to get them as low level as possible so they don't have random shit so you can customize? Can you respec before halfway into the game? Do you still play 2 characters?

You play a single character in this one. You can either choose from one of several pre made characters or make your own. The premade characters pull double duty as your companions and all the companions are found in the first camp/town you get too (You also meet them in the tutorial level but can't recruit them yet) so there's not much of a chance to level before you get access to them. I think they do still level match them.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Question for those who have tried the EA a bit so far.

Do you get access to all the pre-made characters if you start a custom one so you can do their background/companion stories? Or would that require multiple runs of the game?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You play a single character in this one. You can either choose from one of several pre made characters or make your own. The premade characters pull double duty as your companions and all the companions are found in the first camp/town you get too (You also meet them in the tutorial level but can't recruit them yet) so there's not much of a chance to level before you get access to them. I think they do still level match them.

Hmm I see so you get them all early that's nice. Getting them at lvl 2 wouldn't be a big issue, it's when you get stuff at lvl 4 or 5 that it was messy imo, lvl 2 generally doesn't fuck the chars beyond repairs.

I'll have to look into the game more once it's closer to release, figure out what kind of char I'm making and what kind of party I'm looking at, didn't really pay much attention to the game at all, don't want to do the early access stuff and spoil myself so just waiting for now.

Sulrn

Deuces
When I loaded into the character creator last night it only seemed like there was a human, elf, and dragon pre-made. So unless they're adding more it would seem like you could do them all on one run. In D:OS though they added two within weeks of release, so I would think that question is still in the air for what makes the final cut.